• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Great Pokemon gift?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    I'm participating in a Secret Santa on a website called reddit and the person who I am supposed to send gifts to is interested in Pokemon. I don't know much about pokemon but I thought about maybe sending some rare cards such as the shining charzard but its too expensive. Do you guys have any ideas for some gifts the person will appreciate (not common or something they probably already have) thats not too expensive. I'd like to spend around $50 or less but could go up to $75. thanks.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    If he has DS, buy Black or White to him. Or meaby Diamond, Pearl or Platinum? Also Pokémon DVD's are great gift too. And don't forget other merchandise too such as bags and toys.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • I'm participating in a Secret Santa on a website called reddit and the person who I am supposed to send gifts to is interested in Pokemon. I don't know much about pokemon but I thought about maybe sending some rare cards such as the shining charzard but its too expensive. Do you guys have any ideas for some gifts the person will appreciate (not common or something they probably already have) thats not too expensive. I'd like to spend around $50 or less but could go up to $75. thanks.

Depending on how much he likes Pokemon, you could buy him a plush. I'm 21 (never too old for a Poke-plushie) and recently spend $65 to import a Plush from the Tokyo Pokemon store. It's a pit pricey, but it's something he probably won't have. Just find out what his favorite Pokemon is. Even if he already has one, a plush is something different from any other ordainment. I bought mine off of eBay.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
  • A lot of people like Pokemon dolls and plushies! You could also give a used game or maybe a Pokemon activity book? At least that is what I would take, but I don't know? Do you know what kind of Pokemon gifts the person likes?
    43h7r5d.gif

Years
  • I'm participating in a Secret Santa on a website called reddit and the person who I am supposed to send gifts to is interested in Pokemon. I don't know much about pokemon but I thought about maybe sending some rare cards such as the shining charzard but its too expensive. Do you guys have any ideas for some gifts the person will appreciate (not common or something they probably already have) thats not too expensive. I'd like to spend around $50 or less but could go up to $75. thanks.

If your friend has a DS on hand, get him Black or White - they are great games and I enjoyed Black a lot.

Or if they are more interested in other merchandise, try a DVD or a plushie or figurine. Just ask your friend what his/her fave Pokemon is.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Well, the above people already said what I was going to say for the most part. Plushies are a safe-way to go. But you could try Pikachu Slippers!

Spoiler:

Holidaze

Celestial Daze's Holiday Alt.
    Years
  • Well, yeah mostly plushies,slippers or new games.
    You could alternatively; if you want to go for a more nostalgic approach try to buy an used Gameboy with one of the old games.
    Given the time it won't be too price-y(it can be,but is should not)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Note that if this person is interested in Pokemon, they likely already have Black or White if they have a DS. Not a given but certainly possible. Either find that out for sure (without giving yourself away as the secret santa, I suggest =p), or go with what other people suggested - plushies. Bonus points if it's of a Pokemon they like as well. But usually there's a lot of those to find online I imagine and far less likely that the person already has that specific one too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    okay. he says his top three are Bulbasaur, Dugtrio and Snorlax. do you have a link to the japanese store? I couldn't find it on google. I'm thinking im going to go with the plushy and my friend has some shining cards he might let me have. I'll see.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • okay. he says his top three are Bulbasaur, Dugtrio and Snorlax. do you have a link to the japanese store? I couldn't find it on google. I'm thinking im going to go with the plushy and my friend has some shining cards he might let me have. I'll see.

I bought mine off of eBay, but you can find them at a lot of online retailers. If you want a Pokemon Center (aka Japanese Plush) then eBay is probably your best and safest route.

Here is a PokeCenter Bulbasaur for reference : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Po...ultDomain_0&hash=item336e800978#ht_2413wt_905

Back