• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charizard or Typhlosion

Charizard or Typhlosion?

• Charizard

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • Typhlosion

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ice Queen

I Love May
Years
  • Charizard and Typhlosion are both popular and i was wondering who is your fav of the 2?

Mine is Typhlosion because it is better looking IMO and its from Jhoto.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Charizard. I loved my Charizard on Red Version. Typhlo is cool too, but a flaming tail sounds better than a flaming neck.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    This is probably the hardest choice for me, since I rarely use either Charizard or Typhlosion. Both look really good aesthetically, and I like the way they are typed, Typhlosion as a pure fire, and Charizard as the Fire/Flying.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Typhlosion. Better-looking and has no 4x weakness to Stealth Rock. :D

Before Emboar came around, Typhlosion was my favorite fire-type starter ever. XD

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • I dunno... .n.
    I like both...Okay Charizard can fly, it looks like a dragon etc. But Typhlosion's also good-looking..
    Ah well, I'll say Charizard just 'cause we can fly. Cx

Years
  • Charizard for me.
    Looks awesome and I always get a bit nostalgic for first gen.
    Typhlosion is great to though, mines at lv49 in HG right now.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I love both of them.....

However, I'm going to have to go on how much I like their evolution lines:

Charmander - Like
    Charmeleon - Meh
    Charizard - Like

Cyndaquil - Like
    Quilava - Like
    Typhlosion - Meh

By that, I can safely say Charizard. I like how he can use dragon moves too, and I like both of their appearances. However, I'm more likely to use Typhlosion, as I like the other 2 Kanto starters too, but only really like Totodile, Feraligatr and Bayleef in Johto.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Charizard, well Charmeleon's one of my favourite pokemon and it evolves into Charizard, so uh, yeah...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Charmander was my first pokemon. Or Squirtle back in the day so I got to give some love to Charizard. And I was never a big fan of Typhlosion. For Fire starters it is like this.

1. Blaziken
    2. Charizard
    3. Infernape
    4. Emboar
    5. Typhlosion

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2011
    Charizard!It's one of my favorites and it was my first pokémon, but I like Typhlosion too. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My vote goes to Charizard because not only does it look better than Typhlosion in terms of design, it also has a better movepool.

Ayselipera

Cyndaquil and Quilava are great! Typhlosion is boring. It's one of those Pokemon where I like its previous stages much more so then its final stage. With that said I have to go with Charizard. Sure, Charizard is definitely overrated, but I still find it to be enjoyable. The 4x weakness to rock types can be a pain if you're a competitive player, but if you're an in - gamer like me then it's just fine. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I will choose Cyndaquil every time I play a Johto-based game but I will never choose Charmander in any Kanto-based game.

Needless to say I prefer Typhlosion as it looks better and I like its movepool better. Oh, and no 4x Rock weakness.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I didn't vote because I can't decide, I always loved Charizard better and I have soo many plushies of him.

But when I watched the episode with Typhlosion, "The Legend of Thunder", it made me love him so much! I even tried talking like him haha!

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like Charizard better because I like his moves, the way he acts, and also they way he looks better:)

nm legend

Years
  • ughhh... i wouldve said charizard.....and actually i think its kinda even for me....but im playin HG and so i went with the starter i have.... tyhplosion

Back