• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: New Forum Suggestion

Is this a good or bad idea

• Good

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
When I joined pokecommunity I was creating a region and planned to develop it and write the story and such here but there was no place to do so. so I think there should be a forum in creative disscusion for this. Pixel Art comes close to it but thats for pixel art, not storys and character bios and what not. Game Development's "Drawing Board" is also close but is only for people who have the intention of making a game. So there isn't really a place to do this, and I think there should be. The only problem with this might be lack of interest, or lack of mods, but I think it could attract a crowd of people.

Please provide feedback

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
As far as I can tell, this would fall under the banner of the Pokemon Fanfiction section. Visual aids aside, it is essentially just an elaborate fanfiction. If you plan to make a ROMhack with this region and storyline, I may direct you to the emulation areas of the board...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Eh, depends how, I'll say. Some fics did post sprites in their chapters, but readers said that it was kind of annoying to be reading, and suddenly have a sprite pop out unexpectedly.

I'd say that the best way to showcase your sprites and get opinions on them is to post a thread in whatever art forum it would fit under, and perhaps link to the thread in your fanfic. Or just have separate links at the end of each chapter so people can see the Pokemon. Since in fanfiction, you're supposed to try and describe your fanmade Pokemon/towns/region with words instead of relying on pictures.

Back