• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle

Which do *YOU* perfer?.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
  • From the kanto region which of these three Pokemon do you perfer?.
    Charmander?- the fire type Pokemon
    Bulbasaur?- The grass type Pokemon.
    Squirtle?- The water type.

Ayselipera

I'm going to say Bulbasaur because I like all of its evolutions and I really like grass types in general.

I like them all though. :)

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Dunno.Hate all 3 of their types, however, i like:
    Charizard
    Squirtle
    Blastoise
    Bulbasaur
    Ivysaur
    my imaginary alternate Charizard (Fire/Dragon with levitate)

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I'm kind of indifferent to all of them, but I would have to go with Charmander. A lot of my friends are Charmander fans (and thus my vote is influenced), plus Charizard is part Flying-type. 8D Bulbasaur would probably come in second.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I can't decide :( When I was little I was obsessed with Charizard, now I love them all equally .~.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I can't decide. They are all great. My favorites are:

Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
  • Charmander has always been my favorite of the three :D however i really like Squitle's and Bulbasaur's evolutions

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Charmander. Always loved it, always will. Same with its evolved forms.

It's a bit different with the evolutions. While I'm not fond of Blastoise or Venusaur, I love their 2rd forms. I love Ivysaur and Wartortle more than their evolved forms or pre-evolved forms. I like them on about the same level as the Charmander line.

I guess it's because I usually prefer speedy Pokemon. Blastoise and Venusaur seem so... clumsy because they're so huge. It's not like Blastoise and Venusaur are slow, they just look like it.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • ... Can I say all of them?

I suppose based on the first forms alone... Bulbasaur. But with evolutions, they all even out in my mind.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I love all three. They are by far the best three starters made. I'm going to go with Charmander because it was my favourite Pokémon when I first got the game in 1999. I love Squirtle and Bulbasaur too though. I'm not crazy on Charizard. Blastoise is the best final form and Ivysaur is the best second form, in my opinion. I love Bulbasaur's HeartGold/SoulSilver sprite.

WaterSplash

Common
    Years
  • Have to go with Bulbasaur on this one. Even though I'm a huge fan of Water-type Pokemon, Squirtle is the only Kanto starter to never gain a secondary type in its lifetime (Bulbasaur is Grass/Poison the whole time and Charizard has Flying-type as a secondary). Plus Bulbasaur is the only starter Pokemon who has never had a stupid pose in a Pokemon game, imo.

Erudition

I'm not an angel, I'm a doctor
    Years
  • When I started playing Red, Blue, and Yellow... I was like eight and I remember that for some reason I could never get past that one trainer who you had to fight after cutting that tree that leads up to the Power Plant and that cave without a Charmander xD

I also personally never liked Bulbasaur's half poison type >.< Made it weak against Sabrina...

Squirtle is okay, but Charmander is just too nostalgic.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I like both Charmander and Squirtle, but I'm more keen on using Squirtle and its family instead. :D

Can't say much on Bulbasaur. I just prefer using the above two.

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
  • Bulbasaur prolly.

Actually of the three, I like squirtle the best, but Ivysaur's one of my all-time favorites.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I prefer charmander than the rest because it has a better taste and it can learn better moves. xD

Back