• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Doc Brock!" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss Pachirisu's fever in "Doc Brock!"

My review to come forthwith.

Posting it a little early, as I have to go bed early. Enjoy yourselves, people.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • - I can't believe the title of this episode was a pun on Spiderman... Doc Oc -> Doc Brock
    - Honestly, I really can't believe Ash didn't figure out that it was electricity build up right away... I even figued that out
    - Lol, of course Dawn and Ash have to get into a two minute and pointless fight
    - Wow... a Zapdos... that's... random... and in the Sinnoh region none the less
    - POOR GLISCOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those jerks!
    - Pikachu peeping at Dawn's legs?
    - I almost felt like I was watching an episode of House where the diagnosis was blatnantly obvious and the doctors just weren't getting it...

I liked this episode, I had a few laughs and thought that Dawn and Ash needed the lesson. Well, apparently Ash needed it again because there have been previous episodes that were very similar.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • The episode of the forgotten pokémon should've been the title. Pachi needed this episode really bad. Actually, I think that they did this episode to show why Takeshi is still around.

Did anyone see the 4Kids logo at the end? It was weird.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    • Spiderman reference? YES!
    • Did Ash really forget that Pika had electricity buildup? It happened to your god-mon, how could you forget?
    • Gliscor was, as always, absolutely awesome.
    My ELT to come later.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The episode of the forgotten pokémon should've been the title. Pachi needed this episode really bad. Actually, I think that they did this episode to show why Takeshi is still around.

Did anyone see the 4Kids logo at the end? It was weird.

No... where? 4Kids?! AAAAAH!!!

This episode was the most freakin random, funny, and epicfullnessy of them all.

At the end I was like "Oh My, it's over... oof"

Then "We forgot Gliscor!"

"AAAAAH!"

Random my friends. Maybe it's the revenge of 4Kids.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • I did notice 4kids... and the weird thing is, it was there REALLY old logo. This logo hasn't been around since... well they gave up Pokemon. Is it possible they used something in episode (whether it be music, theme, or anytin else) that 4kids had come up with and then they had to give them credit?

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • I liked this episode(as if I don't like every episode..). It was serious, but at the same time, goofy. LOL at Ash picking Staravia over Gliscor. We got a lot of game music, too, and that's always a plus.

Note: Huh....... 4Kids? Old 4Kids logo....... too? Okay. That was weird. Didn't see that coming...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I meant to say "didn't realise I double posted" ah it annoys me we can see deleted posts and I can't edit the messege

- Buneary's outfit again!
    - Ash fallen asleep! XD Pikachu is cute angry!
    - Brock sounded rude when Ash asked him where he was going and Brock replied "you don't know? I told you yesterday". Brock, why should Ash keep a tab on non-main characters?
    - I don't know why, but I found it funny how Brock's yell when he fell got cut off by the opening XD It's like they didn't even care XDD
    - Dawn gets to say the opening today!
    - Pachirisu is cute!
    - Croagunk's mirror thing again
    - Hmm dub music weirdly annoying today
    - Piplup rejected by Dawn
    - Pachirisu is REALLY cute!
    - It's so weird for them to be eating crisps and thhey call them chips...oh well
    - Ash asleep AGAIN! XD Cute
    - Pachipa is ill :(
    - Gliscor REJECTED :( XD
    - Ash's voice was REALLY cute when he was arguing with Dawn
    - Random Zapdos
    - Staravia's stuck aww
    - It's still REALLY weird to see anyone in Pokemon in a shop
    - Brock attacked XD
    - Gliscor's voice just isn't as cute as Glion's
    - LOL squashed Gliscor
    - He just left Gliscor o.O
    - Dawn, your Pachirisu has high electricity because YOU NEVER USE IT.
    - Ash and Dawn don't know much about looking after ill Pokemon, how do other trainers cope?
    - Staravia is happpy ^^
    - I just noticed, when Jessie is saying the motto, she doesn't sound screechy anymore! Hooray! Now I'm 100% satisified with all the main characters voices!! Her voice is smexy now!? Really noticable at "Bringing chaos at a breakneck pase" and "Jessie!" "a rose by any other name is just as sweet
    - Wait, why did the dub use HAPPY music when Team Rocket attacked!? It sounded at the start as though they were using an 8th movie track but went into a dub track...weird
    - LOL at the end! But why did they make Gliscor ANGRY when it was supposed to be sad?

Quote:

- Meowth: I CAN FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    LOL. Making fun of the weird motto animation, I suppose

Music kept: (7) (did I miss Team Rocket's Sneaking Theme?)

Rowan's Lab Theme (movie 10)
    Route 1
    Route 201
    Dawn says she's going to do the cooking
    Ice beam bucket
    Team Rocket's Sinnoh Theme
    When Brock asks everyone about food

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Okay, this ep was filled with randomness. Especially the ending.

Why on earth did Brock scream right before the opening? Did the voice actor trip or something?

Meowth...flying? What the heck?

Hey!! That was Gliscor's idea!!

Nice Wooper. "Ooopah, ooopah!!"

Zapdos??!!

Gliscor really needs some way to move about without gusts of wind...

Pathetic argument, guys.

And now the journey continues.....GLISCOR!! Poor thing....

Rating: 8/10

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Meowth...flying? What the heck?

Nice Wooper. "Ooopah, ooopah!!"

In Japanese, Meowth says "Oh, sky" so that's why Meowth always looks to the sky at that part of the motto haha. Yeah, Wooper's voice is really cute

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It was a great episode...letting brock use more of his breeder's ability and poor pachirisu got better...AWESOME EPISODE! :D:D
    HUH!!!?!??!? Gliscor all ALONE! ':D

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • -Poor Pachi. First, Ash gives it a cold shower, then it gets a fever :(
    -GLION <3
    -What berry was that that Pikachu found?
    -"Maybe it's on this tree...Oh, Sudowoodo! Sorry..."
    -Finally, a display of every Pokemon. :)
    -MOAR GLION <3
    -Glion hitting a tree </3
    -Glion hitting Brock <3
    -Glion breaking Brock's back...not sure whether to <3 or to </3 <3
    -Glion bouncing <3
    -Glion just being there <3<3<3
    -OK, enough Glion...<3
    -Poor Staravia ._.
    -HOLY PHACKBALLS IT'S ZAPDOS :0 Can we expect Articuno/Moltres? :S
    -Yay for Oran Berries and +10 HP! :D
    -Poor Glion at the end </3

Overall, great episode.

Next week's the Contest! Whoo!

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Oh, the randomness. Brock's fall thing, ZAPDOS, James getting crushed by rocks during the motto, Meowth flying and where did those crisps come from? They were moaning for ages about being starving and then, just before they die of starvation, Meowth goes: "oh wait, I realised that I actually have LOADS of food!"

Anyway, here's my quite long list of thoughts...

- So you just randomly freeze a huge tree, that is probably filled with bug pokemon, without even considering their safety? That's a little irresponsible, Dawn...
    - Ummm...did he just fall over or something? That was....a weird sound for a person to make...
    - Bet he'll forget about the Rock and ground and fire types...
    - or, the writers will just conveniently forget about them...
    - OH MY GOD! THEY DIDN'T EDIT OUT THE CHOPSTICKS!
    - Wow, Ash sucks at strategising...
    - You already made that joke, Ash...
    - Hmmm, maybe its dying. Nah, I mustn't get my hopes up...
    - Kinda ironic, that it gets sick while Brock is gone...to get medicine :P
    - Let's cool it down...nah, let's cover it in blankets and coats!
    - Wow, they're both idiots.
    - HOLY CHOCOLATE CHIPMUNKS! A FREAKING ZAPDOS!
    - But TR goes for staravia instead...
    - Ash, you are too stupid to live.
    - Lol at Gliscor
    - Why are you going on about keeping it cool, and piling on the blankets as well?
    - I liked the acting...
    - Gliscor weighs 94 pounds...damn, Brock must be stacked...
    - Or not...
    - Heeereeeee's BROCKO!
    - Oh for gods sake...Pikachu's had this about eight times...could you not think of anything new?
    - Yes you are, Dawn.
    - CRY! CRY like a baby, DAWN!
    - Lol, Brock owns Ash and Dawn at everything...
    - Why hasn't Ash even remembered Staravia?
    - You mean Gust, Ash? Pretty basic terminology...
    - Haha, you got lectured!
    - You were eating pancakes just minutes ago!
    - Croagunk...SMILED?!
    - Ash, you should try and remember your pokemon once in a while...You forgot both Staravia and Gliscor in this episode...

Years
  • Lol, guess I'm slightly late about commenting about this epsiode. Lawls, who cares? Anyways...
    I liked it, but what happened to Brock right before the theme started? xD I think he fell.
    They all looked so cute taking a bath. xD 'specially Turtwig, Piplup, Pachirisu amd Buneary, they all looked so happy taking a bath! (Maybe a bit TOO happy) xD
    Poor Gliscor. xD

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I figure that the Zapdos was there because the three Legendary Birds wander around in Sinnoh in Platinum, don't they? I'm probably the only person who got this, har dee har.

*/random*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I just got to watch this episode last night (during what little I got to watch of the marathon). I really liked it, especially the randomness of it. Ash forgetting about Gliscor really made me laugh (though, it was kinda sad for Gliscor). I can't really give it as thorough of a review as some of you, though.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • This was a horrible episode to be honest it has no impact on the series at all it was pointless and a waste of a pokemon episode, it wasnt funny and they were trying much too hard to be "random" that wasnt random and ash shoulda just figured it out pikachu had it and why did they show the whole zapdos and TR thing...worst episode ever...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Loved this episode (and the ones from Fighting Fear With Fear! up to and including this ep., since they were the only ones I got to watch); mainly because of its randomness and that I haven't watched Pokemon in so LONG!! (luckily, I caught a little bit of Pikachuisdent's Day!)

My thoughts:
    -Wooper's voice is so cute! :o "Oopah!"
    -Drat! Missed the accidental 4Kids logo and Brock's yell :(
    -Split-second ZAPDOS!!!! :D Nice (though random) cameo; I remembered Pkmn The Movie 2000 instantly! But why the freak would TR go after Staravia and not Zapdos?! Luckily, they didn't get any Pkmn as always, but they need to check their Poke-priorities...
    -Aww...Croagunk smiled! :)
    -As for the electricity buildup, I thought Pachirisu was sick because of a whole another reason altogether (mainly Ash spraying cold water). I didn't think the writers would use it as a reason for sickness again. And at least Ash remembered it at some point, but he probably should've recalled it earlier, especially since the sickness was a pivotal point in Ash and Pikachu's lives.
    -The argument was weak. Especially Ash's side, because he didn't have anything useful to counter Dawn's point about how everyone ate her supposedly "bad" pancakes, with only Pachirisu getting sick. And it reminded me of Ash's arguments with Angie during the Summer Academy arc. Honestly, he's getting into way too many conflicts these days; it's like he loves to pick a fight (which he may)
    -LOVED Ash's line: "Check it. This an Oran Berry?" Didn't know he was cool enough to use 'check it' XD :D
    - "You don't know? I told you yesterday." :D Lol, that was harsh. But Ash kinda needed it. He needs to stop forgetting stuff (Electricity buildup, which berry was supposed to be used, where Gliscor and Staravia are located, 10x10 that annoyed me a lotin the Darkrai movie) and start memorizing/remembering more often. I mean sheesh, at his age (whatever it is), he needs to start being more attentive and not rely on Brock so much. I liked how that was an underlying message in the episode, because Ash needs to learn things for himself. It's good that Brock assists him, but the overreliance needs to be cut down. Ash needs to remember something once in a while.
    -Piplup and Gliscor: REJECTED! XD
    -Pikachu looked so cute making pancakes!
    -I'm glad Dawn can cook something, unlike another over-relying Trainer we know. :)
    -You're not a horrible Trainer, Dawn! Don't cry! I REALLY hate seeing Dawn cry, it gets me so emotional sometimes... On another note, I wish she didn't doubt herself so much. After all these eps., her confidence should've increased by now! (though I really shouldn't be talking)
    -"Oh, there you are, Staravia!" Not even a "I was so worried!"? Darn TR for causing more trouble during a crisis!
    -Everyone being slammed by Gliscor should be really glad it evolved! :D It's pre-evo is heavier! Wonder if Brock could lift that?
    -Ash and Dawn better learn First Aid in a future ep. so we don't have a repeat of this one (or the other elecrical-buildup sickness eps). That seemed like a key moment to me... And with the layering thing: It's a FEVER! Don't make Pachirisu warmer!
    -"We forgot Gliscor!" LOL XD! I feel bad 'cause I forgot Gliscor, too! :) But at least I remembered Staravia! Poor thing has to hop all the way back.
    -Gliscor has the BEST Pokemon catchphrase: "Score!" Well, it works when Gliscor wins at something!
    -Lastly, Ash's VA is improving! I hated her at first, but now I'm warming up to her. :) But I sorely miss Veronica Taylor's awesome VA skills (now delegated to the obscure Dinosaur King :()

Back