• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why, My Anderson?...

Why are you still fighting?

• Total voters

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Why, Mr Anderson?...

Why do you do it? Why? Why get up? Why keep fighting?

Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know?

Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love?

Illusions, Mr Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love...

You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Interesting poll.

I don't think I've realized I was actually fighting for something until this thread. Where I am in this state in my life, I think I am fighting for peace because of family affairs. I think I'm losing.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I fight for 2 reasons, 1 which isn't on there, 1 that is.

I fight for knowledge. I have this kind of craving for knowledge, so I need to understand things.

I also fight for love.

Years
  • I fight to understand the qualities of human nature, and to be able to understand anyone.

Somewhat similar to Gregory House from HOUSEMD without the arrogance.

Enlightenment comes from knowledge, not from absence of want. sorry buddhists

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • The question is too hard for me to answer. I don't know why I do what I do. I doubt many people could say differently.

Back