• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A talking Meowth?!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • What if one day, you see a pokemon, then when you greeted it, it replied back with human language? [basically in English, or any other language you understand].

Would you try to catch it and battle with it?

Or, would you maybe keep it a secret from others?

What would you do?

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • Wait, you mean in real life? I'd be more amazed that there was a Pokemon period.

Also, I think any Pokemon that has the ability to speak human speak when it's naturally not able to, loses it's ability to even be a Pokemon. It stays solid and can't be compressed via Pokeballs or other mediums.

The same reason why Meowth from Team Rocket is unable to evolve.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'd try to catch it. I wouldn't battle with it, I'd keep it as a personal friend. And maybe keep it a secret because others would be after it. Either way I'd find a way to catch it >:)

Water Master Roxy

Wish I was Misty
    Years
  • I would talk to the Pokemon. See what it wants, give it some food and make friends with it. Then I would let it choose weither it wants be caught or not.

Years
  • Wait, you mean in real life? I'd be more amazed that there was a Pokemon period.

I completely Agree! I don't know... If teaching "Animal's" a Language (We are talking about real life, so in an as is world, they technically would be considered animal's) was easy, we'd have done it by now. Albeit Pokemon seem to have a higher intelligence then an average animal and they blow fire from their mouths and have flaming tails etc, so It would be an unexplored set of circumstances that has only been used on Meowth. If more Pokemon had the ability to speak (AND NO NOT TELEPATHY) then I'd agree more readily, but we can only go off info we have.

It'd still be frikin awesome though!
    "Talking Pikachu Go!"
    "Use "Give Meaningless Political Speech""

Years
  • I think I'd catch it and keep it out of its pokeball like Team Rocket does with Meowth. We'd be friends xD

Persephone

Queen of Hearts
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    Well first thing first, I would make friends with it. Then a later on I will asked the pokemon to join my team. I would keep it a secret from everyone, unless the pokemon doesn't really care. ^.^

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    First, start a boring conversation with it so we get to know each other. Then I catch it. Simple.

If it's Throh and/or Sawk;
    I'd leave it alone. LOL. Seriously, I hate them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Capture it and try to milk for as much of a profit as I possibly can (magic shows, Pokemon fortune telling, etc.)

I know a moneymaking opportunity when I see one and that's exactly what a talking Pokemon would be.

Years
  • Let's just say there's going to be alot of legal issues...
    Capture it and try to milk for as much of a profit as I possibly can (magic shows, Pokemon fortune telling, etc.)

I know a moneymaking opportunity when I see one and that's exactly what a talking Pokemon would be.

You can't be that heartless...

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I'll ask it if it wants to travel.
    If it says yes, then I'll catch it and keep it out of it's pokéball so I would have a companion :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    ooo, i'd probably have a deep convosation with it and then let it run free.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Either talk about to it or try and capture it, or both, just at different times. xD I wonder what it would be like to have a conversation with a Pokémon in real life. xD

Back