• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tileset Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    is there a max tileset size because ive added bits to one of the tilesets and it shows fine in rpgmaker but when running game the new sections do not show (eg added a new pokémart outside tiles for which shows fine but ingame just shows the door event and the grass underneth)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    It must be 256px in width, but it can be pretty much any length. If that answers your question I'll go ahead and close this. So let me know!

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Try re-importing your tileset then make sure that you're using the right tileset in the Database.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i've found that once a tileset gets too large it doesn't scroll correctly, both in the database and when mapping

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Try as Cilerba suggested. Ensure you're using the desired tileset also and not confusing it with another. Also yes, Desbrina when tilesets become large in file size RMXP has issues loading all of it at once so it jumps back to the top. It is best to keep your tilesets small as possible in height. Having a different tileset for each town/city is a good practice. Same goes for other areas such as indoor maps. Then having tilesets for your routes.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Are you putting the right tiles priority of different layers in database?

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    ok attached to pictures to help explain what i mean (one is a pic of the map in rpgxp and the other is play testing the map)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    You need to set the movement permissions on that tile ie. the X's and O's. I believe.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Well then try setting the priories also, the stars. After that I have no idea why it wouldn't appear after all that was suggested.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back