• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle

Which do *YOU* perfer?.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jemzx

Guardian Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    charmander all the way... evolution chain of awesomeness...

I remember in the old red version, I choose charmander, and when it evolved to charmeleon it turned like a *****, he would sleep in battle by himself xD... good 90 times...

Esmas

General
    Years
  • My favourite out of the three original starters would have to be Squirtle. Because the Squirtle Squad is win. And Wartortle and Blastoise are also win.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Bulbasaur, without a shadow of a doubt. It rules UU right now, and since none of them can even hope to compete in OU...yeah.

Charizard sucks; Stealth Rock owns the crap out of it lmfao.

Blastoise...is too generic. Its stats are poorly distributed for a starter. Its movepool is decent at best, but it needs a Hidden Power to deal with other Water-types...

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Hm...
    I've always chosen Squirtle, because it's easy to get through Fr/LG with it..
    Bubasaur is OK, kinda in the middle...
    I'm not good with Charmander AT ALL. I have no clue why, it's just impossible for me to go through a game with Charmander.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • My favorite Starter Pokemon from the Kanto region was Charmander. Because of its later evolutions, I would always pick the same Starter over and over again. :P

Bulbasaur and Squirtle would have to wait till I find another game to trade it over.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • For most of my life, my answer to the question would be Charmander. I always thought it and its evolutions were the coolest things. However, my answer would have to be Bulbasaur now. I liked how it was disliked by all of my friends and I wanted to stray away from all of the Charmander lovers.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I was always a lover of the 'Fire-Starters Saga' and always picked the fire starter in all my Pokemon games except for challenges . You might have already guess but ,... yeah it's Charmander (CHARIZARD and BLAZIKEN will kick your a**es !) .

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
  • The fire type for kanto is the superior choice. And by the first gym, with the assistance of metal claw, your type is no longer an early disadvantage.

Jenayru

X3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    I used to prefer Charmander, but then I trained a Bulbasaur and realized I liked it too. And soon Squritle had grown on me...I guess I like them all!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I choose Charmander, because even though he's hard to work with at first, it ends up being worth it in the end, becoming a powerful, awe-inspiring Charizard. >:D

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I have no idea ;__;

I like all of them. Kinda prefer Squirtle more than the others, but the love is the same x)

I choose Squirtle. I like his evo line better, in looks, and idea. I like the Squirtle Squad as well. The back story of Squirtle is the most interesting as well. I also found him the easiest to beat the games with. Charmander made it too hard to pass the first gym, and Bulbasaur is crap. Squirtle had one hard gym for me, Surge. There's a billion more reasons I prefer squirtle more.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I like fire types the most. Thus, for obvious reasons, I prefer Charmander. xD;

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well I like charmander, but really I actually..... ... ..... nope I like them equally.
    Loove thier final evolutions! Blastoise! Charizard! Venusaur!

Back