• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is the 5th Gen's "Legendary Trio"?

Will Reshiram and Zekrom have a 3rd counterpart?

• Yes. The pattern of Trios almost confirms that there will be a 3rd counterpart.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No. They represent Yin and Yang and a 3rd counterpart will not only break this bond but it will not

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Doesn't matter. I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME ALREADY!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdosa

GG
Years
  • There has been a Legendary Trio in every generation, 2 each in the 3rd and 4th generations.

Legendary Trios always hold the most vital information and background to almost every Pokemon Game's Storyline.

They are always a target by Evil Forces so they can be used for great power and destruction.

You must also remember that each Trio has it's Master which oversees it's trio.

The Trio Master and the Trio itself may relate in different ways.

Here are passed Generation's Legendary Trios and Trio Masters:

1st Gen:
    Spoiler:

2nd Gen:
    Spoiler:

3rd Gen (2 Trios):
    Spoiler:

4th Gen (2 Trios):
    Spoiler:

So what do you predict the next Legendary Trio will consist of in the 5th Generation?

Will there be only 1 or 2 trios in this generation?

Which Pokemon will be the Master(s) of the trio(s)?

How will the trio(s) impact the new storyline of B/W?

All your opinions are welcome!:)​

Mod note: o_O; Edited out some of the master stuff - as it'll be likely to confuse users and parts are untrue. Keep it at the trios, not Zekrom/Reshiram/third legendary, as that belongs in the thread for the third game legendary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Maybe Reshiram and Zekrom will be in a trio, maybe, just maybe

Uh..

That's not the trio they mean. The two main legends are always in a trio, with a third main legendary (for the third game.) The only exception is Johto.

They mean the trio as in the Pokemon like the three birds, three golems, three emotions (Uxie, Azlef, Mespirit), and three dogs.

I just hope this trio isn't monotype like Sinnohs. :(

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Uh..

That's not the trio they mean. The two main legends are always in a trio, with a third main legendary (for the third game.) The only exception is Johto.

They mean the trio as in the Pokemon like the three birds, three golems, three emotions (Uxie, Azlef, Mespirit), and three dogs.

I just hope this trio isn't monotype like Sinnohs. :(

Man i feel like an idiot now

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • Uh..

The two main legends are always in a trio, with a third main legendary (for the third game.) The only exception is Johto.

And Kanto. Mewtwo and Mew are the two main Legendaries in Kanto. And of course, they do not have a third counterpart. Also, are you trying to say that 3rd Gen's Weather Trio and 4th Gen's Dragon Trio are not considered a true trio? They're as true of a trio as the Golem and Emotion trio that they share generations with. They are just not as closely bonded with one another.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • And Kanto. Mewtwo and Mew are the two main Legendaries in Kanto. And of course, they do not have a third counterpart. Also, are you trying to say that 3rd Gen's Weather Trio and 4th Gen's Dragon Trio are not considered a true trio? They're as true of a trio as the Golem and Emotion trio that they share generations with. They are just not as closely bonded with one another.

i change my mind from Surmonter's idea back to yours, which was my idea as well

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    I think that Reshiram and Zekrom will have a "Giratina" that will make their own new Dragon Trio.

It will of course be a Dragon-Type and it's secondary type will most likely be Grass because of the fact that Reshiram is part Fire and Zekrom is part Electric.

You see the similarity is that Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric types cause 1/2 Damage to Dragon types. So seeing how the part Water Dragon Type Pokemon is already taken by Palkia, the next Dragon Legendary has to be Part Grass Type.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • I think that Reshiram and Zekrom will have a "Giratina" that will make their own new Dragon Trio.

It will of course be a Dragon-Type and it's secondary type will most likely be Grass because of the fact that Reshiram is part Fire and Zekrom is part Electric.

You see the similarity is that Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric types cause 1/2 Damage to Dragon types. So seeing how the part Water Dragon Type Pokemon is already taken by Palkia, the next Dragon Legendary has to be Part Grass Type.

Last part is pretty smart

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • I think that Reshiram and Zekrom will have a "Giratina" that will make their own new Dragon Trio.

Yes a very great observation indeed.
    This may very well be the Pokemon you are talking about:
    What is the 5th Gen's "Legendary Trio"?

Some say it's the last Evolved Form of Kibago, but I don't think so.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    ^ Yeah maybe but for some reason I don't really picture that Pokemon to be a Legendary.

It doesn't look as strong as Reshiram or Zekrom and it has to be if not stronger than those two.

Or maybe it's an unfinished project.

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • ^ Yeah maybe but for some reason I don't really picture that Pokemon to be a Legendary.

It doesn't look as strong as Reshiram or Zekrom and it has to be if not stronger than those two.

Or maybe it's an unfinished project.
    In my opinion it has a well fitted look as a Legendary.

It may not have all of the all the intangibles that Reshiram and Zekrom have that make them look bulky and strong but that sharp axe looking thing in it's mouth does it justice.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    the natural vs. unnatural (or industrialized) world does not need a trio. What would that trio be? Wildboat gave a good guess, but I think there shouldn't be one or if there is we should be surprised when the 3rd installment comes out.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    4th Gen Trio
    was the Fairy/Pixie/Emotion trio. (imo)

For the next one I hope it will be a Bug Trio.

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • the natural vs. unnatural (or industrialized) world does not need a trio. What would that trio be? Wildboat gave a good guess, but I think there shouldn't be one or if there is we should be surprised when the 3rd installment comes out.

It's probably going to be a Pokemon that represents the peaceful idea that Nature and Technology can coexist. Which supports WildBolt's theory even more that it will be a Dragon/Grass-Type.

A Grass-Type would be a hint that it symbolizes something positive like peace and equality.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    It's probably going to be a Pokemon that represents the peaceful idea that Nature and Technology can coexist. Which supports WildBolt's theory even more that it will be a Dragon/Grass-Type.

A Grass-Type would be a hint that it symbolizes something positive like peace and equality.
    This would make complete sense if Pokemon was based on logic. Hahaha.
    Thanks for supporting my theory btw. I'm pretty sure now that Reshiram and Zekrom's 3rd counterpart will indeed be a Dragon/Grass-Type.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • yea im going with wildbolts idea because (as everyone has said) reshiram zekrom= dialga palkia meaning giratina= ???? most likely grass/dragon
    and about that mantis thing, im pretty sure the first time it wa seen was in a triple battle and im pretty sure they just announce legendaries battling normal pokemon(as in non-legends) that has rarely happened.

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • This would make complete sense if Pokemon was based on logic. Hahaha.
    Thanks for supporting my theory btw. I'm pretty sure now that Reshiram and Zekrom's 3rd counterpart will indeed be a Dragon/Grass-Type.

Lol yeah hopefully it really is going to be based on that idea though, because I'm really starting to like the idea of a Dragon/Grass type for some reason. :cool:

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    yea im going with wildbolts idea because (as everyone has said) reshiram zekrom= dialga palkia meaning giratina= ???? most likely grass/dragon
    and about that mantis thing, im pretty sure the first time it wa seen was in a triple battle and im pretty sure they just announce legendaries battling normal pokemon(as in non-legends) that has rarely happened.

Oh ok if that mantis pokemon was first discovered in a triple battle with normal pokes, than the chance that it is a legendary is slim to none.

So there goes the idea that is is the next "Giratina." The next Giratina probably won't even be revealed until the game releases.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back