• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A really long introduction appeared!

ALICEProject

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
Years
  • So, basically right, basically, right, basically. I don't talk like that. BAD START. I was looking around on the interwebs, for Pokémon ('Dats right, I use é) hacks, I say hacks, can you call them hacks? We'll call them hacks. Anywho: And I 'stumbled' upon this place. I haven't been lurking for weeks on end, I tend not to lurk, I just sign up /o/

So that's really the only reason I'm here, but we'll see where I else I venture to It's not minecraft damnit. About me, let's introduce me. Well, I'm on a similar website, lemme link it up OHS WAITS, i CAN'T. (It's VocaloidOtaku if anyone is familiar with it?) So I'm familiar with the sites layout.

About me and Pokémon!

Yes, the bit you've all been waiting for, Why are you even here, I'm not interesting.... I started all the way back on the original gold, the color. Old school!! Well, it wasn't my copy. My brother gave me it as he was finished with it, and I was like "Oooh, the case is gold :3" So I started playing. And being about 5, I was confused as hell. Like, the bit after you get the HM Cut, I had no idea where to go. So I just, what I now call, grinded for about a year and a half. Ladies love my Feraligator.

After that, I bought all the titles. No, like all the titles. Apart from other ones on color. Eugh, no brightness is kinda awkward. When I got my GBA, I got Ruby. It was like, a whole new experience at my age, new Pokeémon, new environment, I was stunned, so I went out and bought Sapphire after finishing Ruby and I was like "Oooh -3- I understand both games now" But then 'it' came. It being Emerald. Emerald was released and I was debating whether to get it. I got it. I played it. I loved it. It 'twas awesome.

After the GBA era, I got myself a DS, and Diamond. And then the same thing happened. I finished it, got Pearl, finished that, awaited Platinum, got Platinum, and then nearly died with overwhelming happiness. Wait...no I didn't.

Oh yeah, I got Heart Gold, and Soul Silver as well. Yeah. Prefer the originals. So anywho, now I'm saving up money for a slightly late Black/White copy. Because I wait for the hype to finish, then kick it off again.

About me other than Pokémon

Nice layout for the win~ I'm into the following really;

• Anime/Manga
    • Vocaloid(s)
    • Drawing & stuffs
    • Music in general, minus rap. I hate it. With a burning passion.
    • The Hunger Games. (Oh my, the film was amazing. Like, stop reading this, and go watch it)
    • The Sky. (Yeah, I like the night sky more, something to look at)
    • Keyboard (the instrument..)
    I think that's it?
    Well, thank you for reading this :3
    (Sorry if I'm way to casual. It's just, I've been on the other site since '10 and I'm like this anyway. So, like, sorry)

Working on a set now, by the way, I'm kinda good at making avatars and things, forgot to mention that!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Hiya AliceProject... Alice? :>
    Welcome to PC!

Oh my, that was an awesome introduction. At first I read that first sentence thinking "Do wat" but then I realized you were just kidding. x]

Sounds like you definitely know your way around the Pokemon games. I think you'll enjoy Black/White. Those two were great additions to the Poke series, and they changed a lot up to where it felt like a full on new Pokemon game with all new Pokemon.
    I'm not sure if you're aware or not but Black 2 and White 2 were recently announced, which they're sequels to Black/White. You probably wouldn't want to spoil the game, but there's a lot of discussion and speculation going on in the black/white section about the games while we await more information/the release. It's kinda fun! Almost like waiting for a holiday or something. x]

Also, I see you're into art. You should post in the art section sometime! I'd love to see some of your work.

Cheers!
    I hope you have fun, and welcome aboard.

ALICEProject

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
    Years
  • Alice because there are so many names in so many different things beginning with Alice.
    In one of my favorite animes, Pandora Hearts, one of the main characters is Alice. In Touhou, another game I like, my favorite character is Alice. I love Alice in Wonderland. You sensing a pattern? <:

Why thank you ^-^

I'll make sure to stay clear of the Black/White section for the time being, until I play it, I don't like spoilers. They...spoil stuff. So I'll get the game, or both, depending if I'm not broke, then I'll get Black/White2!

Art section. I'm tempted to drift into there now, I have a thread...else where on another site filled with my drawings, so I can go grab all my stuff from there! *heads over there and grabs drawings*

Thank you Cello~
    I'll be sure to have fun!

*runs to Roleplaying and Art threads :3*

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • A really long reply to "a really long introduction" appeared!

So, basically right, basically, right, basically. I don't talk like that. BAD START. I was looking around on the interwebs, for Pokémon ('Dats right, I use é) hacks, I say hacks, can you call them hacks? We'll call them hacks. Anywho: And I 'stumbled' upon this place. I haven't been lurking for weeks on end, I tend not to lurk, I just sign up /o/

So that's really the only reason I'm here, but we'll see where I else I venture to It's not minecraft damnit. About me, let's introduce me. Well, I'm on a similar website, lemme link it up OHS WAITS, i CAN'T. (It's VocaloidOtaku if anyone is familiar with it?) So I'm familiar with the sites layout.

About me and Pokémon!
    Yes, the bit you've all been waiting for, Why are you even here, I'm not interesting.... I started all the way back on the original gold, the color. Old school!! Well, it wasn't my copy. My brother gave me it as he was finished with it, and I was like "Oooh, the case is gold :3" So I started playing. And being about 5, I was confused as hell. Like, the bit after you get the HM Cut, I had no idea where to go. So I just, what I now call, grinded for about a year and a half. Ladies love my Feraligator.

After that, I bought all the titles. No, like all the titles. Apart from other ones on color. Eugh, no brightness is kinda awkward. When I got my GBA, I got Ruby. It was like, a whole new experience at my age, new Pokeémon, new environment, I was stunned, so I went out and bought Sapphire after finishing Ruby and I was like "Oooh -3- I understand both games now" But then 'it' came. It being Emerald. Emerald was released and I was debating whether to get it. I got it. I played it. I loved it. It 'twas awesome.

After the GBA era, I got myself a DS, and Diamond. And then the same thing happened. I finished it, got Pearl, finished that, awaited Platinum, got Platinum, and then nearly died with overwhelming happiness. Wait...no I didn't.

Oh yeah, I got Heart Gold, and Soul Silver as well. Yeah. Prefer the originals. So anywho, now I'm saving up money for a slightly late Black/White copy. Because I wait for the hype to finish, then kick it off again.

About me other than Pokémon
    Nice layout for the win~ I'm into the following really;

• Anime/Manga
    • Vocaloid(s)
    • Drawing & stuffs
    • Music in general, minus rap. I hate it. With a burning passion.
    • The Hunger Games. (Oh my, the film was amazing. Like, stop reading this, and go watch it)
    • The Sky. (Yeah, I like the night sky more, something to look at)
    • Keyboard (the instrument..)
    I think that's it?
    Well, thank you for reading this :3
    (Sorry if I'm way to casual. It's just, I've been on the other site since '10 and I'm like this anyway. So, like, sorry)

Working on a set now, by the way, I'm kinda good at making avatars and things, forgot to mention that!

Wow...well, let's begin! >.<

I have a feeling that the length of your posts will begin to rival my own posts on PokeCommunity. Great introduction. XD

Awesome that you actually bother to use the "é" as opposed to "e" in when writing "Pokémon". As for myself, I try to use the é whenever possible (essays, when editing online encyclopedias, and other pieces of text where I'm trying to be "proper"/official). And the practice of not using it in online encyclopedic texts is one of my pet peeves (mostly on TVTropes, it seems); some of my edits on there are solely dedicated to replacing improper "e"s with "é"s. I'm much more lax about it on forums, especially since the word "Pokémon/Pokemon" is used so much on here that copying-and-pasting it each time I want to use it in a post would be somewhat cumbersome and time-consuming. @_@ If it happens to conveniently be on my computer's clipboard at the time, then I'll go ahead and use it in forum posts. To those individuals like you who do manage to use it with frequency on forums and such, props!

LOL at the "Oooh, the case is gold!" remark. XD I did the same thing when I got the obscure Nintendo 64 game Rocket: Robot On Wheels, particularly because the cartridge was red and stood out among a swath of gray cartridges. Pokemon Stadium 2, which someone let me have, also comes to mind with its nifty and admirable gold-and-silver cartridge coloration.

So, from the looks of it, it seems you "officially" got engaged with the Pokémon games in Generation 3? That's about the same time I did as well - I was somewhat familiar with the Generation 1 and 2 games and began watching the Pokémon anime during the first season, but Pokémon Sapphire Version was what hooked me into the game series. And the Secret Base feature was the main thing that enthralled me, of all things...

LOL about your dilemma with Pokémon Emerald Version. Same thing happened with me while I had Sapphire Version. (Un-)fortunately, I had lost my second copy of Sapphire (had lost my first Sapphire copy long ago)roughly by the time Emerald was released, so I just opted to get Emerald instead of a third copy of Sapphire. And yes, I still love it; IIRC, I have at least 800-900 hours logged on my current save file. XD I take it that you'll be supporting the cause for remakes of Ruby/Sapphire as well, ALICEProject? :)

I hope you have fun with Black/White Version(s) when you get it/them. And as Cello mentioned, Black Version 2/White Version 2 were announced recently, so you'll have to make preparations for those games as well. :cer_laugh:

One of my friends on RuneScape has introduced me to a few Vocaloid songs, several of them have been great... As for your interests in art, the Art section here on PokeCommunity would be a great fit for you, as Cello mentioned. And I'll read/watch The Hunger Games as you and a few others have suggested...eventually. XD

So I'm going to end this here... >.> In any case, welcome to the forums, ALICEProject!

ALICEProject

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
    Years
  • Wow...well, let's begin! >.<

I have a feeling that the length of your posts will begin to rival my own posts on PokeCommunity. Great introduction. XD

Awesome that you actually bother to use the "é" as opposed to "e" in when writing "Pokémon". As for myself, I try to use the é whenever possible (essays, when editing online encyclopedias, and other pieces of text where I'm trying to be "proper"/official). And the practice of not using it in online encyclopedic texts is one of my pet peeves; some of my edits on there are solely dedicated to replacing improper "e"s with "é"s. I'm much more lax about it on forums, especially since the word "Pokémon/Pokemon" is used so much on here that copying-and-pasting it each time I want to use it in a post would be somewhat cumbersome and time-consuming. @_@ If it happens to conveniently be on my computer's clipboard at the time, then I'll go ahead and use it in forum posts. To those individuals like you who do manage to use it with frequency on forums and such, props!

LOL at the "Oooh, the case is gold!" remark. XD I did the same thing when I got the obscure Nintendo 64 game Rocket: Robot On Wheels, particularly because the cartridge was red and stood out among a swath of gray cartridges. Pokemon Stadium 2, which someone let me have, also comes to mind with its nifty and admirable gold-and-silver cartridge coloration.

So, from the looks of it, it seems you "officially" got engaged with the Pokémon games in Generation 3? That's about the same time I did as well - I was somewhat familiar with the Generation 1 and 2 games and began watching the Pokémon anime during the first season, but Pokémon Sapphire Version was what hooked me into the game series. And the Secret Base feature was the main thing that enthralled me, of all things...

LOL about your dilemma with Pokémon Emerald Version. Same thing happened with me while I had Sapphire Version. (Un-)fortunately, I had lost my second copy of Sapphire (had lost my first Sapphire copy long ago)roughly by the time Emerald was released, so I just opted to get Emerald instead of a third copy of Sapphire. And yes, I still love it; IIRC, I have at least 800-900 hours logged on my current save file. XD I take it that you'll be supporting the cause for remakes of Ruby/Sapphire as well, ALICEProject? :)

I hope you have fun with Black/White Version(s) when you get it/them. And as Cello mentioned, Black Version 2/White Version 2 were announced recently, so you'll have to make preparations for those games as well. :cer_laugh:

One of my friends on RuneScape has introduced me to a few Vocaloid songs, several of them have been great... As for your interests in art, the Art section here on PokeCommunity would be a great fit for you, as Cello mentioned. And I'll read/watch The Hunger Games as you and a few others have suggested...eventually. XD

So I'm going to end this here... >.> In any case, welcome to the forums, ALICEProject!

The length of that post was extraordinary. I can never compete with it.

Mission Start. Challenge Accepted.

Let us begin u.u
    I always try to use the é whenever I remember, but sometimes when I'm typing extremely quickly, as like now, I tend to miss it out, and also make quite a lot of spelling mistakes. Also jealous of your ability to link. I'm still a noob, so it won't let me...damnzit! It kinda drives me insane when people don't use the é as when I saw the title/logo for Pokémon it has the é in the title, so why don't people use it? It's the correct way to write/type the title of it! Graghgha! I don't go as far as correcting people on it in quotes though, I don't think it'll help them..."Hey look, I corrected your spelling of the show, next time...get it right or die.

I did it with any game with a different color case. But back then, it only seemed to be Pokémon games who would actually bother with it. If I remember correctly, Silver was...Silver, Gold was, well gold, Saphire, Ruby and Emerald were their corresponding colors. They made the effort. But 'Other Games' didn't make the effort. I'm just wondering if they'll make the effort on any 3/DS games to change their color of the cartridge (is it even a cartridge? I think it is!)

I started watching the anime around the 'May Arc' as I like to call it. The only female character in a Pokémon (nearly typed PKMN then...I don't even know why) I gained emotions for. That emotion when she left on the boat. And eight year old can't deal with that sort of emotion! I think I was like "MAAAAY, I...DON'T LEAVEEE! WE'LL GET SOME CHARACTER LIKE....*looks around...Keeps looking...points at Dawn* WE'LL GET SOME CHARACTER LIKE HER!" And we did get a Dawn, so I tuned out. Now...Well now I just keep re watching those old May episodes...Good times...Good times.

It's a funny story about the whole Emerald thing, I did actually get it without thinking: In a crap shop in Turkey. I went there on holiday, and we went out for dinner. So as we were walking I saw a banner, with Rayquaza on it, and I was like "MUM! LOOK! IT'S RAYQUAZA!" I got the typical, "That's nice dear" reply. But after about 10 minutes of arguing, I finally got it. It was cheap. Too cheap. It wouldn't save.
    So all I could do, was the same bits over and over again. So that's what caused me to think long and hard about getting a full version copy. It was like one of those demo's that restarts after a certain point. So after about a year of playing the first 3 hours of the game, I got the full copy, which made me a really happy bunny!

I am 100% for the remakes of Ruby/Saphire, With the new graphics, it looks stunning, so I can't think of a reason not to remake them.

heehee, thank you for your welcoming. So far you all seem really friendly and nice. Like Ditto's...before they...you know...copy you...and then you realize it's a level 100 ditto...and you're only level 50...and then...and then...well, that's a suppressed memory, I better not bring it up...

Years
  • Hi ALICEProject! I might just call you Alice for short.

You seem to have a lot of interests, and seeing as you love The Hunger Games, we have a fanclub that might interest you.

Click here to go to The Hunger Games Club

So May was your fave of Ash's female traveling companions? My fave is Dawn.

I think Cello has already shown you some things, so go on and look around!

- Hikari10

Years
  • That introduction was really something! You seem like a lovely person from what I've read, and I can totally agree on the Gameboy Colour not having brightness, it used to annoy me so much!

Also, Emerald was one of my favourite games, I played it for hours on end and I just couldn't get over how awesome it was, it had me hooked! But then at the end when you had to face the battle frontier my game just decided to derp on me and crashed, I was heart broken. :-(

Have you by any chance watched Lucky Star or Ouran High School Host Club? I think those were my two favourite Anime's, and I used to love drawing (especially when I had my tablet, I was on PaintSAI all. the. time. Literally.).

Anyhoo, if you want somebody to talk to I'm here! PC has an awesome community and tons of stuff to do so you won't be bored :--) Enjoy!

Years
  • Hi there and welcome to PC! Wow... I feel like I need to take a deep breath before even attempting to write this.. :P Well glad to see you finding us and wanting to join! Ohh those were sure the good time.. first and second gen were great ones to play. Ha I can soemwhat realte as the first time i played Red i was stuck in the first room for about 15 mins. :P Emerald was a great game as well, I still need to beat the battle frontier fully to this day. :P I still havnt played platinum and 5th gen yet.. really got to get on that soon. I like anime/ manga every now and then, can't draw to save my life, musics always nice, hunger games havnt read or seen yet, sky is just too cool, and I can't play instruments at all except for clarinet. :) Ok i think i can breathe in now... alright im good. :P Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope you like it here, and hope to see you around! :)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Long introduction indeed! But that doesn't matter ~. Long introductions are nice! Welcome to PC I hope you stay active here and I hope you enjoy your stay! ^^

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Wow, cool introduction! Seems to me you've got the hang of it already! Anyway, I also started with Gold and it was not my copy also. It's my classmate's copy. until now, I have not returned it. And he probably have forgotten about it already. However, unlike you, I learned what to do afterwards. :P though I got stuck at Euckreteak (how do you spell that town?) since my Meganium can't really get past Morty. Oh well, restart. Me and my typhlosion went away happy.

afterwards, I also got all the copy. But I lost my 1st gen- 3rd gen copy of the games. I just resort to roms right now. sigh. Platinum is my most favorite game! yours?

We have conflicting music tastes. I love Rap, like it really is my genre. Eminem, Tupac, The Lonely Island. Yeah. Love it.

anyway, see you around PC! Have fun!

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
    Years
  • O_o..THAT.WAS.HUGE. -->and the best introduction I 've ever read in a forum ( and trust me I 've read many) So, welcome to PC!! I hope you have a really good time here!

hehe it's like I see u right before my eyes now exclaiming "wow it's gold" coz...when I got my first I was about 6 at the time and it was Yellow Version so I was like " lol look mum pikachu is soooo fat *hugs*" so..yeah..well...:) I also remember that I really didn't know english very well back then so imagine a six year old finishing the game without actually having understand anything..and finding HM SURF..what a pain!!!
    Anyway I see we have much in common ( art and stuff, manga- anime, rap hate,keyboard( I play the piano but I guess it still applies)etc) and judging by the way you write I take it you talk faster even than me XD ( finally found someone :P)
    If you ever want to talk I'm heere!!
    see you around :3

Back