• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halt the anime!Animal Cruelty is promoted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You know how there's been cancelled episodes because of guns, cleavage, jynx etc??

How comes in Battle Frontier Ash beat a load of Beedrill with a stick????

This promotes animal cruelty!Someone should sue!

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • Your implying that Ash should do nothing and wait for him to get seriously injured?
    And really... sue a non-existing person? Are you serious?

Years
  • lol I'm thinking he's being just a tad sarcastic. Censorship is so silly. Although yes, I AM surprised nobody has said something about that, considering there are people who thought pokemon = satan back during the major fad years.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I think even PETA would laugh at this. And that is saying something.

Spoiler:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • I hate this idea. The fact that people think it encourages animal cruelty - seriously. That's why they're MONSTERS and not ANIMALS.
    They're supposed to fight, and besides, if there were some loser who likes to hurt animals, they'd be watching something besides Pokémon, of all shows..

You know how there's been cancelled episodes because of guns, cleavage, jynx etc??

Umm, yeah, we know. But what does this have to do with animal cruelty? Umm.. cleavage doesn't hurt animals at all.. unless you're that type of helpless perv.. but.. that never happened in the show. :/ The guns were not used on Pokémon. In fact, not on anyone. (But I think they shot and missed). But remember, these are adults who make this show, not little kids. There's going to be innuendo in it somewhere for the adults who watch it with their kids. The Jynx issue was suspition of Black Face. It's racist, and I see where they got that idea from. I don't belive it was actally made to mimic it, but we may never know. But really.. what does THAT have to do with animal cruelty?! The only time I remember them dealing with this is when someone ditched a charmander, and Ash knew it was wrong.. But.. that was totally against animal cruelty. i think there might be a moral in the episode...

How comes in Battle Frontier Ash beat a load of Beedrill with a stick????

Why else would he? They were attacking him. If dogs were biting at you and you were covered by them, and you had no other choice, you would have to hurt them and slow them down. Seriously. Humans are actually worth more than animals, but I'm not going to get religous with it.

EDIT:
    I find it very concerning that yet you are playing Pokémon games, and watching the show apparently, and yet, approving this idea.. Seriously...

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • I find it meaner that you use your wigglytuff as a punchingbag and enslave a whole "species". And by you i man collectively not singularly

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I couldnt help but guffaw at the OP. Seriously. So Ash is going to stand there just getting stung by bees who are potentially poisonous to die because he didnt want to be so cruel? BS if you ask me.

I find this whole issue WAY to exaggerated. This is why they are called pokeMON (MON MEANS MONSTER!!!!!) I mean sure they are based on real animals, but remember that some of these are actually kept as pets, and some of them are used for contests (although there is battling involved) meaning little to no "cruelty"

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    lol I'm thinking he's being just a tad sarcastic. Censorship is so silly. Although yes, I AM surprised nobody has said something about that, considering there are people who thought pokemon = satan back during the major fad years.

The only one who actually go it right. I am just being sarcastic.

And also seeing just what people would say

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Umm, yeah, we know. But what does this have to do with animal cruelty? Umm.. cleavage doesn't hurt animals at all.. unless you're that type of helpless perv.. but.. that never happened in the show. :/ The guns were not used on Pokémon. In fact, not on anyone. (But I think they shot and missed). But remember, these are adults who make this show, not little kids. There's going to be innuendo in it somewhere for the adults who watch it with their kids. The Jynx issue was suspition of Black Face. It's racist, and I see where they got that idea from. I don't belive it was actally made to mimic it, but we may never know. But really.. what does THAT have to do with animal cruelty?! The only time I remember them dealing with this is when someone ditched a charmander, and Ash knew it was wrong.. But.. that was totally against animal cruelty. i think there might be a moral in the episode...

I believe that in mentioning the other banned episodes, they were making the point that these episodes were banned but the animal cruelty wasn't. Making a comparison. Not saying that these had to do with animal cruelty.

Like...
    These epsiodes(Jynx etc) were banned for stuff like cleavage, so why wasn't this episode banned for promoting animal cruelty.

... I think. Please, someone tell me I'm right... *crosses fingers*

In keeping with what others have said, I don't think it's really animal cruelty. He was acting in self defence, just like anyone would if a load of dangerous creatures started attacking you... Right?

xX

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Common sense.

What are you gonna do if you've been attacked by wild animals, which in most cases are trying to KILL you. Will you just stare blanky at space, waiting for something to happen? No.

lol

It's the animals who is cruel to the humans(although we are animals).

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    lol next time you blabble on about random crap know what the hell your saying first and back it up with some tangible proof

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • ^ are you talking to me, or to the thread maker? Either way, you're being sarcastic. And look who's talking! Spammer.

I also think why they don't ban those "animal cruelty" episodes becasue they don't show censored or out age stuff. Like those cleavage or gun episodes(which depicts real violence). And they're essential to the show which shows battle of survival ans wits which young people(children) would watch and understand.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Seriously. Humans are actually worth more than animals, but I'm not going to get religous with it.
    That explains why animals came first and lived without humans for millions of years, huh? Also
    1) Animals vs. Humans isn't really religious.
    2) Religious is how you spell that.

As for the Satoshi beating Beedrill thing, I say: If you were being chased by a swarm of deadly, humongous bees with spears on its legs, wouldn't you fight back, too? If you didn't, you'd die. Survival, bud. It's all about survival.

The rest of the censoring really has nothing to do with animal cruelty. You didn't even mention the battles.​

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years

• That explains why animals came first and lived without humans for millions of years, huh? Also
    1) Animals vs. Humans isn't really religious.
    2) Religious is how you spell that.

As for the Satoshi beating Beedrill thing, I say: If you were being chased by a swarm of deadly, humongous bees with spears on its legs, wouldn't you fight back, too? If you didn't, you'd die. Survival, bud. It's all about survival.

The rest of the censoring really has nothing to do with animal cruelty. You didn't even mention the battles.​

Humans are animals, so there's no reason fighting over this.. especially because the person already said he/she was being sarcastic.. I know that I'm being contradictive, sorta.. and er, spelling isn't important over the internet. In my religon, they sorta are, so yeah.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • The only one who actually go it right. I am just being sarcastic.

And also seeing just what people would say
    They're STILL taking it seriously... lol.

I think even PETA would laugh at this. And that is saying something.

Spoiler:
    Well, I wont say I love you back, but thanks for the compliment.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm not sure if I should be laughing or calling names to the OP, so I'll just post a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head

Bunny_Pancake.jpg

Zomfg, animal cruelty. Pancakes are for people :( We should sue!

Years
  • er, spelling isn't important over the internet

Eet myt seam sew, buht ahvkores yoar thearii haz sum ihshoos.

Humans are animals, so there's no reason fighting over this.. especially because the person already said he/she was being sarcastic.. I know that I'm being contradictive, sorta.. and er, spelling isn't important over the internet. In my religon, they sorta are, so yeah.

You are not being sorta being contradictory, you are being contradictory. If humans are animals, you can't say that animals are not as important as humans. Apples, which are good, are fruits, but fruits are not as good as apples, therefore the apple; being a fruit, cannot be good. You mean to say that non-humanoid organisms are of lesser value because "they aren't as smart as us" or "they have no souls". Which is an entire discussion upon itself.

And anyways, Pokemon have always been held as being more than dumb animals (and certainly not monsters, even if they're named that) by at least the upstanding citizens in the world of Pokemon. Most seem to enjoy battling as humans enjoy fighting sports. Well actually, it's not even as gory as what humans do.
    For the example given, even if it is a joke: something attacks you, you attack it back. Or you get hurt. And we try our best not to do that.

Oh yeah. v They PRAY to Pokemon, surely they are not just monsters used for fighting.

Last edited:

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
  • Theyre poke=Pocket, mon=Monsters theyre supossed to fight, attack, faint, die, what ever, so what if theyre based of animals? Its not like theyre encouraging animal cruelty. And if somone trys to sue well... Theres 5% chance they win. Seeing how powerful gamefreak and nintendo are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back