• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better: Walrein or Dewgong?

Which is better?

• Walrein

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Dewgong

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    You can't make a Beatles pun with Dewgong, so I'm going with Walrein! Plus, Walrein's design is so much better, so much less... Simple.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    My first post was al about battle utility, but as far as design, I still prefer Walrein.

There's just nothing memorable about Dewgong's design. It looks like something you can see everyday in the real-world if you lived in frigid enough coastal areas. Walrein looks more fantastic and actually looks like the powerhouse that he is while Dewgong's subdued design makes me pass it over all too often. :/

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    My first post was al about battle utility, but as far as design, I still prefer Walrein.

There's just nothing memorable about Dewgong's design. It looks like something you can see everyday in the real-world if you lived in frigid enough coastal areas. Walrein looks more fantastic and actually looks like the powerhouse that he is while Dewgong's subdued design makes me pass it over all too often. :/

I absolutely agree with that. Woohhoo! Long live Walrein!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think Walrein looks much more original. Dewgong looks too much like a normal seal...

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
    I like both of them but since i could vote for one i picked Walrein but if i knew it had more votes i would of voted for Dewgong. They both are Ice types and they have cool designs.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Walrein for me. It's a tank, and looks it. I usually have one when I play though Emerald.
    Dewgong just looks as if it was meant to sit and be not very pretty.

ShinyZoruaGirl

Crazy Rowdyruff Boys Fangirl!
    Years
    Dewgong. To me, it is much more serene and graceful than a big ol' Walrein. Easier to pronounce, too. X3

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Better? Well Walrein is better for me to defeat :D its just so fun to mess with its blubber lol using leaf blade lol.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    On a personal preference and design wise I would say Walrein. It's look is a lot more memorable than Dewgong. Not saying Dewgong isn't bad in design, but it's just too simplistic and can be easily forgotten.

When based on move pool and stats, Walrein still wins. It actually does have a wider move pool compared to Dewgong since B&W. It's a much better wall, and the stats are an overall improvement except for Speed. In my own opinion, I'd call Walrein the improved version of Dewgong.

Back