• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better: Walrein or Dewgong?

Which is better?

• Walrein

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Dewgong

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    They both have similar abilities and strengths, but Spheal's evo family evolves twice and not once... Also, Walrein seems to have pretty good stats.
    But, on the other hand, Dewgong seems to learn a more diverse moveset than Walrein.
    Which do you guys prefer?

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I would say Walrein since it bests Dewgong in all it's stats but Special Defense and Speed.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I can't vote because I say both are equally cool.
    Dewgong and Walrein are great in my eyes.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Walrein makes for a great wall and it can hit pretty hard while all Dewgong can do is wall, but not as good as Walrein. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Walrein by a long shot. It has a better movepool than Dewgong, and can stall things to death in Hail if it has Ice Body as an ability. Dewgong, on the other hand, has a terrible movepool and offensive stats.

Years
  • Walrein because it works well as a tank and can take a lot of damage and also deal a lot of damage and all it sacrifices is a bit of speed.

Years
  • Dewgong for me. Nostalgia wins it imo.
    Plus Dewgong is a awesome pokemon, if it had another evolution in its line it would destroy Walrein.
    Maybe they will add to it sometime.

Years
  • well, i think the best of this two is Walrein,he have better states, he can be use to stall the opponent. Dewgong i kind cool to use in Rain Dance Team, ut i dont like to use him

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • Aesthetically, I've always thought of Dewgong as a go-to point to illustrate how over-styled the Pokemon of recent generations have become. The look of a Pokemon plays a big role when I put a team together, and Walrein (though not the best example of it) looks intentionally unsimplified.

And it makes a stupid noise.

Dewgong > Walrein

Years
  • one thing in many battles is rare to see Dewgong even in rain dance teams, because is slow,Wailrein i better, he very used in HAIL teams, idk how he is in NU

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Being one of those 'fan since 199X' people, I prefer Dewgong. As to which is actually better, I don't think it matters.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Dewgong is awesome, but Walrein I've used more. :x Sooo, I'm gunna go with Walrein.~

Back