• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket..........still entertaining or annoying?

Should the anime keep Team Rocket?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    Ok honestly i've seen every pokemon episode from beginning to end (cause i've been watching it for like 8 years now), and I love all the seasons, but the thing I don't like about the new ones is mainly Team Rocket. Now it's kinda being overused doing the same thing over and over again. I really hope when generation 5 comes along they will go away. Honestly I would like any of the following to happen:

1. They are able to steal someone's pokemon a distance away from the trainers and they realise they should leave Ash alone then they win for once and go away. Then either the bad guys will be a little different, no evil team attacking them, Team Galactic/Team Magma/Team Aqua chases them instead, or Butch and Cassidy

2. They actually invent something unbeatable and actually win

3. they catch a really strong pokemon by luck and actually kicks butt.

idk something. It's just like hearing the same knock knock joke every day for 10 years. It really gets boring by then.

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
  • Good, I'm not the only one who's sick of them. >__> A part of me thinks it won't happen, but they have GOT to go.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • I like them. Granted, they aren't tough, but they are vital comic relief. The show just wouldn't feel the same without them.

The Jolly Roger

Black Market
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Hmm. If they removed Team Rocket, then the show truly is dead.

But wow, they need the old voice actors, the new ones are terrible. [IMO]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have to agree, I'd like to see more Butch and Cassidy than Jessie and James. To be honest it's getting a bit annoying having to see them fail in every single episode.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
  • I never get tired of reciting the Team Rocket motto and joining in with 'TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Granted, I only watch the serieses with Misty.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Well the show is aimed towards children...many whom out grow pokemon once they get older and more mature. for the rest of us who continue to watch pokemon - team rocket does get old. I guess we will just have to live with it

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    The first season they were good.
    Second season they were okay.
    Third season they were just plain stupid.
    And now its just plain annoying.

HOW HARD IS IT TO TAKE A MOUSE!? lol xD

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
    Years
  • I find Team Rocket to be hit and miss. There is the odd moment you can give a little chuckle. But more often than not, they fail badly. (In more ways than one)

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    Ok yes they were funny and intresting. But for them to do the same old crap for 12 years is ridiclous. At least switch it up or do something idfferent but 12 years isn't cool. It's be like that annoying kid who says the same old knock knock joke every single day. By around 30 times you just want to strangle that kid lol

Years
  • I have to say, they were extremely entertaining about 2-3 episodes then it died off. I liked episode 1 the most, no Team Rocket to be seen. And in episode 2 they gave feeling that they are accually evil, but after that it went to hell. -.-

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If only they knew Giovanni doesn't care anymore.... *sigh*

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • They have had some classic moments, still find them funny. I guess i like predictability LOL

Strangely enough i quite like their newer voice actors, especially James

Along with his obvious sexual ambiguity he's always funny.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love Team Rocket, but at the same time I wish the anime would move on, and get new villians. Who are actually villians, and not just comedic relief. Or they could at least give Jessie and James some new uniforms. They stay the same, while Ash and the rest of the main cast at least under go some changes. D;

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    theyve gotta go, its the same old tired played out joke replayed EVERY SINGLE EPISODE almost, its pathetic, and anyone who still laughs at the same joke over& over needs a better sense of humor no offense ^^"

they need to go

or change and be good guys after all their better as good guys than villains

or be replaced

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • I think they became a bit gimmicky, like a really bad joke. It's a shame because as individuals they're probably my favourite characters :( But they're just used to play down a few cheap laughs from slapstick humour, rather than actually being villains, more like jesters.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • What are you guys talking about? Jesse and James are the main characters of the show, they have so much more depth and personality than Ash and Brock. Sure, they may be repetitve, but the episodes about their character development have been traditionally some of the best episodes of the show. Pokemon without them just wouldn't be Pokemon.

Back