• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey

Dr. Koga

Red wishes he was me...
Years
  • Hi Mini! Nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Koga and welcome to Pokecommunity! :) So it seems like you'll like Art & Design. If you ever want to talk feel free to PM or VM me. ^^ If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask the moderators (they have bold usernames).

Don't be a stranger and I hope to see you around!

- Dr. Koga ;)

Years
  • Hey there Mini! Welcome welcome welcome to the amazing forum that is PC!

Aww, I'm interested in the Pokemon sprites too. They're really nicely-made and the style is pretty darn adorable. I'll miss the sprites when we finally move onto generation 6, but the 3D models are lookin' really sleek as well. :) Which generation had your favorite set of sprites? Yellow and G/S/C were soo good; I think I'm a bit biased towards those because I felt they were the most appealing when it came to colors and design. Like Koga said, be sure to look at the Art & Design's subforum, Pixel Art, if you're looking to share some of your sprites with our members. You'll need at least four scratch sprites to make a thread (you can include fusions/recolors as well if you will also have at least four scratch sprites), but if you're mostly interested in just fusions/recolors, you can post in the Fusions/Recolors thread. :D The regulars there would be more than happy to give you some good feedback!

..but this is assuming you draw the sprites, hehe. If not, you should get involved in them sometime because they are so very fun to make. I've tried to make some a few times but failed horribly; the Pokemon sprite style is a bit hard to immitate. :( But that's why we have all these awesome tutorials and helpful peeps all over the place!

Anyways, what else are you interested in? I'm sure you like the Pokemon video games, but what about the anime, manga, cards, merchandise, or other cool things that the franchise has to offer? Personally I'm obsessed with the games, anime, and merch, though I also like to collect some of the manga and cards from time to time. There are a lot of different kinds of fans here on PokeCommunity so it'd be great to see where you start in that regard. Anyone is welcome though, of course, we're just a wee bit curious about you as a person and Pokemon fan. n~n If you're ever interested in just relaxing and chatting about something other than Pokemon, I'd recommend Chit Chat & Polls as it's an awesome place to meet people and discuss pretty much anything. It's one of our most popular "pit stops". You can also check out our other boards to discuss music, anime, join some clubs, play trivia, and other things, so be on the lookout.

Have an amazing time and remember to contact a moderator if you need any help at all!

Years
  • Hey there Mini, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Yep, like my good friend Cirno said above, your best bet is to check out the Pixel Art section of A&D (Art & Design), where you could look at others' sprite work and even perhaps showcase your own sprite projects! :) And I like your username too, haha

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure that you look over the rules here on PC so that you do not wind up getting into trouble.. the last thing we want to see of a new member is them getting into trouble and getting an infraction :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on PC that's on staff! They are the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad to help you out whenever you need it! :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Mini! You are always more than welcome to send me a friend request! And you're also more than welcome to send me a PM or leave a VM on my profile if you ever wanna chat with me! ^_^

Back