• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi :3

Years
  • Hello all! I've never been a part of a forum before so I'm not sure how this all works so please bear with me (:

Lets see, I first was introduced to Pokemon when it aired the first generation's anime (USA),
    I can't even remember how old I was but it became routine to watch every morning before school :D

After the second gen and thus growing a little older my daily schedule changed. I was barely able to watch any more of the show but then my cousin introduced me to the games (Yellow and Blue) and the playing cards! He would only let me borrow them for short periods of time so I had never fully played through them.
    Also you have to understand, with my parents raising only two girls they never thought to buy us game consoles since they viewed them as boy toys.

Well I was able to finally get my hands on my own gameboy! I don't recall my parents ever buying it so I believe it was a hand-me-down from my cousin :P. Anyway, this allowed me to play my cousins games for much longer until my sister found them and wanted them for herself so thus again, was unable to complete the game.

Following the anime became non-existent as I started middle school and even though I wanted to play the games, my parents would never buy them for me. I believe in 7th or 8th grade I got a DS Lite! However I was still unable to obtain a Pokemon game DX.

Now that I've gotten so far as graduate high school and lost contact with my Pokemon roots, I still crave to play. My boyfriend of 1.6 yr is a huge Pokefan he has his own set of playing cards and even Pokemon Stadium (1 & 2) for N64 and we play all the time! He also has Pokemon Puzzle League but I'm not too good at that ;o.

So lately I've been playing through Black 2 on an emulator (yes I plan to purchase the game to support the creators of course) but I have Pokemon X coming to me for Christmas. (: I will be playing it on the 2DS instead of 3 for the simple fact that
    a) the 3D function seems more like a hassle instead of a feature,
    b) Price was significantly lower (99 vs. 169),
    c) and just that i know i would never have the 3D function on.

Anyway, Sorry this is so long!! Just felt like telling you guys how I ended up here at this point (:
    And just call me Hylia please :3
    Can't wait to play with you!

Years
  • It's always pretty cute to have a significant other who plays Pokemon, mine just got back into it with X and Y as well. :3 Great choice in getting X for Christmas - I'd have made that same suggestion to you. Can't miss out on such awesome new Pokemon games, right?! The 3D function is something I never have on either so nice choices overall.

And yeah I was an only child up until I was 14-15 so I'm not sure if my parents expected me to really need gaming systems, but.. they were totally wrong! My classmates got me hooked on Pokemon. xD;;

Anyways, welcome to PokeCommunity, Hylia! :) Clearly you are in the right place as we have plenty of big Pokemon fans here and some really amazing people overall. You are going to settle in perfectly among everyone else as you seem great and super sweet yourself. Be sure to explore the community lots and continue talking with us! Soon enough you'll have plenty of people to call friends.

Enjoy your time here! I probably rambled a little here but hooray for chatting. <3 Let the staff know if you need any help!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I assume that you're also a Legend of Zelda fan? Because I looove the Zelda series myself! My favourite Zelda game is a cross between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Of course, all the Zelda games are great, (well except for the CDI ones) and really fun to play! I just love how Ocarina of Time an Twilight Princess exhibit these dark themes more so than the others! Of course, Majora's Mask and Link Between Worlds are good mentions too!

But welcome to PC, Hylia! It's really nice to meet you! It's actually nice that you're intro is pretty long; we get to learn more stuff about you! Anywho, like yourself, I too was introduced to pokemon from the first season in the anime! I loved it so much that I begged my parents to buy a gameboy color and a pokemon yellow game for me, which was Pokemon Yellow! I was never really good at Pokemon Puzzle Leauge but it was a fun game! Pokemon Stadium was a really awesome game and I wiiiish there was Pokemon Stadium 3, someday. Hm.

I'm glad that you'll be able to play Pokemon X soon, which is a really great game! I hope that you'll enjoy it! Got any plans on what starter you're going to start with? I chose the fire one myself, but, all the starters are pretty good! Anyways, again, it's nice to have you joined us, and have an amazing stay! The moderators around here will be glad to assist you with anything - be a concern or question you have around PC, because we ultimately want your enjoyment here to be a good one!

I also hope that maybe we can talk someday, and we can be friends with you'd like! <3 PC is all yours to explore, and I hope you'll enjoy posting! Cheers, and have a great day!

Years
  • It's always pretty cute to have a significant other who plays Pokemon, mine just got back into it with X and Y as well. :3 Great choice in getting X for Christmas - I'd have made that same suggestion to you. Can't miss out on such awesome new Pokemon games, right?! The 3D function is something I never have on either so nice choices overall.

And yeah I was an only child up until I was 14-15 so I'm not sure if my parents expected me to really need gaming systems, but.. they were totally wrong! My classmates got me hooked on Pokemon. xD;;

Anyways, welcome to PokeCommunity, Hylia! :) Clearly you are in the right place as we have plenty of big Pokemon fans here and some really amazing people overall. You are going to settle in perfectly among everyone else as you seem great and super sweet yourself. Be sure to explore the community lots and continue talking with us! Soon enough you'll have plenty of people to call friends.

Enjoy your time here! I probably rambled a little here but hooray for chatting. <3 Let the staff know if you need any help!

Thanks a bunch!! :D Yeah I'm really curious as how the graphics are going to compare to the 3DS so I may make a thread about it after I've tested it out. I have played with a 3DS before so I know the depth of color and the HD quality of it really stands out. (:

I assume that you're also a Legend of Zelda fan? Because I looove the Zelda series myself! My favourite Zelda game is a cross between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Of course, all the Zelda games are great, (well except for the CDI ones) and really fun to play! I just love how Ocarina of Time an Twilight Princess exhibit these dark themes more so than the others! Of course, Majora's Mask and Link Between Worlds are good mentions too!

But welcome to PC, Hylia! It's really nice to meet you! It's actually nice that you're intro is pretty long; we get to learn more stuff about you! Anywho, like yourself, I too was introduced to pokemon from the first season in the anime! I loved it so much that I begged my parents to buy a gameboy color and a pokemon yellow game for me, which was Pokemon Yellow! I was never really good at Pokemon Puzzle Leauge but it was a fun game! Pokemon Stadium was a really awesome game and I wiiiish there was Pokemon Stadium 3, someday. Hm.

I'm glad that you'll be able to play Pokemon X soon, which is a really great game! I hope that you'll enjoy it! Got any plans on what starter you're going to start with? I chose the fire one myself, but, all the starters are pretty good! Anyways, again, it's nice to have you joined us, and have an amazing stay! The moderators around here will be glad to assist you with anything - be a concern or question you have around PC, because we ultimately want your enjoyment here to be a good one!

I also hope that maybe we can talk someday, and we can be friends with you'd like! <3 PC is all yours to explore, and I hope you'll enjoy posting! Cheers, and have a great day!

Oh you caught that? Haha yeah I'm a huge Zelda fan! Played Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask on N64 when I was super little. I agree on the favorites far as classic story! Twilight Princess really adopted a lot of OoT's story line and characters and I loved that, made it more nostalgic. Personally though Majoras Mask is my number one just for the reason that it completely separated from the main story and it really made you think! (even though the first time I played it I was so young the moon would always fall haha)

Oh gosh that's the question that's been haunting me XD. At first, Fennekin was my choice. I'm drawn to fire types and I've almost always chosen a fire but just from the spoilers I've been told I feel that maybe Froakie is better just because I want a balanced team and that would be hard with two fire types (with the original starters that come into play- Charmander would be my choice)

Last edited:
    Back