• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheers

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Hi, my name is Joe, as you can tell by my username.

Recently got back into Pokemon after a few years off it (probably last played 2010 and started back around new years.)

Anyway, since I have resources like youtube and google to learn a lot more about pokemon, I thought I would get into shiny hunting/collecting.

I've never really done hunting before, I'm doing my first ever SRing on my Emerald, I'm at around 850 SRs trying for a shiny Mudkip.

So yeah, I'm 18, first played Pokemon in 2002 or so (hence my username), that's about it.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Hi, Joe2002! Welcome to PC! I think there is a club which talks about Shiny Pokemon right here! And you could talk about anything Pokemon-related things here, in Pokecommunity! So have fun here and don't forget to check the rules!

Years
  • Heya Joe, welcome to PC! Nice to meet you and great to see you here~!

I notice that many people who try to quit Pokemon seem to come back... which is awesome, since it's just super addicting. I'm glad you're getting back into it! SRing can take a lot of time so hopefully you came prepared with all the patience in the world; every time I tried it I ended up quitting after 500 or so. By that point I just wanted to play the game rather than soft reset for ages. u~u But the feeling of finally getting that shiny is totally worth it! Most of my shinies were from chaining in Diamond/Pearl or luck encounters. Since you stopped playing around 2010, I'm assuming you never tried Black/White or Black 2 & White 2? Any plans to give those a try sometime? :D And there's also the amazing X and Y coming next October - hopefully you've heard of those games, too, as they look so amazing. <3;

Anyway, as a returning fan, I'm sure you'll find a lot of things here that will help keep you interested in Pokemon. I know it has helped others, so there's a very big chance it'll help fully rekindle your interest in the franchise and keep it going, too. Just make sure to pop in every once in a while since of course we don't want anyone disappearing from the forum. But regardless of how often you remember to check back, you'll always be welcome here, so keep that in mind!

Have a blast here and drop off a message whenever if you want to chat or need help! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Hi, Joe2002! Welcome to PC! I think there is a club which talks about Shiny Pokemon. And you could talk about anything Pokemon-related things here, in Pokecommunity! So have fun here and don't forget to check the rules!

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Heya Joe, welcome to PC! Nice to meet you and great to see you here~!

I notice that many people who try to quit Pokemon seem to come back... which is awesome, since it's just super addicting. I'm glad you're getting back into it! SRing can take a lot of time so hopefully you came prepared with all the patience in the world; every time I tried it I ended up quitting after 500 or so. By that point I just wanted to play the game rather than soft reset for ages. u~u But the feeling of finally getting that shiny is totally worth it! Most of my shinies were from chaining in Diamond/Pearl or luck encounters. Since you stopped playing around 2010, I'm assuming you never tried Black/White or Black 2 & White 2? Any plans to give those a try sometime? :D And there's also the amazing X and Y coming next October - hopefully you've heard of those games, too, as they look so amazing. <3;

Anyway, as a returning fan, I'm sure you'll find a lot of things here that will help keep you interested in Pokemon. I know it has helped others, so there's a very big chance it'll help fully rekindle your interest in the franchise and keep it going, too. Just make sure to pop in every once in a while since of course we don't want anyone disappearing from the forum. But regardless of how often you remember to check back, you'll always be welcome here, so keep that in mind!

Have a blast here and drop off a message whenever if you want to chat or need help! :D

I've seen and heard of HG/SS B&Y etc but I haven't gotten into them. Diamond was my last game before I stopped playing for a few years.

I don't really feel like learning 2 more generations right now. Maybe sometime in the future, if I'm still into it.

Back