• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2013
    Hi, I hadn't played a pokemon game in years up until two days ago. I found my girlfriends Nintendo DS in a draw upstairs, I thought she lost it over a year ago. I was really up for playing a monster Training/breeding game so I went out and bought Pokemon Heart Gold.
    The last game I played was Ruby on the GBA which must of been around Nine years ago. ive always been a big fan of pokemon since first playing Blue on my old GB colour. I guess growing older I stopped playing, but every time a new game would come out I would always wonder what it would play like. Would it be as good as blue was all those years ago.
    Now ive taken the plunge back into the world of pokemon and look forward to meeting some new people who enjoy the games as I do.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Hey, AM!

Welcome to PC! Wow, so the last Pokémon game you've played was nine years ago? Dang! xD

I should also say welcome back to Pokémon, too! A lot has changed for the franchise since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were released. I've constructed a list for you so you can see which main games have been released so far since the original release of Red/Blue. I also put which console the specific games are for:

First Generation (All for the Gameboy):

Pokémon Red
    Pokémon Blue
    Pokémon Yellow

Second Generation (All for the Gameboy Color):

Pokémon Gold
    Pokémon Silver
    Pokémon Crystal

Third Generation (All for the Nintendo DS):

Pokémon Ruby
    Pokémon Sapphire
    Pokémon Emerald
    Pokémon FireRed
    Pokémon LeafGreen

Fourth Generation (All for the Nintendo DS):

Pokémon Diamond
    Pokémon Pearl
    Pokémon Platinum
    Pokémon HeartGold
    Pokémon SoulSilver

Fifth Generation (All for the Nintendo DS):

Pokémon Black
    Pokémon White
    Pokémon Black 2
    Pokémon White 2

Sixth Generation (Release date: October 2013; console: 3DS):

Pokémon X
    Pokémon Y

As you can see, you've missed quite a bit! You should definitely try at least one version of each generation so you can get a taste of each. :p We're also getting Pokémon X & Y (6th generation) this October for the 3DS, so I do hope you stick around for that!

I'm glad you rekindled your memories of the series with HeartGold (remake of the original Silver/Gold/Crystal). That game will give you an idea as to how the franchise has developed since the release of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. The graphics have really been improved, and the features have, too.

Each generation is different from another, but luckily, GameFreak has kept the same typical traditions throughout each of the games. That "Pokémon" feel has been kept through each game, so don't worry about things changing too much . xD

I do hope you try out the newer games, and I hope you're enjoying your playthrough of HeartGold thus far! If you ever need any help, have any questions, or would just like to chat, please don't hesitate to leave a visitor message on my profile!

I hope to see you around! :)

Years
  • Hah, I absolutely adore your username, it's really quite perfect. Welcome to the forum and it's a pleasure to meet you! <3

It's always great to have people picking Pokemon back up again; you'll notice that a ton has changed or been improved since the days of Ruby and Sapphire, from hugely improved graphics to new mechanics and everything. But luckily, as Gyardosamped said, the Pokemon feel is still very prominent throughout the games. You'll definitely enjoying playing through everything and you can talk about any of the generations, as well as request help in the games, here on our forum. :D HG/SS are great games to start with since they're basically improved versions of Gold and Silver, so I'm glad you decided to pick 'em up. What starter did you pick? (Chikorita for the win!)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having you here with us. Go ahead and make some posts - can't stay at the one post mark forever, right? Once you start posting around the forum becomes really addicting, hehe. Take my word for it! Have a blast and you can contact any of our awesome members or staff whenever if you're looking for someone to chat with or have questions. There's also the useful Quick Questions & Answers thread where you can ask simpler questions like where to post what and so on - take that to your advantage!

Hope you enjoy your stay and see you around! :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Thats quite a list of games, thank for listing them for me. I can certainly say im enjoying HG so far and I think I will pick a game from each of the sets once ive got through this one. The graphics have really come along way and the gameplay is still addictive as ever, Im glad I got back on the band wagon.
    As for my starter, I decided to go with Totodile, I usally stick with the grass type to start off, so this time I thought I would spice up my selection a bit.

Ill see you guys around the board.

Back