• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New!

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    Hey guys, I am new to the website, but definitely not to the world of Pokemon! I grew up playing Pokemon with my friends every single day, by the hours. Now, our same old group of friends wants to get back together and start playing again.

I haven't paid attention to the new games and kept up to date. I played Leaf Green, Emerald, and ruby as the most recent. Can anyone fill me in on where to start and the new generations?

Thanks!

Years
  • Hey there nvbarnes, and welcome to PC!

Where to start? You either have a choice of starting at the 4th Generation with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, or the remakes of Gold/Silver, HeartGold/SoulSilver. We have a section here on PC for that right here! Or if you could skip to the fifth generation with Black/White and Black 2/White 2, and that section is located right here! But it's all up to you on where you feel comfortable in picking back up! :)

Anyways, please remember to look over the forum's rules so that you don't wind up getting caught up in any trouble. ;D

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone on staff around here, they'll be glad to help you!

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! ^_^

Years
  • Zach gave you some awesome information already. There've been so many good Pokemon games since the third generation - you'll miss out, so be sure to try 'em. I'd personally recommend starting with Platinum, then moving onto HeartGold or SoulSilver, then Black or White, and finally Black 2 or White 2. B/W2 were unique since they weren't just an "updated" version of B/W but rather games with an entirely new story. If you're looking to get back into Pokemon you definitely can't miss those. :D;

But hey, welcome to PC! New and old Pokemon fans alike fit in perfectly here. We love all of you new members yeah!

I grew up playing Pokemon with all my friends too.. those were some really great memories. We always trades, mixed records, and battled. Multiplayer in Pokemon made the games really fun and there were so many of them to collect.. I never did complete my Pokedex, though. Your friends are going to have a great time since there's so many cool new things in the series now and the games are constantly becoming better. We even have the amazing X & Y coming out in October, hopefully you guys've read up on that. They look so amazing and we have a whole board dedicated to talking about these games on PC.. check it out! n~n You can speculate on possible new features and discuss already-released information, such as the new Pokemon and the new type. It's become a pretty popular board, plus lots of members have been returning to discuss the games as well. I'm sure you'd meet lots of cool friends there. :)

If you have any questions about the games, ask away in their respective boards! So questions about the fourth generation games would be asked in the Fourth Generation Gaming board, for example. We have some pretty smart folk around here so they'll be helping you out as soon as they can. PC is full of Pokemon experts~

Hopefully this forum entices you enough to stick around, since we would definitely love to have you! See you around sir and great meeting ya.

Back