• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aerodactyl vs. Archeops

Aerodatcyl, or Archeops?

• Aerodatcyl

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Archeops

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So, its been a whole week ever since the last pokemon vs. pokemon thread I made, and now, here comes another one. So, these two are rock / flying fossil pokemon. I've been hearing some people lately how they prefer Aerodactyl, and another few say they prefer Archeops. I however, am a fan of Aerodactyl, but, which do you prefer; Aerodactyl, or Archeops?

567.png
142.png

Similarities:
~ Both are possil pokemon
~ Both are dual Flying / Rock types
~ Both have the same base stat Defense (65)​

Differences:
~ Aerodactyl's base stats total 515
~ Archeops's base stats total 567
~ Aerodactly is revived from the Old Amber
~ Archeops is revived from the Plume fossil
~ Aerodactyl doesn't have an evolution family
~ Archeops evolves from Archen at level 37​
~ Aerodactyl has a more Speed, HP, and Special Defense base stat
~ Archeops has a more Attack, and Special Attack base stat
~ Aeodactyl has the Rock Head / Pressure ability
~ Archeops has the Defeatist ability

So, which do you prefer, and why?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
As far as pure design goes, I love Acheops. I found archeopteryx to be fascinating creatures when I had to study up on them and it's cool to see a pokemon based off of one. :D

As far as battle utility goes though, Aerodactyl will always win. You'd think Archeops can keep up with that immense BST, but considering it gets halved when he drops to half HP, it's hardly worth it. XD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
As far as pure design goes, I love Acheops. I found archeopteryx to be fascinating creatures when I had to study up on them and it's cool to see a pokemon based off of one. :D

As far as battle utility goes though, Aerodactyl will always win. You'd think Archeops can keep up with that immense BST, but considering it gets halved when he drops to half HP, it's hardly worth it. XD
I agree with Timbjerr over here. He said everything that I was going to say. So..design-wise, I go with Archeops, battle-wise I go with Aerodactyl.

Years
I too had to study about Archeopteryx while studying about heredity and evolution in biology. Pretty interesting to have a Pokemon based on it.

But design wise, I prefer Aerodactyl over Archeops. Archeops' colours are.. unappealing to me. ;; I haven't used either of them while battling, so can't say anything about that.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Archeops is a complete kamikaze of a critter. If you can get in and out without being damaged too much, you can cause some serious damage... but there's that damn ability to deal with, ugh!

It's for that reason that Aerodactyl takes the cake. As well as being slightly more consistent battle-wise, it also looks a lot better, and I've always had a fondness for it since Gen I. Aero's also one of my favourite Pokemon as well so, even if Archeops was pseudo-legendary type good, I'd probably still go for Aero!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Archepos is definitely the better looking of the two and it can devastate Pokemon when it appears, but... your ability... your power is too easily nullified because of your ability. Thus making Aerodactyl more reliable in competitive battles where you *can't* use Hyper Potion to keep your HP up.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
Years
Gonna go with Aerodactyl, Archaeops' ability makes it far too unappealing for me to want to use it. Not to mention I just like Aerodactyl's design better.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I like Archeops better than Aerodactyl. Archeops looks better imo. That is all I can really judge them on, they are basically the same in every other way. Archeops ability is really bad, but it is stronger so.... yeah.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
Years
It's tricky, but I have to say Archeops. Aerodactyl is just a little to boring. I like Archeops' colors. Though I still do really like Aero.

blue

gucci
Years
I like Aerodactyl, but it's time for a change. What I like about Archeops is it's colour, it's colourful :) and it's got a really nice Attack stat!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Archeops > Aerodactyl.

Because Archeops has insanely high offensive stats, good Speed, though it's not as fast as Aerodactyl and a good movepool (both level up and TM). Its ability may hold it back, but I like Archeops better than Aerodactyl.

Years
I like Archeops. It is a really cool Pokemon. I like that is it based on an Archeopteryx. It looks really cool. It is really strong Pokemon too. Archeops rocks!

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
Years
Archeops seemed like an amazing pokemon, up until I found out about the Defeatist ability which kinda ruined it for me. However, design-wise it's much better than the gray Aerodactyl.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
Archeops. It has a much more appealing design, and could deal a lot of damage. Unless of course, you make it lose half of it's HP which is pretty much useless.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Arhceops is one of my favorites pokemon from Gen V, but sorry, Aeordactyl for me.

Back