• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are my favourite Pokemon awful choices?

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
Years
  • Well, my friend wanted to know my favourite Pokemon, not including Dark Types. If I did include Dark Types, they'd hog the whole list. I thought, and I told him. He laughed. I was defeated.

So here's the main question: Are my Top Ten Fave. Pokemon awful choices?
    I'm gonna let you decide!! Disclaimer: All of these pics are from DeviantART. I didn't make them. Don't sue. Please. And they're all amazing. Really, really good.

So, here are my Top Ten Favourite Pokemon!!

10. Lumineon
    So, this one requires a bit of a back story. Here I am, a peppy young Pokemon trainer, looking to complete my SinnohDex. Glancing back through it, I realize that the only Pokemon I'm missing is Lumineon. "To the computer!!" I say, excited at the prospect of my NationalDex. Google search: Where to find Lumineon in Diamond? Answer: The only way to get a Lumineon is to catch a Finneon, and evolve it by leveling up. Oh, jeez. I spent two hours finding a Finneon, leveling it up from Level 10, and FINALLY evolving it into Lumineon. It was then that I realized that it was a little odd looking. Some research showed that my Finneon was a Shiny. And I had no idea until it evolved an hour and a half later. *facepalm*

9. Lanturn
    Story time! 'K, so, I'm fishin' off the back of my Blastoise, that I got as a Squirtle Egg from my friend. I've got my Super Rod and all and then this horryfying THING pops up in front of me:
    no__170___chinchou_by_pokemonfromhell-d3fwzue.png

OHMAHGODWHATISTHATTHING?!?!?!? I had to catch it. Yup, that thing became my loyal partner once it evolved. I just threw an Exp. Share at it and hoped I would never have to look at it again. I was riding on my hopes and instincts it would evolve. I took one look at it and said, "Ayup, it evolves." And it did. Yay for instincts and my superior intellect!!

8. Delibird
    Yeah, Delibird. You got an issue with that, bud? You guys, Delibird has so much unused potential. Use it wisely and you could end up destroying your opponent, healing your ally in a double battle, and overall looking adorable. Who knew that this:
    images

Could turn to this at any minute:
    images

I've owned only one Delibird in my entire life, given to me as and Egg as a Christmas Present by my friend. I nicknamed him ExplodoBomb, for his unpredictability. He's single-handedly destroyed my friends' teams. And yet he had a Serious Nature, despite Delibird being depicted as foolish and silly and absolutely adorable.

7. Patrat
    You(potetially): No wonder he laughed. She included PATRAT in her list of Top Ten Pokemon?!?
    Me: Look at this guy! Who can't love him? He's a loyal little bipedal rat that will be your partner for all time to come. Sound familiar?
    not_derps_stamp_by_hibirdlover-d481r77.gif

6. Deino
    I know I said no Dark types. But I couldn't resist asking this: Who couldn't wait for their Deino to evolve? Not me. I made my Deino hold an Everstone, just so I could keep it cute and small. Don't get me wrong, I like Hydreigon and all. I'll just never understand it. Just think: Deino has one brain. Zwelious has two. Hydreigon has one brain. Wut. Where did the second brain go in the Zwelious? Isn't that like killing the other half of the Pokemon?? Never mind, I'll not elaborate. But, you've got the tough side of Deino, and the absolute adorable side.
    Hence: He'll ram into strangers, guests, anyone he's unfamiliar with, no questions asked. He would bite their heads off if his teeth were bigger.
    He'll roll over and let YOU rub his tummy, without ripping off your fingers.

5. Bulbasaur
    When I say Bulbasaur, I do NOT mean this...
    bulbasaur_by_soupandbutter-d23b6a8.jpg

That's gross.

I mean something more along the lines of...
    pet_bulbasaur_by_oborochann-d3gg8af.jpg

Yeah, that's it.

4. Chatot

The move Chatter. 'Nuff said.

3. Butterfree/Venomoth/Beautifly/Dustox/Mothim/Volcarona

Who loved Ash's Butterfree? Who kinda wished that we would stop following Ash and follow Butterfree when he left? Who cried when he did leave? Who posted this image on their wall with the words written in black Sharpie across it: You will always have a place in our hearts, Butterfree?:
    200px-EP021.png

Who desperately wanted Aya's Venonat to evolve? Who literally jumped for joy when it did? Who wanted Tracey's Venonat to evolve? Who wanted to use strong words at the anime producers when Tracey left and his Venonat hadn't evolved? Who wanted to throw something at the TV when May's Beautifly left for Petalburg? Who couldn't stand the thought of Jessie's Dustox winning a first place ribbon, and yours didn't, and then wanted to go out and re-capture it after she released it? Who physically screamed at the kid named Austin who released his Shiny Dustox to breed in the wild? Who wanted to burn Burmy and Wormadam in a bonfire, but suffered through both evolutions just for a Mothim? Who scoured every inch of those darned Dessert Ruins in hopes of not getting lost, just so you could have a Volcarona?

Me: *guilty*
    You(potentially): *facepalm*

Side Story of personal experience!!
    Spoiler:

2. Gastrodon

Beats Swalot any day.

1. Arcanine/Persian
    I couldn't decide between the two. So, I did both! Who didn't love Giovanni's Persian? Come on, he was adorable. And he's probably the BEST feline Pokemon ever. In my opinion anyways.
    images

Gary's Arcanine. Who couldn't get the image of Gary on his skateboard, being pulled by his Arcanine out of their minds? I couldn't, at least.
    arcanine_by_all0412-d5f20nc.jpg

But! The two together equals the Dynamic Duo of Death!! Look at this fan art:
    arcanine_and_kazoku_by_kitrei_sirto-d52ei1m.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my Top Ten Favourite Pokemon list! Please tell me your thoughts on this list below in the comments, and tell me whether or not my fave Pokemon are crap.
    Until next time!!
    Au revoir!

*~Maelstrom~*

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

No one can tell you if your favorite Pokemon are bad choices. You love them for a reason and that is all that matters. Not every Pokemon is going to appeal to every person so naturally our lists of favorites will all differ. If you are satisfied with these 10 Pokemon as your favorites then they are wonderful choices~!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Your list has two #1 and #2 and no #9 or #10, jsyk. ^^

I don't think they are bad choices! I like your reason for liking Lumineon and Lanturn. Some pokémon are just special to us, regardless of how cool they seem in the anime or how well they do in battles. I am too a fan of Bulbasaur and the butterfly pokémon, and Arcanine is a favorite you have in common with many, many people. Me, for instance, but mostly based on looks there.

But yeah, if your friend wants to know your favorite pokémon, then that's that. Show him them :3 Are you trying to get him to play pokémon or is he already a fan?

LAWSICK

see you next mission.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    your reason for picking Delibird is kinda cute! i wish my friends would give me pokemon as gifts. i can totally understand why you would choose that as one of your favorites- because of the personal factor.

Jigglypuff is one of my favorite pokemon because when i was young, i never collected the cards or was even into it. my friend was showing me his collection one day and gave me a Jigglypuff card since he already had more than one. i loved it so much it instantly became my favorite. :3 buuuut i do have to question why Patrat is on your list... "filler" pokemon i see them as.

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • Chinchou > Lanturn

That's alls I'm saying.
    My little chin holds an everstone so she can hang around with me all day!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • ^ Right? Rock on, Delibird! I also have a strange affinity for Gastrodon. I find it kind of cute :U

But really... there is no awful list of favorite Pokemon! It's all opinion!

... unless your favorite Pokemon is Conkeldurr. Then don't come within 500 feet of me.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Your top ten favourites are your top ten favourites. They aren't crappy choices! Everyone has their own personal tastes. No matter what others think, your favourites will always remain your favourites (unless you are easily swayed by others' opinions, then I can't help you there buddy).

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I am not that much into cats. I l;ike delibird, in pokedorks on dev art he is a mascot so I like drawing him haha. oh I also like dark Pokes too.

This white 2 I kept my oshawott an oshawott until level 40 , after then he was just a liability and I evolved him.
    I also love skarmory. since silver there hasnt been a single game where he was available where I didnt have one. I often call him sancho. In german he is called Panzaeron and don quichottes aid was called sancho pansa or so I always call him sancho.

I also love electro and water, so last playthrough I had like 3 water pokes in my team... not very wise. This time I have 2 electro with magneton being a double type steel. so i had two electro and two steel types. It is the first time i had an arcanine and he is actually a useful fire type. I could never really warm for some fire pokes, although i liked the anteater fire poke from gen 5.(he still sucked in battle)

I like leavanny, although she is rather weak being a bug/plant poke.

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
    Years
  • OP don't be ashamed of your top ten! They're your top ten for a reason!

And just know I'm behind you 100% with Delibird, Patrat, Persian and the bugs. Although I prefer the evolved form of Patrat. I used one up to level 47 or so and he was pretty cool with the right moves.

Years
  • Your list is the most unique and great of many I've seen. I personally don't like Lumineon, but the rest are cool with me!
    I like a lot of Pokemon equally, but a few of my top favorites are:
    Sudowoodo: you played through Crystal and watched it dance right? Automatically fell in love.
    Wailord: Huge, humble, loyal whale. So great.
    Quagsire: Stare at a Quagsire for 30 seconds and try not to laugh.
    Scrafty: Awesome typing, unique design, and a straight up G.
    Starmie and Lucario: First 2 Pokemon I raised to level 100, respectively. Starmie in the first game ever made and Lucario in the most recent.
    That's pretty much my list, and I don't know many people with lists like it.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Years
  • Stunfisk actually ranks in at 14 on my list.
    Also, Delibird was a joke of a gift, when it turned out to be a monstrous weapon.
    WHAT CRUEL IRONY!! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!
    *ahem* Conkeldurr... ranks in at 649 on my list. Yes, Feebas is higher than this guy. Gurrdurr at 648 and Timburr at 647.

Thank you all for your opinion on my Top Ten list.

*~Maelstrom~*

Ayselipera

Well I mean your favorites are your favorites so it's not a big deal if you like them the most. I'd say we definitely have different tastes in favorite Pokemon, but I like the fact that you have a unique taste. I can't help, but get a little annoyed when I'm reading someone's top ten favorite Pokemon and it's the usual Charizard, Dragonite, Garchomp, Mewtwo, etc.

Personally the only Pokemon I really like out of your list are Bulbasaur and Persian.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Years
  • I agree with you, Ayselipera. Charizard is okay, but definitely overrated in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love Charizard, but some people need to give Venusaur and Blastoise a chance.

I'm kinda considering doing a Top Ten Least favourite Pokemon list, but I don't want people attacking me saying I put their fave Pokemon on the list...

*~Maelstrom~*

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    First - that's a truly impressive bit of wordsmithery there. I always appreciate a cleverly turned phrase, and it's very impressive to see that many of them in one post.

To the list itself - it's... um... quirky.

Personally, I was horribly disappointed with Lumineon. I loved Finneon the first time I caught one and immediately put it on my team and toted it around with me in the hope that it would evolve into something that was at least either cute or powerful, and preferably both. Instead, it evolved into something that was neither.

Lanturn, on the other hand, is to Chinchou as Lumineon should've been to Finneon. It's not as cute (though few things are) but it's enough more useful that I can forgive that. And I just love its typing, since I can imagine both Water and Electric type pokemon looking at one in battle and saying, "Aw dude... that's just not fair!"

Patrat isn't even my least unfavorite annoying early route rodent.

I do happen to have a bunch of Deinos throughout assorted Unova games, though admittedly at least a part of that is that I don't have the patience to watch however many Hustle-induced misses it takes to get one to level 873 or wherever it is that it evolves. But yeah - it does help that it reminds me of a big funny looking puppy.

And I do like Gastrodon and all, but c'mon - Swalot looks like it's wearing an argyle sweater. That's pretty hard to beat, really.

All in all, it's an amusing list, and there's nothing awful about that. And thanks for sharing it with us.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Of course they aren't bad choices, they're your favorites. Don't feel bad for liking the pokemon that you do, and if someone ever tries to make you feel that way, ignore them.

I like Patrat and Chatot, they're both cute :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Not bad at all, I really enjoy looking at other's favorite's list, everyone has different opinions on what they like, at least to me its what makes everyone unique, in a way it would be boring (for me at least) if everyone liked the same - we might have 1 or 3 in common that's alright [not boring, at least we would have something in common].

Who knows, I might find someone else that has similar interest (in Pokemon) as I do... I also love Patrat and Persian [from generations 1 through 4 Persian was my #1] myself.

Back