• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stereotype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
  • Do you like classify people based on the way they are, how they look or their status? Sometimes I do, like skinny ones can't run fast or fat people are jolly(which is rampant).

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Um. Fat people.. jolly..? I'm sorry but that makes absolutely no sense. @_@;
    First thing that came to mind from that was Santa.

I'd rather meet & get to know them rather than instantly stereotype. D: But sometimes it's inevitable you'll stereotype someone based on whatever.

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Apparently, I judge people from their looks. ;;

it's so sad, I know. If I look at a nerdy-looking person, I can't help but say "Hey look, a nerd!" and it turns out they are better at me at sports. I just can't help myself. ;;

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • What about french people? Having live in france for 6 years i bearly never see a stripy jumper and i've never seen an onion necklace

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • No, I hate stereotyping D=<

Here are some retarded Asian Stereotypes:
    All Asians all have squinty eyes.
    All Southeast asians are Chinese (Only TRUE anime fans know that Japan exists xD)
    Everything is made in China (Actually...)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I would only stereotype if I've previously seen how the person acts, speaks and observe their self-composure (or lack thereof). I don't judge by looks; I only wish I could say the same thing about my schoolmates. Heck, most of the girls give me weird looks just because I don't wear skimpy, tight-fitted clothing or use street slang like they do.
    There's also this tall girl in my school who dresses in gothic clothing and everyone loves talking smack about her and calling her a satanist. To me, she just seems more intelligent than half of these ghetto creeps that I'm forced to associate with on a daily basis. She shrugs off all the taunts people throw at her like mosquitoes.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im skinny and I run faster than most people(maybe its the African American but only I can say that)

I do. Like emo people smell bad and rednecks are racist. I shouldnt do that though because I am gay but whatev.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Contrary to the popular French stereotype, I do shower.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I never stereotype... Mostly because I don't have to... Most people at my school are walking stereotypes and I hate it! D:

Full of flamboyant gays and threatening, non-english speaking immigrants and all...

But there are a few exceptions... :<

Years
  • Well stereotyping is Human Nature. But we should learn to control it and not let it cloud our judgment. It can be argued that stereotypes caused World War 2. T_T

Anyways, I try not to stereotype. And it's especially hard to do on the Web.

And hey I'm Filipino so I hate it when people start making "weird language-like" sounds to simulate the perceived way that we speak. D=<

I just hope that the Internet Generation learns to be more culturally acceptive. ^_^

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • i sometimes sterotype but only when we joke around like no offence
    My friend calls me:taco
    me i call him:chicken

thus stating im a Mexican and my friend is African American

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't stereotype, and judging people just by their looks is wrong anyways.
    But sometimes, it's just too obvious...

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I see it as discrimination...

Sometimes, yeah. To classify people according to your interest levels concerning them.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Nah i hate stereotypes. A real bad case is for me the girl who i asked out who is a minor first name and a hi in the hall basis cause i am fat thought of me as an uncool person and would be very sad and all but while walking home with her after school one day saw that i have one of the best personalities in the world. So yeah i hate stereotyping and judging people and all that.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Ugh, occasionally I do stereotype people, though not quite as much, because I often learn that more often than not, my previous opinion of them is far different from my opinion of them after I've gotten to know them. Take this one girl for example, she was new at my school in 7th grade, and I thought she looked rather intimidating and cold, since I rarely saw her smile, even around her friends, however, due to the fact that her friends sat at the same lunch table that my friends and I do, I gradually got to know her, and the fact that she was in my art class helped. Currently, she's one of my best friends, and the person I can really only be myself around, which is pretty awesome, since I normally hide behind a shell a lot of the time. So yeah, I can't believe I ever thought she was intimidating and cold now that I've gotten to know her, and its really kind of cool how she ended up being one of my closest friends, and everything. These days I try not to stereotype people because that one experiance in seventh grade showed me how wrong I usually was about them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back