• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nice to meet you! NOW, HELP ME!

Years
Hi! I wanted to introduce myself. My name's Dakota, I love to read, browse the web, laugh and just have a great time!

My favorite Legendary is Giratina because it just looks so fierce and frightening. Plus, it actually scared me with its random jump-scare in Platinum. I really can't decide on my favorite Pokemon because I like all of the Pokemon designs really.

I joined the community to get some advice on Pokemon Rom Hacks! I wanted to create a game and reveal it on The Rom Hacks Board. but I need some programs to help me

I have Advanced Map (not sure if recently update)

No script editing experience ever

How do I make tiles and upload them to the ADVANcED MAP!

Thank you!

I will be right back! Thank you for everything! KEEP POSTIN' CUZ I WANT CREATE THE BEST GAME EVAH

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi there, Stranger! Welcome aboard!

Unfortunately I do not the answer to your question about ROM hacking, and it's been forever since I've become a regular, but not to worry though. I know where you can get your answers. Try asking your question at the Simple Questions thread in the ROM hacking section, where you can get a ton of answers to questions you may have. I believe there's also a thread about Advanced Map where you can ask questions as well, but you are more likely to get more attention in the thread I just linked earlier, as many ROM hacking experts go there to help. :D

Giratina is very frightening, especially its origin form. xD And awww, I know how you feel. I really like Meganium, but there's so many Pokemon that I just like, and I just want to hug them all! :D Fortunately there's other peeps that are the same way. xD

Anyways I hope the above helped you, and I wish you luck on your ROM hack! Have fun, and don't hesitate to ask any more questions ok. :D See ya around!

Years
Giratina's jump in Platinum terrified me. I don't think I could ever replay Platinum since I didn't like that bit.. and the Distortion World was bleh. :( Glad I'm not alone! Thought I was just weak-hearted, bah. Welcome to PC!

Meganium has you covered as far as your question goes but I do wish you luck with your game. Emulation & ROM Hacking covers anything related to hacking and is the best place to go to in the future for questions like these, since we aren't a hacking forum in general 'round PC. That means only the Emulation regulars would really know the answer to your question. :o They are so very talented and I envy all of our wonderful game-owners for creating such great games for members to try. I used to be interested in creating my own hack years ago but lazied out and.. yeah. I mostly enjoy to play them now!

Stick around forever and ever and have a lovely time! I'm sure you'll become an expert on hacking soon enough if you keep working hard at it. Pleasure to meet you, Dakota! :D

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Heh, Giratina. I'm not that far, cuz 4th Gen isn't my game, except for HG/SS, so, sorry, I can only admire that fella from afar as a fan. No disrespect towards D/Prl/Pt, but I get befuddled by Sinnoh.

As for hacking, generally, it's in poor taste to discuss openly, so, chill out 'ROM Hack' section. Not a lecture, just me providin' an opinion.

Back