• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sneak-a-Peek at Yomama's Mega Flea Market! Ideas welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
  • My 11 Pokemon Up For Trade
    Offering:

Lvl 100 Noctowl
    Lvl 100 Crobat
    Lvl 100 Vigoroth
    Lvl 32 Japanese Prinplup
    Lvl 48 Dustox
    Lvl 57 Crobat
    Lvl 20 Spiritomb
    Lvl 1 Croagunk
    Lvl 100 Hypno
    Lvl 100 Spiritomb
    Lvl 100 Armaldo (11 just to please you picky mods out there :P)

On a side note, please look below for some info on my upcoming Flea Market trade thread. :)

Hello everyone. :) If you recall, there was a trade thread on here about a week ago titled "Yomama's Mega Flea Market". Well, I'd personally say it had a revolutionary design, and I've had no less than 30 people tell me it is the best looking thread they've seen on PC. Well, I'm a perfectionist. This thread was nowhere near perfect whatsoever. But... what if it was perfect? What if it was actually improved a LOT from what it was before.. supposedly the best thread to 30+ frequent PC users? It's my current project. I am nearly finished completing both of my online high school classes, and I've already completed a few of the freelancing projects I was working on before.

Now, what's the point of this thread? Well, it's basically to get ideas and suggestions for my upcoming new trade thread. Please have a look at the below PM I have sent to a few select people already:

---

Hello there. :) You're getting this PM because either..

a) You posted in my trade thread and seemed like a positive person
    b) You expressed interest in my trade thread
    c) You're a good friend and I'd like your opinion

If you think I've sent this to you by mistake.. read it anyway. :P

~~~

Alright, I am in the process of rebuilding my trade thread, as I posted. I am perfecting it, and I think I've improved on it a good bit. Have a look at some features and their explanations below. Keep in mind that I'm sending this message because I want ideas and/or opinions from you. I want to know what you think I could add to this thread to make it better. Read on!

New Pokemon Layout
    I have updated the way the Pokemon will be displayed in the thread. It's very simple, and I can give as much info as I want instead of just 4 or 5 lines. Here's a screenshot:

2j2dn4g.jpg

And here is a working example:

140.png
    [No. 140]
    Shiny Kabuto
    Level 1 Male
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Battle Armor
    IV's: Unknown
    EV's: 0/0/0/0/0/0
    Stats:
    11/6/6/6/5/6
    ~MoveSet~
    -Scratch
    -Harden
    -Mud Shot
    OT: Branden
    ID No.: 24968

I just think it flows better. And now, instead of just getting 4 lines of info on the Pokemon and having to ask me for all of the rest, you can see all of the info simply by scrolling down. Also, it's not as cramped as it used to be - now it's only 4 Pokemon to a row instead of 5, so everything is very simple to read, especially with the font I have added to it.

Item Stock
    I have figured that no one cares how many Fire Stones I have. They just care if I have them readily available or not. So, instead of putting specific item counts, I will be putting "In Stock: YES/NO" instead. For one, this saves me a good bit of time, and two, it adds more color to the thread. ;) Here's a screenshot:

2v3sefk.jpg

And here's a working example:

Shards

[alink id=top]Back to Top[/alink id]
    You can use these Shards for various things, including getting many berries on HeartGold and SoulSilver!

blue-shard.png

Blue Shard
    In Stock: YES
    green-shard.png

Green Shard
    red-shard.png

Red Shard
    yellow-shard.png

Yellow Shard
    In Stock: NO

There are 2 main points of making this change: 1) Saving me some time and 2) Making the thread just a bit more colorful.

Classifieds
    You saw how popular my thread was within the first few days. So now I'm going to let people profit off that. I'm not exactly sure how I'll make the pricing (probably a Shiny or something), but this will give people the opportunity to have their words, links, etc. viewed by thousands of people. :)

Thread Designer
    You have no idea how many people came to me asking for me to design their thread for them. It was PAINSTAKING. So, I'm in the process of making a program that will take you through steps in order to design your own trade thread automatically! This will be available for download (for free!) in its own section with instructions on my trade thread.

Trade-Back Rewards
    I tried this before but never really stood beside it. Basically, any time anyone trades with me, I will add points to their "rewards card". Everyone's point counts will be displayed on the thread. I may allow people to transfer their points to other users, but I'm not sure. These points can be redeemed for various things in my trade thread.

My Partner
    This isn't really an idea, I just thought I'd announce it. :P A good real-life friend of mine (Hunterwould on these forums) will be helping me in RNG'ing a ton of Pokemon for my thread. I've taught him how, and we're both going to be grinding to get as many shinies as possible for the thread. Send him a message and welcome him. :)

Shops of the Flea Market
    Here's another opportunity for people to get their words out there.. except this is getting their shop out there. For a price (probably a Shiny or something like with the Classifieds), I will allow people to list their own Pokemon for trade in my trade thread, and I will notify them when someone is interested in their Pokemon.

Complete
    My old trade thread was kind of on-the-spot.. well, completely on-the-spot. However, I've been developing this updated version for a good while now, and I'm actually taking the time to perfect everything. There won't be any incomplete sections or anything on the new thread.

So that's about it I believe.. there's more, obviusly, but those are the main points.

Now, the point of this PM. I need your thoughts, opinions, and ideas! If you don't like one of the above features, tell me! If you think something should be added, tell me! I'm trying to make this thread perfect for public opinion. If I do use one of your ideas, you'll be included in a top-section in the Credits. (the Credits are now going to be at the top of the thread instead of the bottom) In addition, you can have a free classified ad up at the top with whatever you want in it!

I look forward to hearing what you all think.. get back to me soon! :D

---

That outlines a good bit of features in the new thread. Not all, obviously, but some of them.

So basically, I want to know what you want in a trade thread and what you don't want in a trade thread. What makes a thread good to you? If I use your suggestion, then I will include a portion at the top of my trade thread just for you and whatever you want there! Keep in mind the thousands of people that will see this thread.

Last edited:

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • i like the spirittomb and the dustnox, but they don't interest me that much. You look like a top trainer, so I'm wondering if you have any legendaries up for trade and I would definitely like to make a deal.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • @AssumingRain - That's not nearly my entire stock mate ;) When the finished product of my thread is put out, you will be able to choose between a few hundred shinies, legendaries, events, and more.

@coots - Thanks!! :D Do you have any ideas? :)

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • @AssumingRain - That's not nearly my entire stock mate ;) When the finished product of my thread is put out, you will be able to choose between a few hundred shinies, legendaries, events, and more.

@coots - Thanks!! :D Do you have any ideas? :)

I could tell lol, thats why I asked if you had any better ones. The project you mentioned about the online GTS is going to be amazing if it catches on. I cannot wait when your next thread pops up. When do you think it'll be ready?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I do like the idea of this layout, but I'm not a big fan on the whole black thing, and the font seems a bit crowded (I'm like, a total graphic geek person xD). Maybe make the font smaller and use simple graphics for titles that can help compliment the layout.

I'd be happy to help you with that.

Also, I'm interested in the Level 100 Hypno.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • @AssumingRain - Thanks! Uhhmm.. I'm not exactly sure when it will be done, but I hope to have it completed as soon as possible. :)

@Alternative - Sorry it doesn't really appeal to you :( Obviously, with only CSS, I can only make one design for the thread, and therefore can unfortunately not appeal to every single person. What exactly do you mean about the graphics for the titles? Could you elaborate? :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • @Alternative - Sorry it doesn't really appeal to you :( Obviously, with only CSS, I can only make one design for the thread, and therefore can unfortunately not appeal to every single person. What exactly do you mean about the graphics for the titles? Could you elaborate? :)
    Well what I mean is, instead of using the default text options on here, you could use something like photoshop to make something a little more appealing. For example, use this as a title:

Untitled-2.png

And this sort of thing for sub titles, such as shinies, EV'd etc.

header3.png

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Interested with the pokemall, i'll be happy to join that,
    im also interested in the UBERzzz lv 1 croagunk, since i dont have 2 ds's i cant get one from my diamond, do you happen to have an adamant one? :D

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • @Alternative - lol I'm working on that mate. Right now I'm mainly focused on getting the main banner finished.

@I Tried Voodoo Once - Awesome. :) I'll put more details as soon as it starts being developed. As for the Croagunk, I don't believe it's Adamant.. I have my HG on right now waiting for Yellow Forest. ;P

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • I'm having the banner developed as we speak. :) Have a looksie below. It's not nearly complete yet - the color is going to be a bit different, and there's going to be a good bit of animation to it as well.

2dvvsw3.jpg

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Grrrr I just realized there's a character limit of 50,000 on your posts. >.> So, the thread is going to have to take about 4 or 5 posts, which I didn't want to happen. T.T Oh well though. Still as enthused as ever. :D I've even added a ton of sections since posting this thread.. PM me if you have any kind of suggestions! Remember, if I use your suggestion you'll have a section to yourself in my thread, and I'd even be willing to trade you some Pokemon as well. ^_^

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • I still like the idea though. I'm interested in the armaldo and the lvl 100 spiritomb, but definitely the armaldo lol. I know the only reason you did that is so you can bypass the rules, but please help me out. I want that Armaldo. The spiritomb is just an extra touch.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • @AssumingRain - If you PM me we can work out a trade. :)

@Everyone Else - I'm about 20% done with the entire shop! The banner was just completely finished! Here's a preview of it. (watermarked for safety :P)

v4tq1i.gif

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Im liking it, the banner looks awesome!!!! I can not wait to trade with you in your shop

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • How about.... Less brainstorming, banner commenting, feedback giving, wishful thinking, etc and more trading? o_o

I like the idea, the services are okay, but I hardly see any trading being conducted here. Some of these posts are borderline off-topic/spam.

"I know the only reason you did that is so you can bypass the rules...." -sobs-

You can always advertise in your signature something like "PM me ideas for my Trade Thread!" instead of having a Thread for discussion. Or, use the Trade Daily Chit Chat to discuss what makes an effective Trade Shop. Thanks. ^^

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • Hey, it's a great post, and he is trading. In fact, me and him are about to trade now. You don't have to be so uptight. And yes, I'll PM you now for the trade. I cannot wait for this to be finished, and the banner looks great!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back