• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokémovie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • After finally catching up to tv on the main show (it took a year to watch every season!) i've started to have a bit of a movie marathon. I have had a look around and haven't really seen too many threads about the films so sorry if i missed it.

Anyway i'm sure most of you remember hassling your parents to take you for weeks and being super excited when "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" hit our cinemas back in 1999 (seriously that long ago), well this thread is to discuss your favourite movies and moments from the Pokémon film series.

I've just finished watching "Jirachi Wish Maker" which i thought was ok but my favourite so far has to be "Latios and Latias". I always thought (watching the show as an 18 yearold Ash's first real romantic experience would be with a Pokemon) and that (probably) turned out to be so.

I also really liked the first one when it came out but that was just because of the whole atmosphere about my school (And the Awesome promo Dragonite card) as after re-watching it seemed a bit drab (apart from the end)

Over to you forum.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I remember my friend had grandparents who lived up in a valley. Me and my friend used to go and play in the river they lived near, and right after we would go watch the first Pokemon movie, then Pokemon 2000. To this day, me and my friend still play Pokemon, we are not as hardcore as we used to be, but when we play it, we know what we are doing. So that was my favorite Pokemon movie.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm an animation quality junkie, so the DP ones are around my top league. Rise of Darkrai for the soundtrack and plot, Sky Warrior for epicness, Jewel of Life for plain having god.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I have a couple based on different qualities:

First Movie: because it was and still is epic.

Heroes: mostly because it was where they really started to incorporate real world scenery details. Plot was ok, but the cinematic details are amazing.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew: Great plot line, exceptional scenery, ties in with the first movie, and the whole "Sir Aaron" and medieval theme was sweet. Lucario was awesome as well.

Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: plot was good, scenery was sweet, different music that goes well with the water theme, and the opening scene with the water show was great.

Giratina and the Sky Warrior: scenery and plot

Years
  • I absolutely love the first two movies but out of the two of them, I love Pokemon: The Movie 2000 the best because of its plot and I just loved that movie as a kid. Still, I do have to admit that I still tear up when Ash sacrifices himself in the first movie. Anyway, I also like Lucario and the Mystery of Mew 'cause of the storyline and it was an overall good movie. Plus, we had the introduction of Sir Aaron and Lucario, who is one of my favorite Pokemon to date.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Favorite movies eh?

1. Pokemon movie 2000: Ignoring all the Pokeshipping hints, its my favorite. I love films that have Ash front and centure, him saving the world was fun. I loved Ash and Team Rocket working together as well and the the villain being a human was new and intresting. The music and animation I liked as well.

2. Movie 5: I liked Ash and that one Pokemon's relationship, it was sooo cute, forgive me I can't remember the Pokemon's name. I loved the music and animation a lot here, different but nice. Very cool new Team Rocket team. Some very good action scenes too, such as when they were locking up the town and Ash had to escape, that was an awesome scene.

3. Movie 12: I loved every thing about this one, animation and Ash being more front and centure once again.

4. Movie 3: I gotta admit, I did like seeing the team work together like that and the ending was pretty wicked. I once again loved the music. The little girl was adorable, her relationship with Ash was sweet.

5. Movie 8: Good storyline, good music, Ash always has great relationships with Pokemon, good action. One of my favorite AG movies.

6. Movie 9: I liked the ending the best, loved seeing Ash save that under water city like that how awesome. Music and animation great again.

7. Movie 11: I loved the love/hate relationship between Ash and that legandary Pokemon, it was fun :P

8. Movie 6: Ash and Max bonding was adorable. I always was fond of there relationship, kind of like a brother type. Ash was very trusting of Max too and protective at the same time, seriously how awesome of a guy is Ash?

9. Movie 10: AshxDawn working as a team through out, catching each other helping save the world. As a Pearlshipper this made me happy.

10. Movie 7: Probaly my least favorite of the bunch, the storyline bored me to tears. Little action too, however I loved seeing how Ash hanndled the situation he was so brave. And his relationship with that kid was cute. Only things that had me liking the film.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    So far so good. I like the Rise of Darkrai especially it's soundtrack. <3 ~

CafekkoGira~

Supreme King of Reverse World
    Years
  • Sky Warrior for Zero Zero Zero Zero. Also, I agree with AK47 the DP movies, in terms of animation, have been simplu UBER. The opening to the Jewel of Life made me cry ;-; wahahha, I'm so MANRY...

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Pokemon:Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
    cause,to me it had a very good story.
    and because the awesomeness that is Lucario was in there.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Rise of Darkrai has Cherrim dancing in the trees. It wins by default. n_n

...but seriously, I think my favourite movie is either the Lucario movie (because I thought it was excellent) or Pokémon 2000 (moreso for nostalgia and the beautiful score).

But the Arceus movie also gets major points if only because so many inside jokes came from it when I watched it with friends at a con. :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • First Movie. I love the song near then end.
    2nd wa probably Temple of the Sea and Lucario Mystery of Mew because May being in a Bikini.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Lol... of course the first movie is my favorite... just look at my signature. Making a game of it for 2 years now and all...

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't see how any of the newer ones can top good old Mewtwo Strikes Back. I mean, that one was more than just some random anime movie floating around on the internet, it was a phenomenon. I was in first grade when it came out, and everyone in my class was talking about it. As soon as that movie came out, Mew and Mewtwo were immediately recognized by all the kids as the coolest Pokemon ever. And it wasn't just because they were on the poster, they were quite the spectacle to see on the big screen. They were simply more fascinating in nature than any of the other Pokemon. You had Mew with this perpetual aura of mystery, and Mewtwo with the interesting scientific background and the perfect anti-hero flavor.

In all fairness I either haven't seen/don't remember many of the movies beyond the first two, but the first one definitely made more good memories for more kids (in the United States, anyway) than any of the other Pokemon movies combined.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back