• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First OU team

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I'm going into competitive battling, so I need some help with my team as I have no idea what I'm doing. :p

Dexoys-Defense @ Red Card
Pressure
252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
Calm
- Seismic Toss
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Recover

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Intimidate
246 HP/252 Def/5 Atk/5 SpD
Impish
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out
- Foresight
- Hi Jump Kick

Heatran @ Air Ballon
Flash Fire
252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- HP Ice

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Adamant
- Seed Bomb
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Pressure
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
Modest
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- HP Electric

Espeon @ Light Clay
Magic Bounce
252 Spe/252 HP/4 SpA
Timid
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wish
- Psyshock

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Another item to consider on Deoxys-D is Rocky Helmet. It punishes opponents who rely on contact moves for damage.

IMO, combining Technitop and Rapid Spin Hitmontop is a bad idea; it leaves Hitmontop strapped for moveslots. Also, a spread of max HP/max Defense is better. Sucker Punch, Stone Edge or Rest is the better option in the last slot for more utility.

But then again, Donphan is a better Rapid Spinner because it can actually pose an offensive threat:
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard/Roar
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

or
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Head Smash/Fire Fang
-Ice Shard/Stealth Rock
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

Dragon Pulse and HP Ice are redundant on Heatran. Despite being relatively slow, offensive Heatran likes using max Speed to outspeed slower, bulky Pokemon. Lava Plume is also better off on support sets, IMO:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)/Dragon Pulse
-Stealth Rock/Taunt/Flame Charge/Substitute
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Air Balloon/Leftovers

Swords Dance Breloom now prefers Technician as its ability because of the boosted BP of Bullet Seed and Mach Punch. It can also go all-out offensive if it has to:
-Low Sweep/Swords Dance
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch
-Spore/Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Technician

If you still want to use Poison Heal Breloom, use these sets. Poison Heal Breloom prefers using Substitute to protect itself from incoming attacks, anyway:
-Spore
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch
Nature: Impish
EVs: 236 HP/252 Def/20 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

or
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb/Stone Edge/Facade
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

HP Fire is preferred on Kyurem so that it can land bigger hits on Ferrothorn, Scizor and Forretress.

While Kyurem did get a bit of love in B2/W2, other Dragons to consider include Hydreigon and Latios:

Hydreigon:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
-Roost/Earth Power/Earthquake/Dark Pulse
Nature: Rash/Mild
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb/Expert Belt

or
-Substitute
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Fire Blast/Roost
Nature: Modest
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
-Draco Meteor
-Focus Blast
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-U-turn/Dark Pulse
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

Espeon's Wishes are rather small, and are better off utilized by Pokemon with much larger HP stats, like Blissey and Vaporeon. Instead, use Baton Pass or Hidden Power (Fire).

Years
first what ivs are you going for secend i would add mudkip(i cant spell his final form but you get my point and 3 and this is just my personal view try to get modest or adament some nature take stats away but modest pokemon lose att and gain sp att and adament does the oppent there are 2 speed nature but youll have to look for thos yourself 4 some people online are againest use legends so if possable have a back up pokemhon and 5 if it possable teach each of you pokemon a move the hurt what it weak againest i teach my blazekin thunder punch as an expample and good luck

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
team looks very vulnerable to rain offense, i'm just gonna say that you might want to try a starmie over hippowdon since it resists water attacks/gets thunderbolt, and hitmontop really isn't all that great, in addition to being a bit redundant with breloom. a calm mind or baton passing espeon [to kyurem i guess] might be better for breaking stall

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
i don't think it's necessary to have both deo-d and espeon. id definitely pick one and adjust your team based on that. if you pick deo-d you might want to add a spin blocker (something like gengar would work well) to keep your hazards on the field and some good momentum up. im honestly not sure why you have kyurem. there are so many other pokemon that are better scarfers, keldeo and genesect just to name a few. also id run max hp / max spe on your deo-d and a timid nature. that kind of deoxys isn't going to last for that long so you are going to want to get hazards up as quickly as possible. but really just try running a more viable scarfer, probably drop espeon for something like lo latios, and drop like heatran and hitmontop too for a spin blocker and another steel type that can keep your momentum up better.

so the team should look something like this: deo-d / steel type / scarfer / lo latios / breloom / gengar, have fun

Za_Destroyer

hmmm yes I drive gud
Years
I would suggest switching out Espeon for a Dark type. 2 of your guys have a weakness to Psychic, and Kyurem and Heatran both have a partial weakness to rock. Based on that, tyranitar would be a good choice for your team. Try this move set for TTar:

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Sand Stream
Sassy
Max IVs
EVs: 252 HP, 64 SpA, 192 SpD.
Moves:
Stealth Rock/Crunch/Fire Blast/Ice Beam

Back