• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Houndoom vs Typhlosion

houndoom or typhlosion?

• houndoom

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • typhlosion

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
dpmfa229.png
vs
dpmfa157.png

which is better move pool wise, stat wise, competitive wise and any other wise u can think of...

Also, which is your favorite and why xD
having trouble picking one of the two for competitive play and maybe u guys can help ^^

Thanks,
Vale
(if this thread has been already been made, please disregard this one and send it to the original thread)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Houndoom because it's half Dark type and I'm starting to like Dark type Pokemon as well as Ghost types. Besides it looks cooler than Typholosion even though I do love Typholision

:t354:TG

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
Years
I've never been a fan of the fire/dark types, though Typhlosion's (SP.)Attack Power(s) hold a worthy amount in comparison and avoids the weakness that dark types get from the more-frequent-than-psychic fighting types. That's just the strategic view. Really, Quiliva and Typhlosion are just favorites of mine while I always hated those Houndoor/Houndoom all those annoying evil people carried.

*Charizard*

Velocity
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2012
Typhlosion's attack is great and I've never been a fan of fire/dark types so definitely Typhlosion

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Both of them are good actually. It really depends on the trainer how he uses his pokemons(I read somewhere that someone defeated a rayquaza with a raichu!). On a personal level, I like typlosion much more than houndoom(Dark type,more weakness,Crummy defense). The decision ultimately lies on you that which one will you chose.

Ayselipera

It has a sp. attack of 110 which makes it great for moves like Dark Pulse and Flamethower. Still It has a defense of 50 which isn't great especially when your against a Fighting type. With all that said, I still think its better especially with the fact that its a part Dark type.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
Years
This was a very hard decision but I have to go with Typholosion just because of the epicness and awesomeness of it. I mean I still love Houndoom, but man..... Typholosion FTW

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Both of them are great, but since I have to choose, I would say Houndoom. I am a definite fan of dark types - they have always been on the top of my favorite type list, lol.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
im not much a houndoom fan so i never bothered to research it
but typhlosion was my first pokemon evar
and my favorite >:3

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
I like Typhlosion. Houndoom has pitiful defenses, and Typhlosion serves as a surprisingly good physical sweeper (if anyone wants a moveset for whatever reason, PM/VM me).

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Typhlosion is so freaking predictable. D;

go with heatran, you wont be disappointed

I kinda like Houndoom more for Counter or Reversal* use.

EDIT: I always get revenge and reversal mixed up, I swear. :|

Last edited:

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
Typhlosion is so freaking predictable. D;

go with heatran, you wont be disappointed

I kinda like Houndoom more for Counter or Revenge use.

I tried that once, but the only way that I could get him to survive long enough to actually be able to get an attack in was by lowering his speed and then either maxing out HP and Def or Sashing him, but I don't like things that are only meant to live for two turns.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
Typhlosion's always gonna win this poll because it's a starter, a Fire-type starter at that. Fire-type starters always pull in the fanboys.

Typhlosion > Houndoom:
-Better HP, defenses and Speed
-Eruption
-Blast Burn (if you want to be a total n00b)
-a (much) better movepool (though its attacking stats are lower than Houndoom's)
-No weakness to Fighting, or a neutrality to Bug
-Has the fire starter appeal

Houndoom > Typhlosion:
-Nasty Plot. That in itself makes Houndoom better, 110%.
-(much) Better ability in Flash Fire.
-Dual STAB.
-Better Attack and Special Attack
-You can catch more than one ingame
-Not all that difficult to obtain
-Utilizes its moves better

Houndoom wins solely on Nasty Plot. If not, it wins on Nasty Plot and Flash Fire.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Houndoom can definently win a battle against Typhlosion. Unless he does something stupid and makes himself lose. But if they had trainers it would depend on the trainers strategy.

Years
Typhlosion can pwn a Houndoom easily =) Earthquake and there you go...or you can actually plan, but I prefer just to go and battle. Besides, Typhlosion is my favorite Pokemon, so who else am I supposed to vote for? Haha.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Houndoom. Its got some strategic advantages and is the clost thing to a Fire/Dark/Poison type there is.

Back