• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon smells

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • In the real world every animal has some sort of smell or scent.... some people can notice from far away (I.E. Skunk) some you can only notice when you are close to it (such as a dog or cat sitting on your lap)

If Pokemon existed what would some of the Pokemon out there smell like? (please exclude the ones the Pokedex or in Anime already describe their smells)

List a few Pokemon and their smells and maybe how close you would have to get to the Pokemon to notice their smell.......

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.... plus name a few legendaries as well.... but don't about forget non-legendaries

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Ahh this is a cool thread!

I think that Ditto would smell like silly putty or rubber.

But tbh I think a lot of Pokemon will just smell dirty because they don't take baths really in the wild xD;

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • I don't know, My sense of smell is lousy. I probably would only be able to smell them if they had a strong scent or if I put my face in their fur or whatever they had.

And what that even mean what would they smell like? How are we to even know? I mean, the pokedex says what some of them smell like but you said we aren't allowed to use the Pokedex as reference.

If you mean we should base their scents off what they are based off then this thread is pretty much over.
    Growlithe would smell like burnt dog.
    Meowth would smell like money and cat.
    Ect, ect.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't know, My sense of smell is lousy. I probably would only be able to smell them if they had a strong scent or if I put my face in their fur or whatever they had.

And what that even mean what would they smell like? How are we to even know? I mean, the pokedex says what some of them smell like but you said we aren't allowed to use the Pokedex as reference.

If you mean we should base their scents off what they are based off then this thread is pretty much over.
    Growlithe would smell like burnt dog.
    Meowth would smell like money and cat.
    Ect, ect.

Whoa, no need to be harsh. It's a fun hypothetical thread - what do YOU think a certain Pokemon would smell like? It's not about what's a fact or what can be proven, just what you think. Have some fun with it. :(

I think Mewtwo would smell like formaldehyde or other preserving liquids, since that's what he was raised in. Like a lab. Hm, some others...I think Celebi might smell slightly minty. That's just the idea I get from the art. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Fighting Pokemon would have the smell of body odor (after not taking a bath for extended periods) possibly because of the constant training they do.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Ditto will smell like nothing, since It can transform to anything it wants, it must have a blank smell!
    Muk will smell like mud/rubbish.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Pokemon smells made me think that this is a hating thread...

ANYWAYS, I don't really care what a Pokemon's scent is because if you really love a Pokemon you would adore it whatever smell they'd have. I do think that those Pokemon with Sweet Scent should really have a sweet scent. I mean, they can't use Sweet Scent if they smell like...you know, bad. xD

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Mewtwo was mentioned... I woudn't think you'd be able to smell a Moltres or Reshiram due to the fact that they are insanely hot, taking a sniff of them will burn your lungs :P

I think Pokemon like Tauros and Rapidash smell like farm animals (which is bad in my opinion xD) and Pokemon found in the sea would smell salty, I can imagine a Magikarp smelling like Salmon...

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Spr_3e_289.gif

I've always imagined Slaking to have one of those unbearable, vomit-inducing stenches. For me, it's a mix between two smells:

One: The smell that you can smell directly after PE class, when everybody is sweating profusely.

Two: Morning breath. Which, if you think about it, is simply an extension of fecal scent that has risen through your inner workings.

These two smells would combine to create the most foul, vial, horrible scent.

Last edited:

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    Dugtrio_E.gif

If they don't smell like pure dirt I don't know which one will

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Aggron would smell like metal. Maybe mixed in with dirt or something related due to it's rock typing. Actually, this is probably for most metal-types minus the dirt.

I'm curious with how an electric-type would smell though. Like Electabuzz... No scent I suppose? Maybe gasoline or coal or machinery because it just hangs out at power plants.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Tropius would probably smell like fresh fruit since it has it on it's neck.
    Saybleye would smell like minerals since it eats them.
    I get a weird feeling that Raticate smells like hay, I don't know why.
    Regigigas probably smells like a mixture of dirt and grass due to it being in a ruin and it has bushes on it's head.

Back