• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Great Ball catches Articuno!

Valmordian

Demigod
Years
  • After getting Articuno down to about 5 HP and paralyzing him, I throw 24 Ultra Balls and he breaks every one of them.. I have 8 Great Balls left so I decide "What the hay? Might as well try these." After throwing 4 Great Balls he is suddenly caught by the 5th one after knocking out 3 of my L44 pokemon with Ice Beam. Yay for me I guess. :laugh:

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    i think there should be a bragging sticky cause alot of people post about this issue.

Valmordian

Demigod
    Years
  • AdamHays said:
    i think there should be a bragging sticky cause alot of people post about this issue.

Hmm, yeah. There probably should be a Bragging Thread for people like me.. lol :cheeky:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I've caught Kyogre with a Pokeball (In Sapphire), Mew with a Pokeball (in Emerald), and Moltres in two turns (in LeafGreen). All depends on luck...

And we may make some sort of legednary pokemon luck thread or something...

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    And I caught Rayquaza, with the life in Green Status, with a Premier ^_^

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I second the motion for the bragging thread...I just hope I have something to brag about someday o_o;;

Well it took me exactly two great balls to catch Zapdos in LG. Other notable achievements of mine include encountering Lugia on silver, then weakening it, paralyzing it, and then capturing it with a heavy ball, and...uhh...well, let's just say that my record on pokemon games for luck isn't too spectacular <_<;;

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    lol..i caught my moltres with a pokeball ....i also caught my articuno with a great ball ..and i caught my zapdos with an ultra ball in 4 turns..i agree with shadow it all depends on luck......

Pokemon Master Joe

I am Joe the EchidnaFox!
    Years
  • I caught Moltres in FR with 2 great balls
    I caught Zapdos in FR with 5 Great Balls
    I caught Articuno in FR with 7 Great Balls

LUCKY ME!

I also Caught Ho-oh with a pokeball in Gold

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Not crazy as me.
    I have caught Deoxys with PokeBall, took me 3 PokeBall.
    And Mew...get his HP to 1 and catch it, 1 PokeBall.

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    I had a heck of a time with Moltres. I had 19 Ultra Balls with me and I threw 15 of them at him after getting his HP almost all the way down and then putting him to sleep.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    same here

that's all I'll use (unless I can get my friend to trade a pokemon with a masterball attached to it).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • In Colosseum, I threw Net Balls at all of them with half HP, and they all got caught on the first try.

I also third, or fourth or any number the bragging thread. It would be very useful for braggers like ourselves. :D

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Let's see...

Entei, with a Pokeball in Yellow health
    Rayquaza in 3 turns.

That's about all my bragging rights.

BTW, Great Balls are better than Ultra Balls for catching the Regis, I found. I have 2 out of three of them in a Great Ball, the other being in an Ultra Ball. In fact, Ultra Balls aren't always the best for catching any Legendary, because they're more likely to break out of an Ultra Ball than any other.

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
  • i have terrible luck like that...mewtwo took my master ball :( :\ i tried to catch it with ultra balls. it was literally paralyzed so bad it could only move like, once every 3 turns, it had only a tiny thing of hp, probably about 3-7 hp, AND it had run out of usable moves and struggled it'self to death. it was at that point that i gave up on trying to catch it with over 50 ultra balls and just tossed the master ball at it. heck, i can always cheat and get the masterball again in ruby version when i restart it, give it to one of my pokemon and send it over to fr... :P

Back