• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

um, Uh-oh

YAS1

What's this...?
Years
  • I tried to access a link to a person's avatar, but when the webpage showed up it said it was a forbidden area. And it also said my IP was logged. What does that mean?

Edit: It was a Pok?Community webpage.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    Well you probably shouldnt worry about this. It is probably just there to protect them from hackers. The probably will disragard it since you posted. I sure say probably alot. XD

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Nothing to worry about. ^_^ Like Greg said, Steve only has it enabled to stop direct linking. Not sure if he even checks the IP log anyway. o_O;

PD Wooper

.: υвεʀ ωοορεʀ :.
    Years
  • Here is how it works...there's a code that displays the picture that to the user looks like the avatar. Simple. There's an anti-leech code that stops non-pokecommunity.com referers from accessing it (or at least there should be x3;;)

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • It's not a code, it's a matter of the last page you visited. Steve has hotlinking disabled for all of the PC domains. So, unless you were viewing a page on one of the domains immediately before viewing the avatar, it's going to give you an error message.

T3hCoM

Lunatic Moon Rabbit
    Years
  • It happenned to me once on the oekaki. But it happened because I got Norton Antivirus 2004. If I disable it, it doesn't happen.

So if you have NA 2004 on your computer, that might be a cause.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • All it is is Steve turned it off so you can't hotlink the images off of PC. Lets say you wanted to use the avy you have right now on another forum (or you're trying to give the URL of the image on MSN or AIM). If you use the image URL of your avy then it won't show up. It's to stop people from killing all of PC's bandwidth (take up all the bandwidth and PC will slow down and maybe even come up with a bandwidth error).

Back