• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova 2 years later...

Do you love this new version of the Unova Region?

• Yes

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
In the May CoroCoro issue, many things have been revealed about Unova itself. It was also said that this version's Unova takes place 2 years after B/W.

Bulbanews said:
1. The northern and eastern parts of Unova have been covered by this ice, and Opelucid City is just on the border of being covered.

2. There appear to be cave entrances to the glacier.

3. There are two new towns and at least on new route to the southwest.

4. The road between Castelia City and Nimbasa City is complete.

5. A new building has been added to the front of Nimbasa City, and a new area to the east of the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel.

6. Driftveil City's lighthouse is gone, and several craters have appeared in the city.

7. There is now a settlement on Route 4

8. Liberty Garden is now shown of the official artwork of the map, and appears to have been revamped.

9. The construction zone and Freezing Container south of Driftveil are both gone.

10. There is a section taken out of the side of the mountain in eastern Unova, and there are several buildings here.

11. Challenger's Cave has disappeared.

12. The Entralink's moat is now dry, and the inner area has changed.

13. The new starting city is Hiougi City, located in the south-west of the map.

So... What are your thoughts about Unova, 2 years later?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It looks cool, and sounds a bit distopic... what caused those crater's in Driefveil...
I wonder if Victini will no longer be present in Liberty island...

marcc5m

what
Years
It looks cool, and sounds a bit distopic... what caused those crater's in Driefveil...
I wonder if Victini will no longer be present in Liberty island...

I was thinking this may be a meteor shower or something, since Kyurem came from space, but it being in B/W kinda goes against that :x

But anyway, the most surprising one imo is Challanger's Cave...was sure there was going to be something there...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
It seems okay. Not what I expected, but pretty much okay. The only thing that bothjers me is...

NEW STARTING TOWN???

yes.

blue

gucci
Years
I originally stated that I thought Route 4 would be constructed and by the sounds of things looks like it is! I also love the new city.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wonder what their reasons behind those changes are. Like for example, how can you just remove Challenger's Cave? irl, I mean, if that happened irl, what'd the reason for that be, etc. As for everything else, it all just seems interesting. I reaaaally can't wait to find out more. XD;

Years
I didn't notice that Route 4 had been completed, though I'd always thought that would be an obvious choice for something new in a sequel game. That should make things different enough when going to old locations. New buildings and changes to the terrain just for the sake of something different seem like good enough reasons to me.

blue

gucci
Years
These games should drum up a wide range of speculation because really there is so much to speculate about with so little information, there's clearly a purpose for these games being set 2 years later, will N return older, will Ghetsis have an involvement?

ceremony

rah rah
Years
I wonder how they'll deal with this "two years later" gimmick. I mean, the character has supposedly caught all the legends two years ago, and caught Kyruem, but now there's another Kyruem, and it has different forms now?

Or is "the trainer two years ago didn't catch any of the legendaries at all" the canon situation?

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I see that this being sequels....nah, wouldn't be a main series Pokemon game without catching some legendaries, sequels be damned.

Things are a lot more mature in the Unova region, while being more advanced than the original! Underwater, walkable tunnels? Nice....

I really want to see how much, if at all, Castelia City has changed. being from NYC, it's my favorite city in any Pokemon game... :p

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2012
According to those same scans, the unova dex will now also include several of the older pokemon such as Lapras, Arcanine and others. This fixes one of the problems I had with Black and White, which was no older pokemon until after the elite four. Hopefully they also put gym rematches back in.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
According to those same scans, the unova dex will now also include several of the older pokemon such as Lapras, Arcanine and others. This fixes one of the problems I had with Black and White, which was no older pokemon until after the elite four. Hopefully they also put gym rematches back in.

BW had 156 new Pokemon in thier regional Pokedex, so not having older Pokemon to catch before the Elite Four was already elborated on...

Gym Rematches I expected to be in BW and was bummed it wasn't implemented, so I hope it does for BW2 as well.

blue

gucci
Years
I never expected it to be this altered, there's new cities, gyms, characters everything! It actually makes it worth buying.

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
If parts of it are actually frozen, then not. If they aren't, then yes because it has more locations.

Years
I wonder how they'll deal with this "two years later" gimmick. I mean, the character has supposedly caught all the legends two years ago, and caught Kyruem, but now there's another Kyruem, and it has different forms now?

Or is "the trainer two years ago didn't catch any of the legendaries at all" the canon situation?

I'm pretty sure there are multiple legendaries out there. Most of them have appeared in some form outside their respective games, so it's entirely possible that this isn't that same Kyurem.

...or maybe it is? Hmm...

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Is it that....Game Freak is more focused on the story behind the 2 years later Unova (and subsequent role of the major characters) than ever? BW tried that with the Team Plasma thing and all, but the region itself left a lot mysteries.

A more story-driven game...LE GASP!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Canon wise Hilbert/Hilda and N only catch Reshiram/Zekrom and nothing else. All the other Legends are open to catch.

LordSalamence

The Elite trainer
Years
Does anybody of you remind the giant chasm,nuvema town,and the pokemon league.maybe there will be two kyurems one doesn't make any sense to me.

Back