• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey look! It's that...

Are you a geek or a nerd?

• Nerd

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Geek

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Eldrei

Banned
Years
  • Hai PC. What are you a nerd or a geek?

I'm a geek. I spend much time in technology than my gf. Also I don't wear big glasses.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I'm not sure of the difference..... But I'm probably one of them, a while back one of my friends said his headphones don't work, and that he didn't know why. But then he looked at me and said: "But I'm sure SIN has a 10 minute long explanation about why."

And then I realized that I really like explaining how things work to people, and I can kind of go on and on with it sometimes.....

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • One question: What's the difference between a nerd and a geek?
    I'd say I'm a Nerd because of my love and fandom for technological enhancements like computers and games etc. I also like homework to get top grades so yeah I must be a nerd then.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Nerds are persons obsessed with something, doesn't have to be technological or 'sciency', could even be flower arranging if you're that into it.
    Geeks are the stereotypical bespectacled smart persons from American high school movies, well into computers and physics... usually similar enough to a nerd that the words are interchangeable with no ill consequence anyway.

I'm not either, but I thought I'd make an effort to explain the difference between the two demographs, assuming there even is one.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I am most definitely a Geek, going by Cassino's definitions, although I do have a tendency to get fixated on things easily. >: But yes, I wear glasses, I obsess over the internet and video games, and I have very few interpersonal relationships IRL, oops. x] But when I obsess over something, man, do I obsess over it. XD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • To be honest, I'm neither. I'm me and the one rule I follow is that I don't label myself as anything. That's just how I am.

Years
  • I wouldn't say I would class myself as some form of stereotype; never liked the idea of it.

I like Anime, Manga, Games, Music, Going out, Getting Drunk, Going to Gigs.
    Doesn't really fall into a category really.

Unless, you could say I am a very outgoing, metal-head geek. XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • According to Cassino's definitions, I have tendencies of both. I'm a very academic Engineering major, I wear glasses, and I go through cyclic obsessions with particular video games or movies. :P

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I think the difference is that a nerd isn't necessarily limited to technology but intellectual pursuits in general, while a geek is the same thing, except revolving around technology.

I'm both. =3 More geek though.

Ayselipera

Well based on Cassino's definitions I would say I'm neither since neither of those apply to me. If I have to pick one though I'd say I'm a nerd. I think I'm more likely to have an obsession with something then to be amazingly smart.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    According to Cassino's definitions, I have tendencies of both. I'm a very academic Engineering major, I wear glasses, and I go through cyclic obsessions with particular video games or movies. :P

Subtract the glasses, and add the fact that I only intend to become an engineering major.

I feel more like a geek, but I have otaku-esque tendencies as well.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Subtract the glasses, and add the fact that I only intend to become an engineering major.

I feel more like a geek, but I have otaku-esque tendencies as well.

I think being an otaku is a geek trait too anyway. xD

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Nerds are persons obsessed with something, doesn't have to be technological or 'sciency', could even be flower arranging if you're that into it.
    Geeks are the stereotypical bespectacled smart persons from American high school movies, well into computers and physics... usually similar enough to a nerd that the words are interchangeable with no ill consequence anyway.

I'm not either, but I thought I'd make an effort to explain the difference between the two demographs, assuming there even is one.

In that case, I would be classified as a nerd. I'm obsessed with Bleach. <3 That and a few other things which cannot be mentioned in a G-rated forum. >:3

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    All I can say is I do what I love and pretty silly to label my self for doing that. I am who I am so yeah...can't really vote here.

Years
  • I'm not overly tech savvy, nor do I wear glasses, nor am I obsessed with anything in particular, but I do watch the occasional anime, have interests in history and language, and would rather go to a museum than a big party so...

Spoiler:

Back