• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebrities

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
Years
  • Celebrities
    Do celebrities annoy you in any way?
    why or why not?

My opinion: Do celebrities annoy you in any way?
    Celebrities, I hate them. why or why not?
    they are spoiled, snooty, and annoying most of the time. They act cool or something when they are really just plain ANNOYING. Most celebrities want money for themselves and it makes me think there money grubbers.​

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My opinion: I don't think that Celebeties should be Idols and treated as if they were gorcious gods and goddess ...I've met more better looking people plus some of them don't look as good without make up on...instead they should focus on a Celebrities actually job and hard work rather than their body...
    Though I also think some of them are nice, kind and honest people
    Then again their are those rude, snobby, brats who escape prison...just look at the news...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    People can be famous for multiple reasons and to dismiss them all as selfish money grabbers is just stereotyping. The majority of celebrities have done something to achieve their fame, and behind the scenes actually have to do a lot of work. I judge each celebrity as an individual, just like I would judge anyone else.

Maybe you could give an example of someone you think matches your description?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • People can be famous for multiple reasons and to dismiss them all as selfish money grabbers is just stereotyping. The majority of celebrities have done something to achieve their fame, and behind the scenes actually have to do a lot of work. I judge each celebrity as an individual, just like I would judge anyone else.

I agree not all of them are mean, money grabbers, I'm certain most of them are really nice (I can't say for sure as I don't know any in real life) :)

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • In my opinion, I like to see Celebritites just as ordinary actors. Just ordinay actors. Not cultural phenomenons, not kings, just ordinary actors. And I want to see it that way. In the past, I cared very little for them, even if they were in my favorite movies at the time.

Now I learned that many studios like DreamWorks is going crazy over celebrities. And I think that's annoying.

In future, I would like less celebrities and more actors like those who did voice work in Digimon.

Oh one more thing. The shows on Nickelodeon just loves going crazy over celebrities like iCarly.

But, not all of them are terrible. Look at Jack Black, Chris Rock, and some others who I don't know yet. If you want to know what is the most useless celebrity ever, it's Justin Bieber.

Now, I would like to take a break from this whole celebrity craze.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't think celebrities are money grubbers. They're just doing what they do best, particularly acting or singing for other peoples' entertainment. Some celebrities are serving as role models to the outside world, but at the moment, I can't think of anyone like that.

NekoNekoChan

..Mmmm?
    Years
  • I have a few of them. I hated how they can drink and drive, do drugs, or anything else that is illegal and hardly get any time at all. :( , Oh and the one that tops my list has to be Sean Penn though. I think most of the actors/actresses in Hollywood are nuts. (No Offense..)

Ayselipera

Like anything in life some celebrities are annoying and some aren't. I wouldn't say all are money grubbers. There are quite a few who are active in some kind of relief volunteer work and I've seen celebrities donate money to charities or some type of relief program. The way I see it if I knew my name could make a profit I'd probably slap it onto anything and everything.

I think it's pretty easy to hate celebrities because you learn more about them then you do any normal person and so it's easy to pick out what you don't like about them and go from there. Not that I'm sympathizing with them it's just that you're looking at people who make the same mistakes as anyone else they're just in a spotlight. So it's easy to say, "I'd never do that." or "I'd never act that way." People like to pick out the negatives of someone and hold it over them forever. Which is unfair, especially if you've changed your ways and moved on and yet others keep bringing it up, but that's just the way it is.

So overall I like some celebrities and don't like others. All for different reasons.

MurasakiYugata

Friend of Caterpie
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    It really depends on the celebrity. They're people, just like the rest of us, and can have good and bad qualities depending on the individual. I'm not gonna love or hate somebody just because they're famous.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • Justin Bieber = Overrated.
    Yes. he is a money grubber.

People can be famous for multiple reasons and to dismiss them all as selfish money grabbers is just stereotyping. The majority of celebrities have done something to achieve their fame, and behind the scenes actually have to do a lot of work. I judge each celebrity as an individual, just like I would judge anyone else.

yea, your right. well, time to edit my post. and big time rush, they are greedy. thats one

Last edited:
    Back