• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Awsome New Development Platform

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
  • Listen up all game developers.
    My friend did some research and he stumbled upon a new era of developing tools. I myself downloaded the program and tested it myself and have to say that the things you can do in it are incredible. Like all legal programs, DSMaker full version costs money but games can be made with the free version.

DS Game Maker supposedly should be able to produce games which you can pun on a ds cartridge and play on your very own Nintendo DS. I hope to get as many people as possible into this new Program since it opens the abilities of creating more powerful and professional games. The language the program uses it the standard C++ language so it would be different from all the RPG Makers so far.

I'll keep using this program and will keep you updated on anything new.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Well, we were made aware of this several months ago by another member (can't remember who though, for the life of me), and I don't think that it would be a very viable option for this community.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I heard about it, but I have no interest in it.
    I would be interested in a program which converts rpgxp games to ds.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I heard about it, but I have no interest in it.
    I would be interested in a program which converts rpgxp games to ds.

Hahahaha....I'm sorry to say this but that is very pathetic. I feel sorry for all those that only stick to RMXP because of Poccil's starter kit. RMXP is already outdated and will be outdated even more, newer programs provide newer abilities. You are just limiting your ability to think and want to be spoon fed all the time. Someday you will have to take your own life and everything you do into your own hands. What will happen when there is no one to change your dipers anymore. I acctually feel insulted by people like this judging things before they even know everything about them.

And if no one is really interested in this...I guess there is no need for this thread anymore.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Hahahaha....I'm sorry to say this but that is very pathetic. I feel sorry for all those that only stick to RMXP because of Poccil's starter kit. RMXP is already outdated and will be outdated even more, newer programs provide newer abilities. You are just limiting your ability to think and want to be spoon fed all the time. Someday you will have to take your own life and everything you do into your own hands. What will happen when there is no one to change your dipers anymore. I acctually feel insulted by people like this judging things before they even know everything about them.
    That's kind of hypocritical from someone who's also being spoon fed by using Poccil's starter kit for his game.

The majority of people here are in some form of education or full time employment, or both. They make games for fun in their spare time. They may not have the time or ability to go and learn a full language like C++ just for the sake of making a Pokémon fan game. And if had the knowledge of C++, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be on a Pokémon forum, showcasing their fangames. They'd be setting their sights on creating their own, unique games. Which is where I imagine the more talented game developers here will end up eventually.

So don't go spitting acid just because some people don't want to have to learn C++ to use a program that you advertised. Let people make the huge step up from RPG engines to real programming languages when they're good and ready, instead of insulting them because they aren't.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • That's kind of hypocritical from someone who's also being spoon fed by using Poccil's starter kit for his game.

The majority of people here are in some form of education or full time employment, or both. They make games for fun in their spare time. They may not have the time or ability to go and learn a full language like C++ just for the sake of making a Pokémon fan game. And if had the knowledge of C++, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be on a Pokémon forum, showcasing their fangames. They'd be setting their sights on creating their own, unique games. Which is where I imagine the more talented game developers here will end up eventually.

So don't go spitting acid just because some people don't want to have to learn C++ to use a program that you advertised. Let people make the huge step up from RPG engines to real programming languages when they're good and ready, instead of insulting them because they aren't.

Some wise points there. I'm just saying that people should be more creative than relying on others for help. Personally I'm shifting to DSGame Maker because it has opened new possibilities to me, and from my thread you can read that the game i was developing is put on hold for quite some time. I won't be continuing with that game, but a friend of mine will. I already gave him all the files and he should create a new thread in the showcase section. What he does with the game is up to him. I have my examinations comming up and will return to game developing somewhere in August.
    Again good points there but people should stop relying on others.

With a little bit of knowledge you get this:
    This is my first crude effort though
    (check my sig)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Some wise points there. I'm just saying that people should be more creative than relying on others for help. Personally I'm shifting to DSGame Maker because it has opened new possibilities to me, and from my thread you can read that the game i was developing is put on hold for quite some time. I won't be continuing with that game, but a friend of mine will. I already gave him all the files and he should create a new thread in the showcase section. What he does with the game is up to him. I have my examinations comming up and will return to game developing somewhere in August.
    Again good points there but people should stop relying on others.

With a little bit of knowledge you get this:
    This is my first crude effort though
    (check my sig)

I personally found that very mean and rude.
    I personally think that you are quickly joining the group of people who hate RMXP.
    You have no reason for this.
    You were just using poccil's starter kit.
    I do not know of or have even heard of anyone who went straight to C++ without even trying a more reasonable language first.
    I have not said so before but, I am only 13 I have school and I do not have a lot of time on my hands.
    I personally am not using RMXP to make a game from a starter kit but, to learn a language and to put it to good use so I can come away from my game with so much more knowledge.
    I do not know what you knew when yopu were 13 but, I congratulate anyone who has a interest in programing and that is as young as I am.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Relying on others? Don't even talk about that. You're using a program to simplify a long process, much like what RMXP users do.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Why not create a game engine of your own, or even a new and unique programming language? You're also using other people's work if your game is made in existing softwares like XXX game maker.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I personally think that you are quickly joining the group of people who hate RMXP.

You were just using poccil's starter kit.

I do not know what you knew when yopu were 13 but, I congratulate anyone who has a interest in programing and that is as young as I am.

I have no reason to hate RMXP, so I don't. RMXP is the most user friendly game development tool there is, and it is also the one that started it for me. Poccil's starter kit is great too, but where is the fun in just editing maps and making events that were already made. Almost everyone's Pokemon Game is looking very similar and whats the point in playing the same game, with the same features and the same structure, just on a different map. It's great that many people different ages are into game developing. But being too young, not a very good excuse.

Anyways, you stick to what you do best, and I'm not here to judge or destort that.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Actually, if you know just a bit of rgss, you can change his scripts really easy making your pokemon game really different...

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
  • Actually, if you know just a bit of rgss, you can change his scripts really easy making your pokemon game really different...
    I know I did, before I scrapped my project due to getting a (another) job...

Hell, I almost turned it into completely different RPG :P

but thats the past...

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I have no reason to hate RMXP, so I don't. RMXP is the most user friendly game development tool there is, and it is also the one that started it for me. Poccil's starter kit is great too, but where is the fun in just editing maps and making events that were already made. Almost everyone's Pokemon Game is looking very similar(almost everyone is at an early stage) and whats the point in playing the same game, with the same features and the same structure, just on a different map(once again, everything is still in DEVELOPMENT which means that what you see isn't the final product...so there might be other fun features that will show up in the future. What makes your game so different anyway?). It's great that many people different ages are into game developing. But being too young, not a very good excuse.
    Commented on two things.

The fun is striving to achieve a goal only a few have accomplished. Poccil's starter kit only acts as a catalyst for development. Everything really depends on whatever floats your boat.

Back