• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most difficult Pokemon to cosplay as?

Years
  • I'm interested to see what answers this thread will generate.

At my most recent anime convention I saw about 10 Pikachus, every Eevee form, one Sneasel, one Absol, two Charmanders, one Squirtle, one Plusle and Minun, and one MissingNo.

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
    Years
  • if you provide images to the topic i think it would be more useful :) I think non of them would be easy to cosplay since they are monsters :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm gonna go with Archeops. Even if you go through the work of making everything right anatomically, then you have to paint it correctly.

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
  • I've never cosplayed, but I think any of the inanimate object Pokemon would be tough, as well as most of the legendaries, because they have quite elaborate designs. Dialga, Arceus, Genesect...they're hard enough to draw, let alone create an entire outfit and look for.
    The same could be said for Pokemon like Lampent, Weezing, or Metagross.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I never really cosplayed, but I draw and that also gives you a clear view on the anatomy, and I think that Pokémon with a clear distinct anatomy, such as Geodude, would be hard to cosplay. I also think that Chimecho would be pretty hard, since it's just a chime, and isn't really solid. Gastly as well, for that same reason.

Milk

ガットミルク
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I imagine a lapras would be pretty had seeing they would have to crawl to make it work.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I dare anyone to try and cosplay as Porygon-Z.
    Lol yeah you'd have to separate your head for that. But I think one could pull it off with bodypaint - by only emphasizing the parts that Porygon-Z has (e.g. that doesn't include a neck). You could create an optical illusion by painting the insignificant parts a lighter black, or grey that doesn't stand out. But it would still be very hard.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • I do believe Steelix would be quite difficult.

I'm going to have to say one of the weirdly shaped legendary Pokemon such as Rayquaza.

Actually these two, or at least Pokemon of similar shape, sound fun to do the Chinese dragon dance as. You can probably get a friend or two to help out. :)

But yes, I do agree that round-shaped Pokemon and ones with no limbs would be hard to pull off.

Back