• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mysteries

blue

gucci
Years
Funny, I watched a video about this last night and it certainly has some oddities too it, I'm not sure if it's what Nintendo intended but it's still interesting to speculate.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This sounds more like a generalized topic that can apply to more than the games, so I'll move this to Pokemon General.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
I do think Pokemon die. In Pokemon Emeral, Ruby, Saphire, Gold, Silver , etc. there are graves of Pokemon. In Gold and Silver, there are people in front of graves sobbing and saying all these things about their Pokemon. Also, in the Pokemon Manga Reds Adventures, there is a scene (at the ending) which shows Red and Blue cutting an Arbok in half, which also counts as a kill.

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
Years
Yes, I always thought they die as well. There is the Celestial tower in Black/White, and the grave-sites from the previous generations as stated above^

Plus, if pokemon didn't die, Ninetales's longevity would be pointlessly stated in the pokedex.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
^True and good point there
If Pokemon also never died, the Pokemon Lucario Movie wouldn't have much of a war (as shown in the prologue and past memories of Lucario). It would also be like a world full of immortal creatures, which could also increase the population rapidly.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Well, of course they die. I don't know why there's a question about that. I mean, I get that it can be confusing since your Pokemon don't die in the game but hey, when has a video game been completely accurate to real life (especially in an RPG).

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Pokemon Die however this is not show in anime because it would be disastrous, same for games having your pokemon die it would suck

droomph

weeb
Years
i was refering to our own pokemons , yeah i am aware of those places
Well if you want to get real technical the story takes place in the span of a day, and even so, about two months max. So I think GF decided to keep the death thing out of the game to conserve space by removing features that probably wouldn't ever get discovered in play-time.

Back