• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rpg Maker xp closes! Help

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    I have a bad problem. I know i shouldn't post it here but i don't have any other choice... My RPG Maker xp closes as soon as i open it. It has a red border around it and it just closes without any error message. I open it, it works for like 5-10 seconds and closes.. Does anyone knows solution?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Did you try looking at the official website's page for the product? How about the "System Requirements" tab?

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/product/rpg-maker-xp

If your computer does not meet the minimum requirements, you are out of luck. Plus, that whole series of products require that their corresponding RTP (Run Time Package) is installed. It's not required for redistribution, however, it is required for successful startup.

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    I have a bad problem. I know i shouldn't post it here but i don't have any other choice... My RPG Maker xp closes as soon as i open it. It has a red border around it and it just closes without any error message. I open it, it works for like 5-10 seconds and closes.. Does anyone knows solution?

Some more information would be welcome. Which OS do you use? What was the error message (if given)?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Some more information would be welcome. Which OS do you use? What was the error message (if given)?
    Some more information would be more helpful, however, if you read the entire post, they said that upon startup of the program, it would close after five seconds or so with no error message.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    yea, the problem is, i have a good computer, i installed my RPG Maker xp years ago and it worked, i havent run it a long time ago so i decided to return to Pokemon game making and now this happens.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Odd...

yea, the problem is, i have a good computer, i installed my RPG Maker xp years ago and it worked, i havent run it a long time ago so i decided to return to Pokemon game making and now this happens.
    Well, I find it a bit odd your username is PokemonEssentials (someone's project/creation, the fact that you didn't make it and/or help produce it) , however, that is irrelevant. Anyway, you must specify much more information for anyone to help you. Here, I want you to fill this out, then maybe I can give you some troubleshooting tips. Please be as descriptive as possible.

*Computer Specifications Chart*
    -Operating System=
    -Service Pack=
    -.NET Frameworks currently installed=
    -RAM=
    -Processor=
    -GPU=
    -Any other information that would contribute to solving your dilemma=

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016

Well, I find it a bit odd your username is PokemonEssentials (someone's project/creation, the fact that you didn't make it and/or help produce it) , however, that is irrelevant. Anyway, you must specify much more information for anyone to help you. Here, I want you to fill this out, then maybe I can give you some troubleshooting tips. Please be as descriptive as possible.

*Computer Specifications Chart*
    -Operating System=
    -Service Pack=
    -.NET Frameworks currently installed=
    -RAM=
    -Processor=
    -GPU=
    -Any other information that would contribute to solving your dilemma=
    lol my username has nothing to do with anything i just made that up in a hurry.

OS- 64 Windows 7
    Service Pack 1
    RAM= 2gb
    Processor= Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz

I reinstalled RPG Maker XP and still the same thing. i think i'll just give up though i hate to give up.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Solution

lol my username has nothing to do with anything i just made that up in a hurry.

OS- 64 Windows 7
    Service Pack 1
    RAM= 2gb
    Processor= Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz

I reinstalled RPG Maker XP and still the same thing. i think i'll just give up though i hate to give up.
    After analyzing your computer specifications, I have but one conclusion...

RMXP doesn't like Windows 7 very well (I still run XP due to many compatibility issues). I found some helpful info that may be of some use.

ForeverZer0 said:
    Here is a 100% sure way to do this. I have personally done it at least 20 times, and it has worked every time. I have Windows 7 x64, so I can say this with certainty. I see all sorts of complicated ways of people doing this, and they still have problems.

• Make sure you have RMXP uninstalled, if want to clear any license data, open your registry editor ("regedit" in the Start menu search box) and erase these keys: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Protexis" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Protexis"
    • Get your RMXP installer. I suggest an older one. Enterbrain changed the authentication process. Here is a link to one of the older installers: http://dl.dropbox.co...0Maker%20XP.zip
    • BEFORE running it, right-click the installer ("SetupMenu.exe"), and got to Properties -> Compatibility and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
    • Select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the dropdown. Service Pack 3 works as well, I have used both, but number 2 is the common convention for some reason.
    • Run the installer as admin, install the RTP, and then the program.
    • Do the same with the program once it is installed before you run it, then run it as admin.
    • Enter you license information.
    • Go back to the properties of RPGXP.exe, and now uncheck the compatibility box. This makes it so that you don't need to run as admin every time you use it. The admin and compatibility stuff is only for gathering and creating the license information, once its in there, your good to go.
    Google is your friend. I highly suggest to any members to do a quick Google search before asking a question in an entire thread itself. It took me about 10 seconds to find this solution myself. So, do tell if this worked for you.

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    RMXP doesn't like Windows 7 very well
    That is not true. I've used RMXP on 4 different computers, two of which had Win7 Ultimate x64 as OS, the third having Home Premium x64 and the last one Home Premium x32. I have never had any problems with RPG Maker XP while running it in compatibility mode for XP SP2.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • That is not true. I've used RMXP on 4 different computers, two of which had Win7 Ultimate x64 as OS, the third having Home Premium x64 and the last one Home Premium x32. I have never had any problems with RPG Maker XP while running it in compatibility mode for XP SP2.
    I am not so sure. Your key words are "compatibility mode". That is discussed in my previous post. You only have to try the other steps if it isn't working for you, in this case, not working for PokemonEssentials. Besides, search Google for "rmxp win 7 x64 problem" and you'll see what I mean. Just because it works for some, doesn't mean it works for all. In which circumstances, I have provided alternate tips for getting RMXP to work on Windows 7.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    Okay i will try your solution now Musketeer.

Nope it doesnt work. Still the same result every time.

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Okay i will try your solution now Musketeer.

Nope it doesnt work. Still the same result every time.
    Alright, in this case, I would contact Enterbrain with details regarding your issue. Or you could search Google some more, but I highly suggest contacting customer support for their official steps (if any). Literally, running the program in compatibility mode and/or using an older version of RMXP should've fixed the problem. I cannot help you any further, unfortunately. Sorry.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe is antivirus that is closing it, try to disable it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    Thanks FL. Your solution did it..:D.. Avast was the one blocking it, the red border was Avast trying to block it becauser it was running in his sandbox.. Thanks now i can go back to my Pokemon game.

Back