• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is the 5th Gen's "Legendary Trio"?

Will Reshiram and Zekrom have a 3rd counterpart?

• Yes. The pattern of Trios almost confirms that there will be a 3rd counterpart.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No. They represent Yin and Yang and a 3rd counterpart will not only break this bond but it will not

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Doesn't matter. I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME ALREADY!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdosa

GG
    Years
    I've posted something like this about two months ago, so I'll rewrite my idea.
    The Zek & Resh trio will be completed with a green dragon/serpent pokémon, based on the chinese dragon but with wings. Something like this:
    Spoiler:

...but with a turbine in the end of it's tail, just like Resh & Zek.
    It will be Grass/Dragon. It will represent the Ancient world, the world where the primitive pokémon live. So, it will represent another world just like Giratina did with the distorcion world. Which means that we'll time travel on those ruins that we can se on the Isshu map, in the top of the left corner.

Now, talking about the new trio of non-cover legendaries. Since this will be the master of it, wait for a trio of Fossil/primitive look like pokémon. Then, since Resh & Zek represent the natural & industrial, think how the exploration of fossils could be fitted in this thematic and there you go. (For those who don't want to think, fossils are found in natural state and only come to life by industrial processes.)

I agree with you that it is indeed going to be a Dragon/Grass Type. But if it takes on the look of a Chinese Dragon it must include wings and have a flurry of mixed colors because if it's mostly green with no wings it will bare an awfully strong resemblance to Rayquaza.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    First 2 Gens = 1 Trio
    Next 2 Gens = 2 Trios
    Next Gen = 3 Trios

Its elementary my dear Watson

zapdosa

GG
    Years
    First 2 Gens = 1 Trio
    Next 2 Gens = 2 Trios
    Next Gen = 3 Trios

Its elementary my dear Watson

Eh 3 Trios is a bit too much.

There should definitely be at least 2.

But I guess the more the merrier. I'm just really hoping for that Dragon/Grass Type and how it will look.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Reshrim and Zekrom share a relation that only allows for the two to be in place with no room for a third. The appearance of a third would break the balance that Reshrim and Zekrom hold and personify. So yes there is a good reason to believe that there won't be a third legendary that ties into the main point of Reshrim and Zekrom. If a third is made, it will not have anything to do with the two or will be trying to upset the balance the two hold but still cannot be related to these two.

There you go again. You're ignoring the fact that this kind of information describing an "unbreakable bond" between Reshiram and Zekrom is completely irrelevant to Pokemon Games. The real world does not apply in a Pokemon Game when it comes to this type of situation. All the Legendaries that were first revealed as Duos became Trios. Groudon and Kyogre became Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Dialga and Palkia became Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. The ONLY Reason why Lugia and Ho-Oh did not have a Trio of their own is because of the fact that they are TRIO MASTERS.

Reshiram and Zekrom will have a 3rd counterpart, end of discussion.

Rei

Years
    There you go again. You're ignoring the fact that this kind of information describing an "unbreakable bond" between Reshiram and Zekrom is completely irrelevant to Pokemon Games. The real world does not apply in a Pokemon Game when it comes to this type of situation. All the Legendaries that were first revealed as Duos became Trios. Groudon and Kyogre became Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Dialga and Palkia became Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. The ONLY Reason why Lugia and Ho-Oh did not have a Trio of their own is because of the fact that they are TRIO MASTERS.

Just because you can prove otherwise doesnt mean their will be a 3rd counterpart.
    They could both be Leader/Masters of their own trio, you never know :p
    haha.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

You just proved to me you don't know what the hell you are talking about and are using personal opinions as facts. Go show me sources to back up your claim that Ho-oh and Lugia could have had a third counter part.

You haven't even argued your side. And you are sadly wrong as Rayquaza is a Trio Master and part of the same Trio. Get your facts straight before sharing your fail and trolling other people that don't share your opinion.

Groudon and Kyogre had Rayquaza released around the same time and Rayquaza wasn't officially fan declared until Emerald where Rayquaza served its point as both a Third and their master.

The Three 4th Gen Dragon Legendaries are unofficial trios put together by the fans due to in game relations of Platinum and the movie. They don't have any relation other than that and cannot be considered Official until the Creators say they are part of a set.

Find me proof of the designers saying there will be a third. Until then, that is your opinion and not fact. Your discussion failed.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    um i hope that there will be a third legendary because usually they add a new game for more of the 3rd legend. example : gold silver AND crystal(though there wasnt really much to do with a legend in crystal) ruby sapphire EMERALD emerald was for Rayquaza as Giratina was more in platinum. and if you think more about it they did these kind of things in around 3 and 4th not so much 1 and 2 gens. So there will probably be a third legend=game to go with these legends. However there was a point in Zekrom Reshiram being yin yang but pokemon will probably try to make some mythical thing in the middle. Im pretty sure it will be dragon but after a while of thinking, it might NOT be a dragon type still thinking...

zapdosa

GG
    Years
    I added a poll to see what the community thinks about Reshiram and Zekrom having a 3rd counterpart since it's a topic of strong discussion whether there will be one or not.

I myself believe there will be one. :D

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    um i hope that there will be a third legendary because usually they add a new game for more of the 3rd legend. example : gold silver AND crystal(though there wasnt really much to do with a legend in crystal) ruby sapphire EMERALD emerald was for Rayquaza as Giratina was more in platinum. and if you think more about it they did these kind of things in around 3 and 4th not so much 1 and 2 gens. So there will probably be a third legend=game to go with these legends. However there was a point in Zekrom Reshiram being yin yang but pokemon will probably try to make some mythical thing in the middle. Im pretty sure it will be dragon but after a while of thinking, it might NOT be a dragon type still thinking...

You don't need a Third Legendary for a Third Game.

Japan started with Three I think. Red/Blue/Green. Mascots were the Starters. America's Third was Yellow which was based off of Ash from the Anime.

Gold and Silver's third game was Suicune which was part of a Trio, just not the major legends, pulling the attention from Ho-oh and Lugia to the dogs.

I actually would like to see them repeat Crystal for a Third game even though I've been against the idea of the Third game for the fifth gen. Pulling the spot light away from Reshrim and Zekrom and focusing on the lesser Legendaries would be a nice mix again.

EDIT: Just thought of something. Since this game is the Reset to the Pokemon games. Wouldn't the past record/pattern be reset as well? I mean they did say it was a complete reset of the Pokemon Games. Restarting fresh, new, and exciting? So that could mean Duo as the Main and a lesser set of Trios? Mayby three lesser trios to mix things up...or even no trios at all.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...okay, after I posted not to discuss it, what do you do? You discuss Zekrom/Reshiram's third game counterpart. Really guys. That has its own thread. And now, until we get confirmation on the actual non-title legendary trio, I won't be allowing anymore threads on this.

☆★ Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back