• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to speak Pok?mon

Gengar003

Resident Poltergiest
Years
  • How to speak Pok?mon

Ooh, interesting title, huh? Made you click the link? GOOD!

I believe there should be a way for Pok?mon fans to speak to each other that no one else can understand, So I began creating a Pok?mon language, that can be written, spoken, read, and heard.

Tell me whatcha think:
    How to speak Pok?mon

^_^ Cool, no?

ALSO:

When typing the word "Pok?mon," ALWAYS capitalize the "P." It's not hard. So do it.

Also, by holding down "ALT" on your keyboard (PC users) and pressing 130 on the number pad (in that order, not all at once), you can generate the "?" Now you know how, so DO IT.

Thank you.
    [/random]

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Gengar003 said:

I believe there should be a way for Pok?mon fans to speak to each other that no one else can understand, So I began creating a Pok?mon language, that can be written, spoken, read, and heard.

Tell me whatcha think:
    How to speak Pok?mon

^_^ Cool, no?

ALSO:

When typing the word "Pok?mon," ALWAYS capitalize the "P." It's not hard. So do it.

Also, by holding down "ALT" on your keyboard (PC users) and pressing 130 on the number pad (in that order, not all at once), you can generate the "?" Now you know how, so DO IT.

Thank you.
    [/random]
    No offense, but...
    this is too difficult.

Gengar003

Resident Poltergiest
    Years
  • jynx said:
    No offense, but...
    this is too difficult.

The TAC "Speak Pok?mon" page said
    This is not a collection of phrases and what they mean. (I.e. - Pikaaachu? = How are you?) This is a GUIDE to a LANGUAGE complete with grammar rules, parts of speech, and a dictionary.

^_^

That's odd... It said the above was "too short" and advised me to "lengthen it to at least 25 characters"

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Well... according to the anime, when Pikachu says "Pikapi" it means Satoshi/Ash. Someone said that "Pikachupi' is Kasumi/Misty, but I'm not sure if this is fact or fan made-up.

Mew would be an easy language to leard ;)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Pikachu always says" Pipipi!" when looking for Togepi. Thought I'd add that.

Gengar003

Resident Poltergiest
    Years
  • @ Kairi: Thank you... I'll add "pipipi" as Togepi... Althought Pok?mon can't really name other species too well. Lucky Togepi. ^_^

@ Iveechan: Hm... Possibly... But that is probably just Pikachu. To refer to thier trainer, a Pok?mon would say

"Pi-ka-chu-chu" or
    "Por-ya-gon-gon" etc.
    (O-T-H-H) with no markings

@ Porygon: Okay.... ^_^;;

@ All: Okay, it would seem that there are a *few* words that are used consistently on the show.

My basis for the statement that it's made up is that:
    In the episode where the Pok?mon are alone, with no trainers to "translate" what they say, there are subtitles. Words and sounds don't match. "There" will be one thing, and then something else later.

It, theoretically, *could* be a complex conjugation system... But I doubt it.

^_^

~Gengar003

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Porygon said:
    Maybe it's true that there isn't any particular way to speak Pok?mon language.
    i think we should talk with Unowns

How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon

How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon
    How to speak Pok?mon

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Whoo, that's too complicated for my brain to process. @_@; You've got to be some kind of genius, Gengar003.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Gengar003 said:

Tell me whatcha think:
    How to speak Pok?mon

^_^ Cool, no?

ALSO:

Thank you.
    [/random]
    wow. that hurt my brain. oh, my IQ is about as much as Psyduck or Slopoke! :P

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Chaos said:
    wow. that hurt my brain. oh, my IQ is about as much as Psyduck or Slopoke! :P
    And he has a brain of an Alakazam!

Hey, does anyone know how much IQ does a Jynx has?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Porygon said:
    Probably about the same as the average person.

?or maybe a bit higher, because the average person that I've been seeing offline has the equivelant of about half a Slowpoke.
    Half a slowpoke?
    That's really low!

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • The ones that needs to go to special school?

==========get on topic!=========
    I suggest, that speaking with Unowns is a good idea.

Back