• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monochromatic Stains OOC + Sign-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
  • This is the thread for OOC discussion and Sign-Up applications.
    SU's will continue to be open, due to the nature of the storyline they will not close.

For RP posts: here.

Monochromatic Stains [PG+15]

"No one can force you to do anything; the choice is yours."

Introduction:

This Role-Play is a beta of sorts to see how well a Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game-like Role-Play is received, to identify possible areas that need improving or fixing, and most importantly to see if it can work. Some things are bound to not work and/or changes in both major and minor ways, but such as betas are. Without further ado, I present to you: Monochromatic Stains. Enjoy.

Plot:
    Spoiler:

Sign-Up:

>Name: [First, middle then last name.]
    >Age: [Anything goes just as long as it is suitable]
    >Gender: [Male/Female]
    > Appearance:
    - Physical: 1+ paragraph [What their basic features are: hair, weight, height, ethnicity, etc.]
    - Clothing: 1+ paragraph [What do they wear on most occasions?]
    >Personality: 2+ paragraphs [How they act, what they are like, etc.]
    >History: 2+ paragraphs [What has happened in your life up until now?]
    >Superpower: 1+ paragraph [Everybody is different. Also please explain how your power works and only one power per character.]
    > Quote: [What is your characters favorite saying/quote?]
    > Theme Song: [What song best represents your character and his/her superpower?]
    >RP Sample: [Anything goes; I just want to see your skills.]

Note: Reservations will be up for a week unless an extension has been asked for.

Rules:

>All Pokecommunity rules apply to this RP.
    >Being active is a big part of it; no activity = dead RP.
    >Following of the previous rule, if you are away for more than a week without notifying me, then your reservation and/or part in the RP will be dropped.
    >Descriptive passages makes for better reading. This includes length; nothing is too long.
    >Proper structure is a must; again it makes for better reading.
    >Bunnying is not permitted unless the other person has agreed and I am notified.
    >Remember this is my RP, if you are inactive without reason for a long period of time, you will be booted out. The same goes for disregarding of the rules.
    >I am doing this RP for fun, so have a bit. (or else. Just kidding.)
    >The idea of this is to give some freedom to RPers: use it but don't abuse it.

Accepted People:

>雷影 イチロ as:
    Dante James Marrow - Bone Manipulation
    Paige Alicia Marrow - Wind Manipulation

>Castiel as:
    Ellie Rose Parker - Water Manipulation w/Cryokinesis
    Aaron Charles Bishop - Technopathy

>GrifSpark as:
    Thale Edwards - Electrical Manipulation
    Sgt. Colin Murdoch - Super Strength

>MichaelaTheUchiha as:
    Miharu Marakot Mizushima - Shadow/Light Manipulation

>Raikiri as:
    Lyle Dunne Murphy - Earth Manipulation
    Neil Patrick Murphy - Shape Shifting

>Tuxedo Clank as:
    Mathew John Edwards - Teleportation
    Ghost - Invisibility

Reserved People/Powers:

>Akita as:
    Billie Carolina - Animation

>Narcissus Secret as:
    Evan Indigo Graves - Sonic Manipulation

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    I would like to reserve a spot; my character's name is Christopher Detroit Williams, who is able to use a random power at a given time.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Accepted people now here due to first post jamming.
    Accepted Applicants:

雷影 イチロ as:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Draginja as:
    Spoiler:

GrifSpark as:
    Spoiler:

Watts as:
    Spoiler:

Tuxedo Clank as:
    Spoiler:

MancerNecro as:
    Spoiler:

Castiel as:
    Spoiler:

Akita as:
    Spoiler:

[/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Hey there, everyone. I'd like to reserve a spot, please and thank you!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    Okay, then, I choose... Conceptual Manifestation. If that's too strong, then I'll just go with Psychic Weaponry or control of either Light or Gravity. Argh, so many decisions!

Last edited:

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • :D OCC Threads up I see.

I'm sort of half-ish way through my SU, so it should be up today.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Okay, I dont have time to read SU's at the moment but I just noticed something I should have put down (that I will edit later) you can only have one superpower per character.

EDIT: @Watta, can you please explain to be this
    'Conceptual Manifestation'?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    Conceptual Manifestation is where one is able to create physical objects using their minds, sort of like if you could make things in your imagination real. May be too powerful.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • It may be too powerful but I will allow you to have it just to see if it is too powerful.

@Draginja:
    Just a couple of little things to touch up on.
    1) Since your character is 24, she should have quite a bit of history, could you please make it a bit longer.
    2) I need more explaination on your superpowers, mostly on how she has increased strangth and jumping ability. (take them out if they are not related to her powers please.)
    3) Your RP sample is alright, it needs some structuring and maybe a little bit more detail.
    Look at Grifsparks SU, that is pretty good.
    but overall, its is good.

@Grifspark
    The SU is great although im not too sure about this 'God Mode' buisness which ill keep a close eye on. Everything is good, just waiting on your RP sample to finalise the SU.

On a side not I will be reserving Bone Manipulation.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    ooh :3 though I have my own power RP in the works, I'm rather interested in yours~ I hope that didn't sound like advertising XDDD

Can't do a SU right now, but can you reserve me for terrakinesis? It's power over like, rocks and dirt and the earth and such. Though if you think that's too strong for some reason, could I have technopathy- the control/manipulation of machines?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    Name:
    Christopher Detroit Williams, or, "Sketch", as some call him.
    Appearance:
    Christopher is somewhat short at 4'6", or at least for a ten year-old. He has brown/blond hair (it changes depending on the sunlight) that is long in the front bangs. His fingers are rather long and delicate; they have become such from his constant drawing. Chris also is rather weak, unfortunately.

"Sketch" wears long, camouflage, baggy shorts that go down to his knees. His shirt is also baggy, but not as much. It has a unique and abstract design of swirls, loops and curves that are filled in in-between the lines. He wears shin-high socks and tennis-shoes, along with black-and-white fingerless gloves. He also wears a long, green flowing cape for reasons unknown.
    Personality:
    Chris is a very social person; he very much enjoys being with others who appreciate him and his interests. When he is alone, he becomes rather depressed, having depended on his friends for so long a time that he has no idea what to do on his own (
    of course, his friends also depend on him). "Sketch" also tends to have hyperactive tendencies, such as constantly twiddling his thumbs when not having anything else to do.

Christopher's main hobby is definitely drawing, which you can probably tell from his nickname. When he is bored, Sketch simply takes out his trusty notepad and pencil, and creates whatever he feels like at the time. He gets frustrated when he can't think of anything to draw or write about, which often leads to (rather immaturely) pouting.
    History:
    As a young child, Chris had an average life. When he was eight years old, however, Christopher was sitting under a rather tall tree whilst inking a sketch. Suddenly, an apple fell off of the tree, and a good forty feet down, Chris found himself seeing stars (sound familiar?). After being in the hospital for a week, he was released, completely unaware that such an accident had caused the barrier in his mind to crumble, thus allowing his latent abilities to reveal themselves, but only when he was ten did he notice some odd changes about his drawing and thoughts.
    Superpower:
    Chris' ability is an extremely rare one; he is able to create physical manifestations of anything he thinks of. How he is able to do this: As an adolescent, Christopher had intense IQ scores. Amazed, scientists wondered how that happened. After a while, however, the scores went down to average. The cause was that the unmonitored areas of his brain were where the high activity migrated to. It has since been dormant in the unused section of Chris' brain until now. Christopher expresses this ability mainly through drawing, but is able to use it without a notepad; the notepad simply helps him focus. Simple structures are made with ease, whilst more complex figures take more concentration. The most advanced object Chris can create right now is a bicycle.
    Theme Song:
    Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe
    RP Sample:
    It was dark... Too dark. Johnny stared into the blank darkness looming in front of him. Suddenly, the room became bright, revealing the features of said room. The walls were covered in various fungi, with growths hanging from the ceiling. The floor was wet with an unknown substance, and Johnny felt that he'd best be cautious in this room. He looked towards the source of light, a blindingly bright bulb hanging from above. It, too was covered in mold. Johnny glanced towards the stairs in the corner of the room, shocked to see a dark figure clad in flowing black robes that appeared to weave in and out continuously and a pitch-black hood over its hood. It also carried a glistening scythe. The figure slowly raised a bony finger towards him, saying in a chilling yet raspy voice, "Come... to me..." It slowly began to advance upon Johnny, seeming to be floating across the ground. He pulled out a .50 caliber as fast as he could, but he was too late. The skeleton had already made it to him. Suddenly, everything went black.

No one can escape Death.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • @Watts:
    looking good, a longer RP sample would be good though.
    Like Draginja, you need more history, what happened in the previous 13 years of his life?
    also personality and appearance are looking a little bare, maybe just adding a little more there and your set.

@Castiel:
    Unfortunately someone else got in just before you for terrakinesis, ill talk to him to see if he wants to use it or not. If not, then its all yours.

EDIT: if the first post hass heaps of spaces in it (as in lines) then it is due to the laptop i am using - its not mine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    Like I had said, he had a completely normal life before ten to thirteen years old, with loving parents and a younger brother. For the time being, they have moved to Japan, with a perfect yet powerless copy of Chris with them (created by the real Chris' powers). Also, I am tired right now, so I apologize for the short RP sample.

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
  • I want to join this RP. Also, I'll want to see which of my proposed superpowers are accepted before writing an SU, otherwise the background and history might not match the powers/seem weird.

Proposed Superpowers:
    Psychokinesis
    Data Logger (Something that enables him to obtain data easily, such as gauging the speed an object is travelling at, gauging the weight/size of something extremely accurately)
    Mind Reading
    Energy Manipulation (Changing forms of energy from one form to another)
    Force Field

The topmost ones has the most priority. If they're not accepted, tell me.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • im not too sure about this 'God Mode' buisness

Maybe saying 'GodMode' was pushing it. It's just a state where most of his powers are heightened, but he becomes much less reasonable, a guess calling it a 'BeserkMode' would be more fitting...

Besides, it only comes around when he has both absorbed far too much electricity, and is really angry, so it'll be very rare for him.

For the time being, they have moved to Japan, with a perfect yet powerless copy of Chris with them (created by the real Chris' powers)

That made me chuckle a little.

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    I love these RP's. Not seen one on here yet though. Until Now. Anyway...

Can I reserve a spot?
    Name of Matthew Roberts, Ability being Teleportation (and if allowable as an extra thing, Phasing. I can explain it as part of the teleporting thing).

I can make an SU soon.

EDIT: I will finish it soon.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Okay, so I added more to the history, sorry it was short. And I explained the strength thing as more of a Charles Atlas Superpower. If you need anything else, just ask!

And don't compare me to GrifSpark. He taunts me with how good he is. He taunts me so...

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Ah, I see.

Well, is hydrokinesis(water manipulation) or, if isn't, cryokinesis(freezing/ice manipulation) open?
    'Cos I'm totally down for either of those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back