• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello there!

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
  • 안녕하세요! (Hello! in Korean). As you can probably tell from my username, my name is Andrew! I've been playing Pokémon since I was 4 years old and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. My favorite Generation is Generation 3, more specifically Pokémon Emerald. That's part of the reason why I chose to use a "3" in my username, aside from the fact that it looks like an E :P

I'm in the process of learning Korean (which is why my first word in this topic was a Korean one), so I'm really looking forward to using multiple languages in X and Y.

Well, I think that's enough about me :3 See you around!

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
    Years
  • Hey there, Andr3w! Welcome to PC!
    Its great to meet a person which is someone really not like me here. But we still got something in common right? we both love pokemon! oh well
    uhm...thanks for 'advertising' the dragon type club through yor signature. XD
    hope you'll have a great time here. :D
    and most of all... follow the PC rules. XD
    (Im really not good at organizing thougts)

Years
  • Whelp, my favorite generation is the third as well. :D; That's pretty cool. Sapphire was likely my most played game of any generation, it was especially addicting because I was finally able to mix records and swap secret bases among other fun stuff. Check out the Advance Generation Gaming board to discuss these games if you like - that board would likely be perfect for you if you're into 'em so much. Welcome to PC, Andrew!

Learning a language is way way hard but it's a really great goal. I'm taking my third semester of French starting late August.. though that's more or less because three semesters was required for my major to graduate, haha. They didn't offer many languages I was interested in at all. :( But I'd love to learn German and Japanese! Are you taking any courses or the like or just studying in your own time? Korean is a wonderful language so you've made a great choice, too! Good luck to you. If you're interested in languages in their entirety, why not join the language fanclub we have here? It's relatively new but we'd more than welcome anyone who loves 'em there! There are some other great clubs there in the Clubs & Groups board, too, making it a lovely place to check out whenever you have some time. But hey, isn't it awesome that we can choose between languages in X & Y?! Finally people can play in their preferred language and get to learning new ones - it's wonderful! This makes me ever so excited for the games since it's such a huge step forward from its predecessors in so many ways. Which version do you think you'll get? n~n

Enjoy your stay on PokeCommunity, Andrew, and be sure to let me know if you need any help! I'm always here to assist if you're confused, as are the other moderators. You can also ask any forum-related questions you may have in the Questions & Feedback board. That's also the best place for suggestions! We're always here to lend an ear. :3

See you around!

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hey there, Andr3w! Welcome to PC!
    Its great to meet a person which is someone really not like me here. But we still got something in common right? we both love pokemon! oh well
    uhm...thanks for 'advertising' the dragon type club through yor signature. XD
    hope you'll have a great time here. :D
    and most of all... follow the PC rules. XD
    (Im really not good at organizing thougts)
    Yeah, I figured the club could use a little advertising, considering it had been inactive for almost a month =/

Whelp, my favorite generation is the third as well. :D; That's pretty cool. Sapphire was likely my most played game of any generation, it was especially addicting because I was finally able to mix records and swap secret bases among other fun stuff. Check out the Advance Generation Gaming board to discuss these games if you like - that board would likely be perfect for you if you're into 'em so much. Welcome to PC, Andrew!

Learning a language is way way hard but it's a really great goal. I'm taking my third semester of French starting late August.. though that's more or less because three semesters was required for my major to graduate, haha. They didn't offer many languages I was interested in at all. :( But I'd love to learn German and Japanese! Are you taking any courses or the like or just studying in your own time? Korean is a wonderful language so you've made a great choice, too! Good luck to you. If you're interested in languages in their entirety, why not join the language fanclub we have here? It's relatively new but we'd more than welcome anyone who loves 'em there! There are some other great clubs there in the Clubs & Groups board, too, making it a lovely place to check out whenever you have some time. But hey, isn't it awesome that we can choose between languages in X & Y?! Finally people can play in their preferred language and get to learning new ones - it's wonderful! This makes me ever so excited for the games since it's such a huge step forward from its predecessors in so many ways. Which version do you think you'll get? n~n

Enjoy your stay on PokeCommunity, Andrew, and be sure to let me know if you need any help! I'm always here to assist if you're confused, as are the other moderators. You can also ask any forum-related questions you may have in the Questions & Feedback board. That's also the best place for suggestions! We're always here to lend an ear. :3

See you around!

Glad to see another 3rd Generation fan! Pokémon Ruby came out when I was around 7 years old and once I played it I was hooked. I had played and loved the previous two generations, but Ruby was something amazing to me. I loved the Pokémon, the region, and most of all the story (especially in Emerald).

You're definitely right about learning a language being difficult. I took two years of Spanish but didn't learn much (partially because my heart wasn't in it, it was just required by my school & also because we switched teachers between years and one teacher taught Latin America Spanish and the other taught the Spanish spoken in Spain). However, my efforts to learn Korean are entirely independent at the moment. I've always been fascinated by Asian culture and once I heard a few KPop songs I was hooked. That's what sparked my interest in learning the language and I've been having a good time so far (actually wanting to learn as opposed to being forced makes a HUGE difference). I just started recently so I'm still learning Hangul (the Korean alphabet) and working on basic vocabulary. I'm definitely going to check out the language club! Thanks so much for that suggestion!

Being able to switch languages was a brilliant addition from GameFreak. I'm going to play through Y in English until my Korean vocabulary develops to a point where I feel comfortable giving it a go in Korean.

Thanks again for the welcome and suggestions!

Years
  • H3110 7h3r3 4nDr3W, 4nD W31C0M3 70 Pc! (Hello there Andrew, and welcome to PC!) xD My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Sorry, the fact you had the '3' instead of an 'e' made me think of 1337 5p34k (leet speak), so I had to say that XD

Good to see someone is attempting to learn a new language, and I wish you the best of luck in that! And yeah, the new language feature in X and Y should be pretty awesome, from what I heard! And like you, my favorite generation is 3 and my favorite game is Emerald =D and it also looks like my good friend Cirno showed you around, so I really hope you enjoy it here! :3

As a reminder, if you haven't already done so, be sure to look at the rules so that you do not wind up getting into trouble!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff! They are the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad in getting to help you out! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Andrew! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either leaving a VM on my profile and or sending me a PM if you ever wish to chat with me! ^_^

Back