• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Let's fly around Unova

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Mistralton City Airport

In Mistralton City you'll notice that there is an airport terminal building (well "cargo service" but it counts as that imo) as well as a landing strip with planes. However, there is actually no flying in-game for your character at least, unlike Skyla who gets her own private plane from the looks of it--anyway!

Questions

1. Share your thoughts and theories on why you think your character can't fly around Unova in the planes that Mistralton has. It sorta doesn't really make sense especially with the terminal being there & the text of the lady in the terminal almost implying she's going to allow you to fly. Yes it says cargo, but that could have easily been changed to allow your character to get the chance to fly.

2. If you could fly in the planes would you actually fly around in them?

3. If you were in control of where these planes would hypothetically fly - where would you allow them to fly to? All over the region, a specific area?

4. If flying around the region did occur would you want it to have a special cutscene - to walk through to the planes and watch them take off or something? Or would you want it to be from how your character would see things anyway?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• 1. Share your thoughts and theories on why you think your character can't fly around Unova in the planes that Mistralton has. It sorta doesn't really make sense especially with the terminal being there & the text of the lady in the terminal almost implying she's going to allow you to fly. Yes it says cargo, but that could have easily been changed to allow your character to get the chance to fly.: You (the player) already have the Fly HM, so there's really no point in flying in a plane when you can fly on a Pokemon.
    2. If you could fly in the planes would you actually fly around in them?: No, not really, because I want to fly around on a Pokemon for a change.
    3. If you were in control of where these planes would hypothetically fly - where would you allow them to fly to? All over the region, a specific area?: All over Unova or to and from other regions.
    4. If flying around the region did occur would you want it to have a special cutscene - to walk through to the planes and watch them take off or something? Or would you want it to be from how your character would see things anyway?: If flying on planes did happen, then I'd like to see that cutscene.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I wish we could fly in those planes, I wouldn't think that it would be restricted to locations in Unova, it could be other places like sevii islands, I don't know that's just an example. Also when entering the plane I think that the player may engage in several battles, like the ships in previous generations.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013

Answers

1. Share your thoughts and theories on why you think your character can't fly around Unova in the planes that Mistralton has. It sorta doesn't really make sense especially with the terminal being there & the text of the lady in the terminal almost implying she's going to allow you to fly. Yes it says cargo, but that could have easily been changed to allow your character to get the chance to fly.
    The Answer to this are quite simple. Those plane are mean only for transporting cargo and plane in pokemon world are used only for flight between regions or districts(yes, I grouped several region into "District". Kanto-Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are District 1). You can fly around with pokemon in a region with no problem whatsoever. But taking a flight directly from Kanto to Unnova, I don't that's a good idea.
    No, I don't want to. Better if they use the resource for more useful gameplay improvement.
    3. If you were in control of where these planes would hypothetically fly - where would you allow them to fly to? All over the region, a specific area?
    To other region or other district
    4. If flying around the region did occur would you want it to have a special cutscene - to walk through to the planes and watch them take off or something? Or would you want it to be from how your character would see things anyway?]
    Anything fine I guess

Nox Masque

Faceless Smile...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    1. Share your thoughts and theories on why you think your Character can't fly around Unova in the planes that Mistralton has. It sorta doesn't really make sense especially with the terminal being there & the text of the lady in the terminal almost implying she's going to allow you to fly. Yes it says cargo, but that could have easily been changed to allow your character to get the chance to fly. Well, what would be the point? You already had fly, so the planes wouldn't really achieve anything beyond what could already be done. I think the entire thing is simply there for story flavour.
    Ugh, no, I've had enough of planes in real-life, let alone in a game. Flying around on a Pokemon seems like something so much more fun.
    EVERYWHERE. It would be nice if, like Skyla had said she'd done, you'd be able to fly to Sinnoh and Kanto.
    4. If flying around the region did occur would you want it to have a special cutscene - to walk through to the planes and watch them take off or something? Or would you want it to be from how your character would see things anyway? A cutscene would be fun... If it were a good one. Far too often have I been disappointed by cutscenes, for instance, many of the Final fantasy ones.
    A HA HA HA. A HA HA HA.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • 1.Mistralton City has the only airport, where else are you going to land?
    2. Oh yes, I love flying games.
    3.I would love to fly to Johto and play through that region. again
    4.I wouldn't mind a cutscene, as long as it wasn't very long and didn't take 10 years to load.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • 1. Share your thoughts and theories on why you think your character can't fly around Unova in the planes that Mistralton has. It sorta doesn't really make sense especially with the terminal being there & the text of the lady in the terminal almost implying she's going to allow you to fly. Yes it says cargo, but that could have easily been changed to allow your character to get the chance to fly.
    Game freak can't be bothered to design the airplane I guess? ='D

Duhh :D That'd be so awesomeeee

Everywhere xDD;

4. If flying around the region did occur would you want it to have a special cutscene - to walk through to the planes and watch them take off or something? Or would you want it to be from how your character would see things anyway?
    CUTSCENEEEEEE 8D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 1. Only one airport in the region and Game Freak didn't have the memory in the game to program Atlanta-Hartsfield airport into the game.
    2. I would much prefer flying in a plane than using the HM. Much safer as you have walls surrounding you. If you lose your balance while on a Pokemon at 25,000 feet, it's all over.
    3. Everywhere. Including major US airports so I could return home xD
    4. Flying cutscene would be cool. It could be of the plane taking off.

BTW, that comment from that NPC, "These planes are only for cargo, Trainers can use Fly with their Pokemon" really ticked me off, for some reason.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It's part of the scenery, but I think it might not hurt if it had any significance. Still... There must be a reason for this. Unova is a small place as is - you'll need to introduce more locations, and that takes more effort for the development team.

Yes... but there's one thing. I wonder how large the world would be?

I think I might want to be able to choose a destination.

It's practically guaranteed. No cutscenes for this kind of thing is really off for the whole presentation.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Share your thoughts and theories on why you think your character can't fly around Unova in the planes that Mistralton has. It sorta doesn't really make sense especially with the terminal being there & the text of the lady in the terminal almost implying she's going to allow you to fly. Yes it says cargo, but that could have easily been changed to allow your character to get the chance to fly.
    Because there's already the Fly feature, so the additional feature wouldn't be of mush use, unless there's a plot in it (like in HG/SS at the ship to Kanto).

If you could fly in the planes would you actually fly around in them?
    No, probably too much cutscenes. Easier to just use Fly. But I might try it once in a while.

If you were in control of where these planes would hypothetically fly - where would you allow them to fly to? All over the region, a specific area?
    Well, unless there's planes in every city (which would be kind of weird) I wouldn't think we would be able to Fly everywhere.

If flying around the region did occur would you want it to have a special cutscene - to walk through to the planes and watch them take off or something? Or would you want it to be from how your character would see things anyway?
    Probably the cutscene with the plane taking off. Sort of like the Magnet Train ride.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I honestly think they didn't include the ability to fly in a plane because they wanted that to be a feature in Pokemon Grey. Either that or the fact that your Pokemon can fly you (almost) anywhere anyway. If it got you to a location which your Pokemon could not, sure. But if it served nothing special, then I'd only really use it when I got bored like I did with the SS. Aqua in HeartGold and stuff like that. They would probably allow you to fly to cities and town as well as maybe remote routes such as Route 18. Of course, I love cutscenes. And I'd want both, I want to fly past some Pidove and stuff :3

Back