• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova 2 years later...

Do you love this new version of the Unova Region?

• Yes

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was just looking at the map... what's on the other side of the desert we can't reach? Why can't we reach it? It just seems kinda weird that it was larger in BW and now it's suddenly smaller, as in where we can access. What'd they do with the resort? ;;

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I was just looking at the map... what's on the other side of the desert we can't reach? Why can't we reach it? It just seems kinda weird that it was larger in BW and now it's suddenly smaller, as in where we can access. What'd they do with the resort? ;;

Maybe two years of constant construction, tourism, and environmental change caused the resort to crumble away. To be fair, it was on the verge of being a lost cause.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    These games should drum up a wide range of speculation because really there is so much to speculate about with so little information, there's clearly a purpose for these games being set 2 years later, will N return older, will Ghetsis have an involvement?
    Emphasis on "so much". We've never had anything done like this before (I don't really count GSC) and it really amazes me how well it's being done. At least for what we know.

So, Unova 2 years later. I'm really excited to see how this all works out. I expect to hear a lot about past Unova and lots of information of how it is now from different characters in the story. Being only 2 years later, I hope the previous protagonists still live in Nuvema town and we get to see them as small guest appearances.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Emphasis on "so much". We've never had anything done like this before (I don't really count GSC) and it really amazes me how well it's being done. At least for what we know.

So, Unova 2 years later. I'm really excited to see how this all works out. I expect to hear a lot about past Unova and lots of information of how it is now from different characters in the story. Being only 2 years later, I hope the previous protagonists still live in Nuvema town and we get to see them as small guest appearances.

I much prefer the idea of the final gym being there (I...forgot who mentioned it, though I have a feeling it was Touj), rather than the first protagonists being found there. Somewhere else, sure, but I'd rather that the town itself grew over the last 2 years.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

I much prefer the idea of the final gym being there (I...forgot who mentioned it, though I have a feeling it was Touj), rather than the first protagonists being found there. Somewhere else, sure, but I'd rather that the town itself grew over the last 2 years.
    But why? Having the final gym there seems out of place. The protagonist took their first steps out of that town with their rivals, and it was a touching moment. Nuvema seems like the only place for them to be in.

I understand where you come from with all the town/city development after 2 years, but if Nuvema stayed the same I think it would be more nostalgic and like "home".

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well since they're covered in forestry in B/W, I'd like to say that over the 2 years they started cutting it down to build these towns/cities. I'm sure GameFreak would want people to see it that way too, if anything. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd say they weren't always there tbh. Just looking at the forest, there is no way there could've been life there before. What I'm wondering though is why they decided to expand east?

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I wonder how they'll deal with this "two years later" gimmick. I mean, the character has supposedly caught all the legends two years ago, and caught Kyruem, but now there's another Kyruem, and it has different forms now?

Or is "the trainer two years ago didn't catch any of the legendaries at all" the canon situation?

The trainer in Black / White only technically caught Reshiram / Zekrom. In Black 2 / White 2, Kyurem is going to be the legend.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't know how slow I am, but it just occurred to me that Black and White was released in Japan two years ago, so having Unova take place two years later (even in real life!) is so accurate. 8)

I'm expecting to hear a lot about the changes in Unova via different characters in the game. If Bianca doesn't make an appearance, I think I'm going to be a little disappointed. I'd like to see if she matured after two years.

Back