• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monochromatic Stains OOC + Sign-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    I was considering Shapeshifting for a bit but I have my favourite fallback of teleportation.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Wow, so many SU's to get through yet so little time. I finish work tonight at around 6 so should be able to read through them all.

@MancerNecro: Pyschokinesis: reseverd.

@GrifSpark: Its okay, i see what you mean, I will allow it but will keep a close eye on it.

@Castiel: Ill combine Hydrokinesis and Cryokinesis together since they both utelise mositure in the air - reserved.

@Godzil: no sorry, but animal mimicry or animal transformation (the later being full body whilst the earlier being aspects, abilities, etc) but I can combine them if you want.

@Tuxedo Clank: I can see how teleportation and phasing can be considered the same thing however I am going to have to say no.

@Akita: will change that when i get a chance, reserved.

if there is anything i have missed out, or issue that i have not addressed, feel free to shoot me.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    @Trigaradon: um...... no!
    you would have to put quite a bit more into it if you want to be accepted. and your song, i want title and artist, not a link. much more needs to go into it. Not to mention this is the OTHER RP section, not the POKEMON RP section, no pink murkrow. If you actually want to take this serious then please read the Forum Rules, else delete your post.

@GrifSpark, Watts and Tuxedo Clank:
    I will accept you all without RP samples but I would like one if you can by friday next week. The RP Samples are so that I can gouge your writing ability and see how you write. They aren't all that important but I would like to see some please.

And finally, I have some semblance of an SU.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Dude, i am relaxed.

My SU update:
    created a wicked and long SU, despite the history, Dante will be somewhat of a superhero.

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
    Oh cool! Psychokinesis all the way!

Name: Jade Tyler (Is the middle name compulsory? If so then I'll add it later)

Appearance:

Physical:

Jade has black hair, black eyes and is shorter than an average teenager (about 160cm). He's an American and goes to an American high school (At 17 you go to a high school right? I'm not sure cause I live in Singapore...). He wears a pair of thick blue glasses. He is slightly underweight (about 50kg).

In school uniform:

Jade wears his uniform neatly and proudly, with all the buttons buttoned and tie neatly tied in the centre.

Out of school uniform:

Jade wears a blue or black shirt with a white tie. Also, he wears black faded jeans that is folded up at the bottom. He also carries a black slingbag as well as a laptop, which is in a laptop bag.

Personality:

Jade has a cold personality, mostly directed towards strangers and friends whom he is not familiar with. He does not care about what happens to other people, as long as what he wants to happen happens. He does not like to be given too much attention and prefers it when others don't notice him and leaves him alone.

Behind that though, Jade is like any ordinary teenager, listening to music on MP3, playing computer games. Just that he doesn't like interacting much with people he doesn't know. Why make new friends when you can just make do with those that you already know?

Jade, however, is slightly better in his studies than his friends and reads slightly more. Also, when he first discovered his superpowers, he decided to hide it to not attract attention but he trained it in secret. He's also slightly lazy. He knows the facts from textbooks and stuff but is too lazy to actually do homework or make use of it.

History:

Jade is mostly a neglected child. His parents were always busy and didn't interact with him much. He lived mostly alone and had little friends. Friends who knew him said that he was dark, bad-tempered and unfriendly.

When he was 14, his parents were killed in a car accident. He didn't seem to be affected much by his parents' demise. Others assumed that it was because he wasn't that close to his parents in the first place anyway.

However, he was actually quite affected by it. In the days following the accident, he tried to pretend that it didn't matter to him and that made him slightly more bad-tempered. When a new guardian was found for him and he moved in with her, life didn't change much as the new guardian neglected him a lot as well.

When Jade discovered his powers, he kept it secret although he used it occasionally to make things easier. When no one was around, he secretly used his powers and tried to discover the limits of it.

Superpower: Psychokinesis. Using his mind to move things (includes hitting opponents).

Theme Song: Don't know what to put. Could be either of these two.

Byakuya ~True Light~ (Miyamoto Shunichi)
    Orochimaru's Theme from Naruto (Don't know the actual title or artist...)

RP Sample: An incident that happened in Jade's school life. Pay attention to the last few paragraphs, those explain how Jade's power is to be used.

A loud cheer erupted. "Fight... Fight... Fight..." it went, signalling the start of a fight between two boys, most likely over a girl or something as trivial as bumping into each other.

Amidst the chaos, Jade shuffled silently down a corridor leading into the locker room. At this point in time, most of the students were in the gym, watching the fight. However, Jade wasn't interested in the fight. It was something he found stupid. A fight! Just over some trivial issue. It was not like the safety of the whole world was even at stake.

Jade entered the combination to his locker and reaching out with his mind, felt the presence of the books that he needed for the next two lessons. He let another part of his mind reach into his bag and feel the edges of the books from the previous lessons.

Taking a quick look around to ensure that he was alone, Jade pulled with his mind. It came easily to him, just as easily as lifting a hand or swallowing a mouthful of food. With that pull, the books moved and swapped places, the books from his bag going into the locker and the books from the locker packing itself into his bag.

Jade smiled, feeling the strange, enjoyable sensation that passed through his body whenever he used his powers. It was one of the few moments when he actually smiled. Closing and locking his locker, Jade walked off to his next lesson.

Woah! Long post much! Also, just read through others' SUs. Wow, there are many pro-RPers here, hope I can survive in this field. Does Psychokinesis include Mind Reading to you? I can sort of justify it but if you don't allow, then it doesn't matter, Psychokinesis is good enough.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    EDIT: I'm pretty much done with my SU. I don't know what else to add. If I missed anything, or somethings wrong, tell me!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Akita

Returned
    Years
    雷影 イチロ,
    (I hope you aren't annoyed by this.)
    "On his right wrist he wears a silver analogue watch of some big brand, the logo not having to be embroidered."
    "Around his neck lies a silver dog tag, army style, which he never takes off, embroided with his name and birth date."
    In both cases, the word should be engraved, not embroidered.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    ^Thanks Akita for fixing up my English, its such a hard language!

@MancerNecro: More detailed information please, especially on the superpower and a little bit more on the history and appearance. Personality is alright. I guess you can add mind reading to your superpower since it is sort of a part of psychokinesis. And no, you don't have to have a middle name.

@Castiel: its looking good.

My SU update:
    Finished, Dante is now a fully fledged psychopath, its going to be fun.

Last edited:

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
    Here's the SU, but updated. Also, will there be a specific point where they will all meet up? Like some guy recruits/finds them all. Otherwise, the RP will mostly be stuck at each of their specific schools with no meetups.

Spoiler:

Yeah, its kinda long after the edits so I enclosed it in spoiler tags.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    @MancerNecro: Good, this is heaps better than before, suffice to say you are Accepted!
    And yes, there will be points where you can meet up with others, whether it is in the streets or fighting somewhere around the world. You can team up with others once you've met them and make a league of superhumans or go at it alone, thats pretty much the gist of it.
    Events will happen through television and radio, where there will be broadcasts of stuff such as get-togethers or places in need of help. Supplied by yours truely of course.
    If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Now with Dante done, I will start on Paige, still deciding on a superpower but she will like to work in a group so will be actively looking for others to join with to make a league for thoes interested in fighting in a group whereas Dante will be by himself.

Last edited:

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
    I can imagine Dante and Jade being together as:

Jade: .........
    Dante: .........
    *They gained a quest level/a support level (from Fire Emblem)*

It'll be lol, with two anti-social people together. And I realise that there are a lot of rich people here, but I guess you'd have to be rich/influential/powerful? in a way to have powers and be able to meet other people like that in the world. Imagine, suddenly a poor person takes an aeroplane to a place with the air ticket costing S$2000-3000+!

It'll be something to look forward to. Jade will be going neutral, I guess, neither bad nor good, but drawn into the conflict because of his powers.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Sorry Mancer, your wrong.
    It'll be:
    Dante: "I work by myself" *runs off*

I expect Dante to be netural aswell, but he will see it more as being good. I think he would want to fight others more than team up. (I have sibbling rivalry all worked out.)

Years
    Name: Shawn Varanus

Appearance: A tall boy, Shawn is a little over 6 feet tall. He has brown hair, which he likes to cut short, so he doesn't have to deal with it as much. His eyes are blue, and his skin is tanned almost red. He has wide shoulders, with muscular arms, but has a bit of a belly. He consideres himself average-looking, not very memorable or attractive.

He wears clothes that are easy to discard, repair, or replace. Most of these clothes are from second-hand stores or charity bins. He owns many pairs of button-up shirts (with snaps, not buttons), which he has cut the arms off of. He wears camoflage cargo shorts and sandals, forgoing socks or undergarments. When at home or just walking around the city, when he doesn't expect to use his powers, he wears a much different outfit. He wears long sleeved shirts, usually button-up shirts that he didn't cut the arms off of, and tan slacks. He wears heavy work boots (the steel-toe kind) and grey socks.

Personality: A quiet person, he usually keeps away from others, watching and listening to them quietly. This combined with his size tends to unnerve people. He will often wander away from things, only to focus on something else before returning. When he does interact with others, he tends to shy away from physical contact unless around girls, who he doesn't mind touching. He doesn't speak often, and when he does it is either incredibly relevant or completly non sequiter.

He is a bit of a coward, afraid of conflict or commitment. He usually comes across as a happy, almost ditzy person, because that persona comes almost naturally to him. If he tries to befriend people, he will tend to play up this aspect, but often drives people away by coming on too strong. He becomes flustered by this, because when he acts more subtle and closer to his apathetic self, people are unnerved by how intimidating he seems.

He never rushes into things, prefering to hang back and analyze a situation and formulate a plan. He remembers almost everything, using past experience and an analytical mind to solve problems. This usually doesn't work well for social interactions, because he takes a long time to plan and overfocuses on his subject. His personality can almost be described as "cat-like". He wants attention and to belong, but he is unsure about how to get it, and always places himself above others. He believes that everything is balanced: for every strength there is a weakness. He consoles himself by noting that he has focused on his mind and body throughout his life, and his social life must take the hit.

History: Born in a large city to a middle-class family, Shawn had a comfortable life. He never fit in with others, leading a fairly lonely and uneventful childhood. He would often wander away from the humans who so easily bored him, and liked to run. He never had many friends, and would often stay at home with his cat and a book. He believed that he was optimizing his chances of success by increasing his brain power and his physical strength.

He was often skipped ahead in school due to his intelligence, and was the only 10 year old freshman his high school had ever had. He surpassed his fellow students mentally, but was physically inferior due to his age. He would panic slightly if he was surrounded by people, and whenever he was challenged he ran away. He graduated at age 14, but has been unable to get a job due to his age. He stayed at home and assisted his parents around the house, waiting for something new.

On his sixteenth birthday, his powers manifested. After the small celebration was held, he went to his room feeling sick. He sat on his bed, staring at his cat, and suddenly became an identical cat! At first surprised, he soon learned he could change shape at will. He greatly enjoyed his newfound abilities, and absorbed himself in reading and learning about various types of animals he could become. At night he would practice various animal shapes, finding out what he could and could not do. He would often visit the zoo to observe animals in a pseudo-natural habitat, in order to learn about their abilities. He got a job as a message carrier, a job which allowed him to move through the city quickly and carry packages for people. In this way he learned his way around the city, and for fun would travel as various animals. He found bird forms to be faster but less enjoyable, and his arms got tired easily.

Superpower: Shapeshifting. Shawn can change into animal form, either completely or in part. For example, he could transform into a cat, or just transform his eyes into cat's eyes. He can transform into animals of similar size easily, or animals larger or smaller with some concentration. Animals too large or too small cause strain on his body, and he can only remain in these forms for a limited time.

Theme Song: Tarzan Boy by Baltimora

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
    @TC, lol.

I have a feeling that Jade would more likely lean towards good as well, more likely being forced to fight otherwise he would die/the world would die/something worse that affects him as well. Although, I can imagine him switching sides a few times depending on who would give him better benefits but being on the good side in the end.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    ^Dante is just plain selfish, usually if it doesn't benefit him or affect him in anyway, then i doubt he would do it.

@GodZil: EDIT: Appearance needs more description, in both categories. Personality needs 2+ paragraphs, not 1. History: I would like a little more 'meat' in it please. SPuerpower description is a little sketchy. Overall: you are reserved, 'beef' it up a bit please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back