• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Summit [T][OOC]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

• Welcome to the Summit

"Mega Evolution: a state beyond normal Pokémon evolution. It appears to be a sudden outburst of power that occurs when a Pokémon has a strong bond with its trainers. Of course, a keystone and a mega stone unique to that Pokémon's species are required. It's also a temporary transformation. Beyond that, we don't know much."​

"What is this? A mega stone? Mega evolution? I've never heard of it. What does it—oh. Okay. I understand. Yes. I'll find them. What if they don't comply? . . . I see. I understand."​

"A state beyond evolution? Power to rival even legendary Pokémon? That is the kind of power I seek. The power to change the world."​

"If you want to stand on the Summit, you'll have to prove yourselves first."​

ooc thread
    You are here!
    | ic thread

"Professor Sycamore! Look at this!" The young scientist turned his computer around, revealing its screen to the young professor Augustine.

Sycamore leaned in, taking a moment to look over the screen's display. "What in the name of Arceus?"

"I don't know what it is, but it's been radiating from the Geosenge ruins on and off all day! This is the first time it's lasted long enough for me to get a lock on it. It doesn't seem to be fading this time. . . ." The young scientist trailed off as his focus returned to the data.

The professor took a step back, tilting his head and resting it on his hand. "If that's . . . then that means . . . but how is that possible?"

"Professor?"

"Call Alain immediately." The professor walked away from his assistant, a distant gaze in his eyes. "This is either the beginning of a breakthrough, or the beginning of a disaster."​

Ever Heard of Mega Evolution?

It's a pretty cool thing, if you haven't. When a pokémon Mega Evolves, it reaches a point beyond normal growth. It's not like normal pokémon evolution: it's a sudden and intense outburst of energy that results in a temporary transformation, giving the pokémon a drastic spike in power and ability. It can only be done when a pokémon and its partner have a powerful bond and are in possession of a keystone and a mega stone unique to that pokémon's species. Professor Augustine Sycamore of the Kalos Region is the primary researcher of this phenomenon, and recently he's taken to enlisting trainers to assist him in his research. Many of the secrets to Mega Evolution lie buried in the ruins of the past, and there's much to be learned and too little time for one man to handle it all on his own.​

Take a Trip Around the Kalos Region!

megakalos_zps52ffbc8c.png

very obvious edits done by me
    The date is May 8th, 2018, and Kalos has evolved a bit since the downfall of Team Flare. New routes have opened and new cities have been established. Beyond that, it remains rather similar.

In total, Kalos now has twenty-two cities and towns, as well as its Pokémon League.

According to Bulbapedia . . .
    The geography of Kalos varies greatly within the region. The region is naturally bordered by a vast ocean to the west and northwest, and the eastern and southern borders are formed by mountain ranges. These borders give Kalos its signature star-like shape, as a large peninsula reaches out to the sea in the northwest, creating one point, and elsewhere the mountain ranges and rivers create the remaining four points. Kalos is made up of three distinct divisions, all with their own unique characteristics in both geography and Pokémon; Central Kalos, Coastal Kalos and Mountain Kalos. Lumiose City is located near the point where all three areas meet.

Central Kalos is located in the centric and southern parts of the region. The area is dominated by large forested plains with multiple rivers crossing it. Most towns are surrounded by walls of some sort, and there are also many old castles and châteaus. Many important human settlements and landmarks are located here, such as Vaniville Town, Santalune City, a portion of Lumiose City, and the Parfum Palace.

Coastal Kalos is located by the vast sea in the western parts of Kalos. The mainly explored area is a strip between mountains and the sea. This strip is dominated by rocky shores in the southwest and lush beaches and forests in the northwest. Most human settlements are located by the sea. The peninsula in the northwest is known for its menhir stones. There are many important locations, such as the Reflection Cave, Geosenge Town, and Shalour City with its Tower of Mastery.

Mountain Kalos is located in the eastern reaches of the region. The area is largely mountainous and the temperatures tend to be cooler than in the other parts, with some routes and settlements having snow covering them. To the north there is a marshy area that is said to be haunted. However, the settlements are plentiful, and there are some important landmarks, such as the Kalos Power Plant that is built on a harsh wasteland, the Poké Ball Factory in Laverre City, and the Pokémon League.

Where You Fit In

images

You will be playing as one of Professor Sycamore's aides; a skilled trainer seeking out the secrets of Mega Evolution. You can be of varying skill levels, but you'll have one pokémon partner with the ability to Mega Evolve.

You'll have already been under the guidance of Professor Sycamore for sometime, and Mega Evolution will not be a new thing to you. But lately things have been changing. The discovery of Mega Stones has been occurring more frequently, and the energies given off by the stones is growing more intense. No one knows why, and that's why Professor Sycamore has tasked you all with finding out.

Along your journey you will encounter other trainers with the ability to Mega Evolve. Some of these trainers will be friendly, others won't be quite so kind. A few of them will be unaffiliated with any faction, but most of them will either be under the employ of Sycamore or Professor Lilith Hemlock, a new face to the scene of pokémon researchers, but with enough talent and intelligence to rival already established pokémon professors. There's also rumor of the Cult of Diancie having power over Mega Evolution, and lately they've been coming to more prominence in the field.

Regardless of whatever you may come up against, it is your duty to discover the truth behind Mega Evolution, and in the process become a master of the art of Mega Evolution by reaching the Summit.​

Assistant's Application

Name: (First and last. Middle and nicknames are optional.)
    Birth Date: (Fifteen years or older, in the date format of January xth, 20XX)
    Hometown: (ex. Vaniville Town, Kalos)

Appearance | (physical description and general style of clothing)

History | (what was your character's life up until this point like? They have a pokémon with the ability to Mega Evolve, so they're not exactly new to the training scene)

Pokémon Partner
    Species: (one with a Mega Evolution! You may also have three other pokémon on your team who are not capable of Mega Evolution. If you're not sure of all the pokémon that can Mega Evolve, here's a list)
    Name: (make it good!)
    Moveset: (ten moves of your choice, including egg/TM/HM moves)​
    Writing Sample | (for me to see how you write when it comes to a post! Why not make it a new sample of your character and their partner? In any situation you wish!)

Miscellaneous | (anything else you feel is worth mentioning that wasn't covered above.)​

Guidelines for Sycamore's Aides

• All Pokécommunity roleplay rules apply.
    • The roleplay is rated T for Teen, meaning no excessive swearing, violence, or romance. These things are fine in moderation.
    • Try to be active! At least one post a week is recommended. If you disappear for an extended period of time without giving a reason why, you may be kicked from the roleplay.
    • No Godmodding or powerplaying.
    • No bunnying the character of another user unless you have been given permission to do so.
    • Mary Sues/Gary Stus will be fed to the Sharpedo.
    • Be respectful of your fellow roleplayers.
    • Good luck, have fun!

Aides Employed

Andrea Jones (Sceptile) as played by Nakuzami
    Michael Corn (Houndoom) as played by [user]Varys the Galvantula[/user]
    Blair Adams (Sableye) as played by [user]Tixen[/user]
    Kenneth Brayland (Aerodactyl) as played by [user]Yamagi Sosuke[/user]
    Victor R. Piroca (Charizard X) as played by [user]The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero[/user]
    Hugh Dexter (Slowbro) as played by [user]<Challenger>[/user]
    Leonard Wayland (Banette) as played by [user]GastlyGibus[/user]
    Tabitha "Tanith" Schauer (Alakazam) as played by [user]GoldenHouou[/user]
    Dahlia Angstrom (Scizor) as played by [user]なぎ[/user]
    Aegis Zelhart (Mawile) as played by [user]Ricochett[/user]​

background art by mark331 of deviantART

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Okay, let the sign ups commence! Here's my own SU. I'll let the initial sign-ups run until the end of winter break (which for me ends the first week of January), or longer if need be.

You Honestly Think You Can Match Up?

"I've walked these plains for years, met so many people and been to so many places, but I've yet to see anything more magnificent than pokémon."​

"They call Pride a sin for a reason; too much of it with too little to back it up can lead you to dark places."​

"You see, the thing is that I don't really care about your feelings, so I advise you to leave my friends alone."​

"Darling, trust that I can handle any challenge you throw at me."​

Assistant's Application

Name: Andrea Jones
    Birth Date: November 14th, 1998; 19 years of age
    Hometown: Shalour City, Kalos

Appearance |
    Stunning, elegant, and a total BA femme fatale. Andrea's words, but she's not too far off, and if you want to say otherwise you should probably be ready for a fight.

At five feet eight inches and one hundred and seventy pounds of well-toned muscle, she holds a rather imposing stature. Her facial features are as defined as her biceps, which have developed from her forays into gymnastics and some parkour. She has piercing green eyes and short black hair, which is longer in the front, with her bangs generally covering her left eye. She can typically be seen wearing a mischievous grin, thin eyeliner, mascara, and bright vermilion lipstick. Her garb of choice includes an off-the-shoulder rose colored shirt with long butterfly style sleeves and a torso that would show a large midriff were it not for the black tank top that she wears beneath it. She's usually clad in light blue denim shorts and over the knee striped socks, which alternate in color from black to magenta on her right leg and black and dark blue on her left. She wears mid-calf black leather boots and her keystone is in the form of a dangle earring on her right lobe.​

History |
    Born and raised in Shalour City, Kalos, Andrea was a trouble maker from the very start. She got into everything, made infinite messes, and gave more sass than any toddler has a right to. Though she's grown up, she hasn't grown out of any of her troubling habits; they've simply evolved. She's moved on from petty play-dough thievery and causing stampedes of Tauros to misdemeanors and causing stampedes of Tauros with malicious intent. Her sassy nature has only grown with time, and for many she can be a bit much to handle.

It may seem odd that the daughter of a Pokémon Ranger and a Contest Star would prove such a nuisance, but the idea that the parents have total control over how their children will grow is nonsense, so get that out of your head. Despite many theories, Andrea doesn't act out because of some past trauma or discontent with her upbringing; she's just a delinquent by nature, simple as that. As she would put it, "you don't have to understand me or like me, but know that you'll never change me. That's up to me and me alone." She's a self-diagnosed wild child, and she certainly lives up to the title.

Despite her many flaws, she's an intelligent young woman and a talented Pokémon Trainer. She was one of the brightest students in her grade and, perhaps if she had applied herself more, she could have been at the top of her class. She didn't care much for academics, though she acceled in the majority of her subjects, but she did outshine all of her peers when it came to Pokémon battling, training, grooming, and breeding; she was also far more competitive and considerably louder than her classmates. This lent itself well to her adventurous spirit and elevated her to new heights in strength at a young age.

She was fifteen when she was on a trip to Lumiose City and literally ran into Professor Sycamore. She had been running away from a local security guard when she mowed the daydreaming Augustine down. At first he was confused, as most people would be, but after taking a moment to assess the situation, which involved Andrea's mischievous Noibat and some stolen Luxury Balls, Sycamore decided to give the girl a small test—after getting her to return the Luxury Balls, of course. Augustine could see that Andrea was trouble—it was a fact that was hard to miss—but after testing her potential as a trainer and observing how she interacted with Pokémon, he opted to present her with an opportunity. This opportunity, of course, involved a starter Pokémon and a Pokédex.

He gave Andrea a Treecko, which he had gotten from Professor Birch as they assisted one another in their research. She named the Treecko Oliver, and, at Sycamore's behest, began to travel around the Kalos region after gaining her parents' consent. She saw many Pokémon and battled many trainers, but during the next four years of her journey she would only catch two more Pokémon: a Solosis and a Slakoth. She figured it was better to have a small team that she was close with than a large pool of Pokémon that she couldn't keep track of on her own. It worked for her, and it didn't take her long to earn numerous accolades, including a dozen Gym Badges and half a dozen Contest Ribbons. Once she had progressed far enough, Sycamore contacted her with some interesting news.

He needed skilled trainers to help him with a higher level in his research, which is why he initially entrusted Andrea with Oliver, as she would learn. After explaining the details to her, he presented her with a keystone and a Sceptilite. Now in possession of Mega Evolution, Andrea quickly ascended to even greater heights. She garnered a significant reputation and earned as much recognition as many of Kalos's Gym Leaders, and now she's one of Sycamore's top trainer assistants, second only to Alain.

Recently Augustine's research has been moving forward far faster, but as his successes have increased, so have the obstacles he's faced with, causing him to recruit a number of new aides. He's found a rival in Lilith Hemlock, a relatively new researcher that rose from the masses seemingly overnight, as well as challenges from the Cult of Diancie. This has caused Andrea to increase her activity, and Sycamore has given her the rather droll task of guiding the newer aides as they get started. Not exactly her cup of tea, but she thought it an interesting propisition, figuring she could at least get some amusement out of it.​

Pokémon Partner
    sceptile.gif
    sceptile-mega.gif

Species: Sceptile
    Name: Oliver
    Moveset: Leaf Storm - Solarbeam - Dragon Pulse - Focus Blast - Hyper Beam - Hidden Power (Steel) - Acrobatics - Night Slash - Dig - Sunny Day
    Other Pokémon
    slaking.gif

Species: Slaking
    Name: D'Artagnan
    Moveset: Hammer Arm - Punishment - Earthquake - Return - Shadow Claw - Giga Impact - Rock Slide - Substitute - Slack Off - Bulk Up
    reuniclus.gif

Species: Reuniclus
    Name: Jamie
    Moveset: Reflect - Light Screen - Recover - Psyshock - Thunder - Rain Dance - Shadow Ball - Flash Cannon - Skill Swap - Wonder Room
    noivern.gif

Species: Noivern
    Name: Zoë
    Moveset: Boomburst - Dragon Pulse - Hurricane - Roost - Dark Pulse - Heat Wave - Water Pulse - Draco Meteor - Agility - Supersonic
    Writing Sample |
    "Why not get Alain to do this? He's not the most social, but he certainly gets along better with others than I do."

Andrea examined her red nail polish for a moment, before resuming to file her fingernails. She sat on a counter top within Professor Sycamore's lab, which was bright, clean, and remarkably well organized. She had just been informed of her new role as babysitter to the group of incoming aides, which she didn't find all too appealing. It would probably prove hilariously disastrous somewhere down the line.

Augustine flipped through a folder, presumably filled with data on his new assistants. "That's exactly why I'm giving you this responsibility. You need to learn some cooperative skills, both for your own sake and the sake of our research here." He set down the folder and returned to his computer without giving Andrea a second glance.

"If you say so, but don't blame me when it all goes up in flames. Hopefully not in the literal sense, but I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility." She pocketed her nail file and jumped to her feet, walking over to where Oliver, her Sceptile, slept.

"Get up you lazy lizard," she said, nudging him with her foot. He cracked one eye open, giving her a cursory glance.

Sycamore turned to Andrea, his gaze more serious than normal. "Try to perform with a bit more earnestness in this task, Andrea. Events have been progressing rather quickly as of late, and we need to be focused if we want our many years of research to prove fruitful."

Andrea hesitated for a moment. She knew the Professor was right, and though the "we" in this scenario didn't really include her, she understood what this meant to him.

"I'll do my best," she responded. "Just don't expect any miracles."

"Of course."

Andrea let out a soft sigh. She guessed that now was the time to learn how to make friends, or perhaps how to become an efficient dictator.

"Come on, Oliver. See you later, Professor." She turned to the exit with a wave, Oliver quickly getting to his feet to follow her. Sycamore's goodbye reached her as she exited the room.​

Miscellaneous |
    background art by mark331 of deviantART

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Might as well make this my placeholder...

Trainer Arc

Tesserain "Tessa" Barren
    Female
    May 12th, 1999
    19 Years Old
    Coumarine City

Appearance |
    Spoiler:

History |
    Spoiler:

Team Destiny BF Arc
    altaria-mega.gif

altaria.gif
    Species: Altaria
    Name: Blue
    Moveset: Outrage ~ Moonblast ~ Fly ~ Ice Beam ~ Flamethrower ~ Draco Meteor ~ Iron Tail ~ Solarbeam ~ Dragon Pulse ~ Earthquake

torterra.gif
    Species: Torterra
    Name: Buddy
    Moveset: Wood Hammer ~ Earthquake ~ Iron Tail ~ Superpower ~ Seed Bomb ~ Iron Head ~ Outrage ~ Stone Edge ~ Bite ~ Synthesis

gastrodon.gif
    Species: Gastrodon
    Name: Booth
    Movesets: Muddy Water ~ Surf ~ Earthquake ~ Ancient Power ~ Acid Armor ~ Brine ~ Sludge Wave ~ Stone Edge ~ Giga Impact ~ Ice Beam

chandelure.gif
    Species: Chandelure
    Name: Grace
    Movesets: Overheat ~ Giga Impact ~ Shadow Ball ~ Energy Ball ~ Double Team ~ Sunny Day ~ Solarbeam ~ Acid Armor ~ Psychic ~ Dark Pulse

Writing Sample |
    Spoiler:

Miscellaneous | (anything else you feel is worth mentioning that wasn't covered above.)

Last edited:

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
    Years
  • I'm done with the SU. Tell me if I need to change anything.

"At least you get to see something new everyday, right?"

Name: Erik Daniel Roseberry
    Birth Date: December 24th, 1994
    23 years old
    Hometown: Nimbasa City

Appearance |
    Spoiler:

History |
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Partner

Species: Gardevior
    Name: Marlene
    Moveset: Psyshock, Will-O-Wisp, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Double Team, Hyper Voice, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Hyper Beam, Moon Blast

Other Pokemon

Species: Bisharp
    Name: Ari
    Moveset: Iron Defense, Night Slash, Iron Head, Sucker Punch, Brick Break, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Power-up Punch, Duel-Chop, Aerial Ace

Species: Volcarona
    Name: Amaterasu
    Moveset: Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Solar Beam, Giga Drain, Amnesia, Roost, Tail Wind, Protect

Species: Dragonite
    Name: Spyro
    Moveset: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Aqua Tail, Fly, Extreme Speed, Ice Punch, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Giga Impact, SuperPower

Writing Sample |
    Spoiler:

Miscellaneous | In the image of Erik, instead of the collar with the broken chain on it, it's is replaced by a necklace with which the Keystone is housed.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Nice to see some sign-ups. :3

@ZeganZoma - Yes, they can be from any region! They just need a reason to be in Kalos, which could be as simple as "hey, I decided to go to Kalos. Heard it was cool." Or, for example, you could do something with Professor Birch referring them to Sycamore if they came from Hoenn.

And there's no "power restriction" or anything on moves. Double Team is certainly allowed on Gardevoir. The only issue is that you have eleven moves listed for her, which is one over the limit. d:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Since i don't know how to do those tags you did, i will try to do a decent SU

"I don't know who i am at all... Only thing i need are answers..."

Name: Gold "Gelius" Griffin
    Birth Date: 19 years old, 17th September, 1999
    Hometown: Vaniville Town, Kalos

Appearance | Gelius stands at 5 Feet and 9 inches, has brown hair and green eyes. His skin has a brown tone (Like he would be sun tanning for the entire life but he never tanned himself.) and his hair is all wild and messy.

Gelius usually wears a black t-shirt under his green jacket with black stripes horizontally that is always open and blue jeans. Gelius normally has black and green gloves (that are also insulating gloves) on the hands and uses a black scarf. Gelius has black and white tennis and uses an hat on the head. He has a Mega Ring with a Key Stone attached to it on his wrist.

History | Gold had born on Vaniville Town, 17th September of 1999. He lived with his mother and had a brother. His brother died with a heart disease on 2005, the same year where Gold nursed an injured Sneasel and kept him after Sneasel refusing to go to the wild.

When Gold turned 8, he went on a vacation on Coumarine, having caught a Trapinch passing by the desert. Then a Berserk Ludicolo started to attack everyone. Gold calmed down the Ludicolo and caught it. With that, Gold had a team of 3 pokemon.

2 years later, Gold was on Lumoise City with his mother, but they were robbed and his mother was
    murdered and Gold took an hit on the head. Gold hit the wall with the head and fell on the floor. The burglars thought that Gold was dead...

Hours later, Gold woke up alone at the dark streets of Lumoise alone. He did not remembered nothing, in exception of his name and his Pokemon. Gold found a diary and opened it. On the diary, it was written that his name was Gold Gelius Griffin (His father name) and he was an assistant of Professor Sycamore. Gold tried to remember who was this person. Having no clue, he believed that the diary was correct, and started to use Gelius as name. He went then to Professor Sycamore's Lab.

At the time he found the lab, it was midday. When Gold entered the Lab, he saw that professor was robbed too. Gold found the burglar and Sycamore gave him a pokeball containing Torchic inside and a Pokedex. Then Gold started his training as assistant.

6 years later, Gold already owned a Blaziken and a Flygon. Seeing his progress, Sycamore gave him a Blazikenite and a Mega Ring (that is no his wrist) with a Key Stone. Yet, Gold did not found any clues about his past.

On the actual time, Gold already lives on Lumoise City, on his apartment. Taking as rival Lance (a guy who works for Lilith Hemlock) in researching and battles. He has heard about the Cult of Diancie in only on stories. He even did not knew that he had another journey on his way...

Pokémon Partner
    tumblr_inline_n9pl6pAR021qc20nt.gif
    370177_170x100.png

Species: Blaziken
    Name: Blazing-foot
    Moveset: Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Blast Burn, Brave Bird, High Jump Kick, Shadow Claw, Giga Impact, Aerial Ace

sneasel_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48zf.gif

Species: Sneasel
    Name: Frost
    Moveset: Aerial Ace, Blizzard, Surf, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Ice Punch, Foul Play, Thief, Ice Beam

x_y_flygon_cursor_by_mid0456-d7a0qmd.gif

Species: Flygon
    Name: Lord Earth
    Moveset: Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Fly, Dragon Pulse, Heat Wave, Dragon Tail, Rest, Sandstorm

Ludicolo_XY.gif

Species: Ludicolo
    Name: Sombrero
    Moveste: Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Focus Punch, Drain Punch, Hydro Pump, Protect, Blizzard, Solar Beam, Dive

Writing Sample |
    Spoiler:

Miscellaneous | Gold has amnesia, and has a mysterious diary that he found when he woke up without memory. Gold can be found many times in the La passion brûlante cafe, where he passes most of his free times, talking to the employees Mimi, Sissy, Carl and Lily.

I will finish the SU soon.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Attract was just in-case i couldn't use Double-Team. Know that i know, i'll delete it as soon as i get to it.

Moveset: Psyshock, Will-O-Wisp, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Double Team, Hyper Voice, Psychic, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Hyper Beam, Moon Blast

I didn't count Attract. You still have eleven moves listed for her. d: My recommendation would be to remove one of your two Psychic-type or two Normal-type moves if you're looking for variation.

Since i don't know how to do those tags you did, i will try to do a decent SU

Miscellaneous | Gold has amnesia, and has a mysterious diary that he found when he woke up without memory.

Ahaha, your SU doesn't need to have any fancy CSS or anything. I just like doing that kind of stuff with my own. c;

And be careful with the whole amnesia thing. It can easily turn into an annoying character cliché. (especially since the diary instantly reminds me of Ringabel from Bravely Default.)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • reservation please for Houndoom :) Thank you! I will have an SU up by tomorrow night, if all goes well.

WIP

THIS IS DONE

VSAce_Trainer_M.png

Michael Corn || Corn​

Male || May 21, 1995 || Shalour City​

Appearance: Corn stands at an average height of five-foot-seven. He is crowned with a thick bushel of black hair, but almost always dyed purple, that is always combed to the side. He has small purple eyes accentuated by his small nose and mouth. He is a lanky guy; however, he tries to tone his arms and legs to some muscular degree. He is almost pale white in complexion.

Corn is known to dress richly. More often than not, he could be seen wearing his favorite long-sleeved shirt, buttons-up. Also, during formal occasions, he would let out a neckerchief hanging over the top of his clothes, akin to a kid's bib. He is also seen wearing black slacks and leather shoes. During his travels, he prefers to ride on his Pokemon, as dirt will really ruin his outfit.

History: Michael Corn was born in a below-average family, financially speaking that is. He is the third of four children, and the only one to proceed on the path of becoming a Pokemon trainer. His two older siblings went on to the university with the hope of raising their family up the social ladder. Corn, in all his reasons, saw no need to do the same. He believed in the power of his siblings so he decided to follow his own dreams, a luxury that could not be afforded by his older brothers. At the age of fifteen, he studied under the tutelage of the Guru, a veteran living inside the Shalour Tower. His older brother had given him a Pokemon to use for his journey. However, Corn decided to study everything he can with the Guru before setting out on his journey. By the time he was seventeen, he knew he can conquer the gym circuit more than anything.

During this travels that he developed a taste for fine clothing. Kalos is known to be a really fashionable region, as people there generally has a rich taste for style. However, growing up in a different kind of family, he never thought to indulge himself in that kind of want. He has had hand-me-downs for his clothes since time immemorial. He chanced upon a botique during his travels. Using the money he had gathered from his training, he shopped clothes until it was not possible for him to spend further without endangering his supplies for training. He loved the feeling.

His first Pokemon was an Houndour. Corn knew from the Guru that if he worked hard enough and looked all over the region, his Pokemon could have the capability to Mega-Evolve, a different kind of evolution in which certain Pokemon will gain temporary boosts in their power. Eventually, after searching long and hard, he found the Houndoominite and was able to Mega-Evolve his own Houndoom, in which he named Horn. His ability to Mega-Evolve his Pokemon caught the attention of Sycamore, the region Professor who had been extensively studying the mysteries of the new evolution.

The Professor summoned Corn to his lab in Lumiose City. Corn, having several badges under his belt, and is in the middle of training his Pokemon, thought that it would do little, if there is at all, harm if he paid a little visit to the famed city in Kalos. It would help him also as he could challenge the gym leader to a rematch to further improve his ability. He could also fulfill his long-time plan to try the restaurants in the city. He was specifically wanting to go to the Sushi High-Roller Club. However, all his plans were once again postponed since Sycamore asked a huge favor from Corn.

Sycamore doesn't want anyone to put his favor in priority. As he said, it was only a favor for a stranger that Corn barely knows. However, he really needed Corn's help as he was one of the few individuals who have already unlocked Mega-evolution in their Pokemon. He suggested Corn finish his journey first, challenge the League. After that, come back to the Professor and serve as an assistant to him. Corn took little time to decide. He had not yet imagined what to do after winning the League and here is a good option presented to him. He agreed to take on the job, once he was done with the gym circuit.

Renewed, he quickly rushed through the remaining gyms with his Pokemon. He had grown to be a top-class trainer, so it was no surprise when he finished in the Top 4 in the League. With the victory in hand, he returned to Professor Sycamore, to learn the details and the extent of his assistance to the famed professor.

Pokémon Partner
    Species:
    229-f.gif
    229-mega.gif

Name: Horn
    Moveset: Inferno, Nasty Plot, Crunch, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Fang, Hyper Voice, Protect, Sludge Bomb

Species:
    596.gif

Name: Neru
    Moveset: Bug Buzz, Discharge, Sucker Punch, Agility, Thunder Wave, Sticky Web, Cross Poison, Thunder, Protect, X-Scissor

Species:
    184.gif

Name: Fiara
    Moveset: Aqua Jet, Superpower, Play Rough, Aqua Ring, Hail, Rain Dance, Substitute, Waterfall, Hyper Voice, Knock Off

Species:
    652.gif

Name: Khal
    Moveset: Spiky Shield, Giga Impact, Hammer Arm, Wood Hammer, Bulk Up, Leech Seed, Poison Jab, Spikes, Fling, Stone Edge

Writing Sample:

It was the battle for entry into the finals. There were four remaining participants in the League. Corn was matched up with a blonde girl a few years younger than him. From the announcer, Corn knew that her name was Serena. Well, he scouted her before the match, as he did to all his previous opponents. He needed to know what Pokemon she might bring so he can counter her. Corn believed that a battle starts even before a trainer threw the first ball. From his data gathering, Corn saw that the girl was an accomplished trainer. She was one of Sycamore's assistant also; although, she was helping the professor fill the Pokedex. However, he assumed that Serena also has the ability to Mega-Evolve a Pokemon. She has a few Pokemon in her disposal that might have the ability so there really is a good chance. She had a vast repertoire of Pokemon in rotation. Corn watched some of her previous battles on tape and saw that she was more of an offensive trainer. Corn knew how to counter that.

The time came for the match. It was the standard 4-vs-4 battle. Serena was the first one to call out a Pokemon. She sent out her Meowstic. Corn decided not to send out Horn yet, despite having the type advantage, so he sent out his second Pokemon, Neru the Galvantula. Neru spit out a Spider Web as he appeared, entangling the Psychic-type and slowing its movements. However, this does not seem to daunt Serena as she ordered her Meowstic to attack.

A blob of dark matter appeared between the ears of Meowstic as the Pokemon's eyes glowed. Corn could see Neru becoming wary of the attack. However, he ordered the Electric-type to use Bug Buzz. It surprised him to discover that Meowstic was not affected. The attack simply echoed throughout the stadium. Meowstic sent out the Shadow Ball. It was so quick that Neru failed to dodge it. It hit Corn's Pokemon squarely in its multi-eyed face. Corn decided to recall Neru and sent out his Houndoom. Seeing the intensity of that attack, he couldn't afford to lose a Pokemon quite so early in the game.

"Horn, its your turn to fight!" His Houndoom appeared in a flash of light. He decided that a trainer of Serena's capability needs a quick battle. "Mega-Evolve!" He raised the sleeves of his shirt and revealed a bracelet in which a stone of many facets glowed. Houndoom roared and, in another flash of light, Mega Evolved. "Crunch!" Houndoom was too agile for the Meowstic, whose eyes were still glowing. Houndoom managed to clamp its jaws into the Psychic-type. However, if it did significant damage, Meowstic didn't show it.

"Meowstic! Disarming Voice!" Meowstic sent out a piercing blast of sound waves that knocked Houndoom back. Houndoom recovered and once again bounded back to the Meowstic. Houndoom once again used Crunch and, this time, the Meowstic was knocked down. Serena called it back in a flash of light. She sent out her Jolteon.

"Quick Attack!" Jolteon disappeared. Corn knew that Jolteon, as a species, is on a different speed tier than most Pokemon, but Serena's Jolteon was just too fast. It hit Houndoom in the sides and disappeared once again. Houndoom was looking everywhere for even a blur but there was none to be find. Seconds passed before Corn saw an opening.

"Houndoom! Protect!" Houndoom placed the barrier up in which the Jolteon crashed into, disorienting it. "Inferno!" Houndoom let out a huge roar and flames erupted from the fields. It hit Jolteon. However, the Electric-type isn't dazzled by tricks like that. It disappeared again in a blur. Flames continue to erupt throughout the fields as Houndoom looked for its opponent. While the Jolteon is weaker compared to the Houndoom, it certainly makes up for speed. And it was really speedy.

"Care, Horn," Corn warned his Pokemon. Horn growled and started pacing the area, wary of any sound Jolteon makes. The crowd seemed to fall silent too. Serena had her eyes closed, Horn deduced. He thought he could get a clue where Jolteon is with her eyes but apparently there was no using to that trick.

"Jolteon, now Thunder!" Jolteon appeared crashing into the Houndoom and a huge blast of electricity coursed through the Houndoom. It didn't surprise either contender to see Houndoom faint.

From there, the battle took a downward turn in Corn's side. He sent out his Chesnaught, but Serena quickly recalled his Jolteon and sent out his Meowstic. Chesnaught never stood a chance. Azumarill was defeated by Jolteon, although he thought he had gained an advantage many times during that bout. Galvantula was decimated by her Delphox.

Thus went Corn's worst battle in his training history.

Miscellaneous: N/A

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Since i never played the full version of Braverly Default, i didn't remembered of that (Because i was seeing a game play of the game). Maybe i should be careful. I will try my best.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Are we allowed to use pictures for Appearance?

Yep! I was originally intending to use one for mine, but I haven't gotten around to re-drawing Andrea.

If it's not a full body picture, make sure to describe details that aren't shown. Heck, why not describe it alongside the picture? There might be details you want to say that aren't visualized.

And if you're going to use someone else's art, remember to give them credit. Just a little reminder. d:

Tixen

*Insert something witty here*
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    I think I'll just leave this here for now... All done!

Name: Blair Addams
    Birth Date: 31st of October, 1997
    Hometown: Lavender Town, Kanto

Appearance |

Spoiler:

History | Blair was born in Saffron City as the only child of a sailor and a general manager of an international company. Due to their jobs, neither parent could be at home to look after a small child, so she was sent to live with her uncle, Mortimer, in Lavender Town. Mortimer worked as a priest for the Pokemon Tower, conducting funerals and consoling grieving humans and Pokemon about the deaths of their partners, along with helping the spirits of the dead pass from this world. He tried to distance the young Blair from his job, but as he still had to keep her with him during the day, Blair spent most of her childhood playing within the tower. Initially, she did not dare to wander far from Mortimer and the purified zone, but as she started to befriend the ghosts around her, she grew more confident and wandered the older, undisturbed areas of the tower.

It was during one of her wanderings that Blair, travelling with her now ever present company of ghosts, came across a strange Pokemon that she had never seen before. She was accustomed to the Gastly's and Haunter's in the tower, but this small purple humanoid caught her attention. The creature was shy, and fled, but Blair pursued him, eventually managing to convince him to come out into the open. Slowly, the two bonded, and the Sableye became less docile and shy around the human girl, demonstrating that while he was not physically strong, he was intelligent enough to use other means to get where he wished. This attribute resulted in Blair eventually starting to call him Loki, due to his trickster like nature.

Once Blair reached the age of ten, Mortimer decided that due to the fact that she was accustomed to the ghosts, that she could assist him in his duties. Originally intending to bring her along to help with funerals, he found that while she was still young and could charm the adults, she was often quite blunt with her words, and seemed to lack the delicacy needed for such situations. So, Blair started to help with sending the spirits of the dead to the next world. This she excelled at, as she had gained a strong reputation within the tower residents and they often would trust her, even if the wording was not the greatest, that releasing their earthy ties and moving on was the best idea. Loki often assisted her with this task when the spirit in question was aggressive.

Despite how dearly she loved the tower and those who lived and worked within it, over time Blair became increasingly curious about the world beyond Lavender and Saffron. Once Mortimer became aware of this strong desire, he decided to arrange with her parents to take her to Hoenn with them for her seventeenth birthday present. When the day to leave arrived, Loki started to follow Blair towards Vermillion to her surprise, and eventually presented her with an empty Pokeball. Realising that he desired to stay with her, no matter what, Blair caught him in that Pokeball, and the two headed to Lilycove, Hoenn, in a state of bliss from their new partnership.

In Hoenn, they decided to try their hand at a few Pokemon gyms, and found that with Loki's cunning and the help of a Shuppet named Ankou, they managed to defeat Liza and Tate while Blair's mother was in business talks with the Space Centre. After this, they travelled to Sootopolis, the final stop before they returned to Kanto. However, while the trio was exploring the city, Loki sniffed out a curious stone. Blair had found many beautiful rocks in her time – Loki found them delicious – but none so like this. It was perfectly round, and shone with purple and red. She quickly headed to the Pokemon Centre to use a public computer to try and discover what exactly the stone was. As she was doing this, an experienced trainer came up to her. He introduced himself as Brendan, and explained that the stone was a Sablenite, capable of mega evolving Sableye, if its trainer had a Key Stone. Brendan demonstrated how mega evolution worked, and suggested that if she wanted to know more on the topic, the leading researcher was Professor Sycamore in Kalos.

With this information, Blair returned to Kanto, desiring to travel the world more. She decided that after a year of saving money, that she wanted to explore more, and figured that if she was planning on travelling, that she might as well go to Kalos and see if she could find anything out about this Sablenite. They arrived in Lumiose, and sought out the Professor. He confirmed what Brendan had said, so Blair requested to know where she could obtain a Key Stone. Concerned about whether or not the eighteen year old girl was responsible enough to handle Mega Evolution, and due to being a bit short on help, he offered her a job for the week, which after this time, he decided to offer her a job. She accepted, and began working as one of his Aides. Over time, she grew to be a stronger battler with her Pokemon, adding to her party a foul tempered Misdreavus named Hecate, and a Honedge with two distinctive personalities, Gemi and Mini, or collectively referred to as Gemini. After two years of working, Syncamore finally decided that Blair was worthy enough to have a Key Stone, and gave it to her. Due to the strong bond Blair and Loki had developed over the years that they'd been together, they did not find Mega Evolution to be too difficult to achieve. Nowdays, Blair still works as an Aide, and while she is not the best battler out there, her knowledge of ghost types carves her a bit of a niche.

302.gif
    sableye-mega.gif

Species: Sableye
    Name: Loki
    Moveset: Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Dazzling Gleam, Confuse Ray, Protect, Will-O-Wisp, Poison Jab, Recover, Shadow Ball, Psychic

477.gif

Species: Dusknoir
    Name: Ankou
    Moveset: Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Disable, Earthquake, Payback, Toxic, Sucker Punch, Protect, Shadow Punch, Fire Punch

680.gif

Species: Doublade
    Name: Gemini
    Moveset: Swords Dance, Aerial Ace, Night Slash, Iron Head, Sacred Sword, Double Team, Magnet Rise, Shadow Claw, Protect, Rock Slide

429.gif

Species: Mismagius
    Name: Hecate
    Moveset: Mystic Fire, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Thunder Wave, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Heal Bell, Hidden Power Fighting

Writing Sample | The young adult exited the main laboratory, not able to contain her excitement, a huge grin gracing her face. She clutched her right hand tightly around the small velvet pouch the Professor had just given her. Inside she could feel a single small stone – it seemed too tiny and too plain looking for the power it held. Blair crouched down, bringing herself to face level of her companion, Loki. Sableye's weren't exactly the easiest Pokemon for human's to read the emotions of, on account of the fact that their eyes were hidden by gemstones, but thanks to the years that they'd spent together, she could understand his body language easily. He was bouncing up and down on his heels, usual behaviour when he was excited, but he also was bitting his lip slightly. The two were having similar emotions of excitement and nervousness.

Not wanting to hold back, she shoved down any worried thoughts she had, and gestured at Loki to follow her as she set off running towards the nearest park, her long ponytails trailing behind her. Upon reaching her destination, she pulled out her other three Pokeballs and released her partners held within. In a flash of white light, Ankou, Gemini and Hecate appeared. All three of them knew what was up, and Blair figured that they'd want to see this.

She pulled the keystone free of its pouch, and held it up for her Pokemon to see. "All right guys, we've been waiting for this a long time." She said, feeling a swarm of Butterfree's zooming around her stomach. "This is our new Key Stone! And with it, and the Sablenite, Loki will be able to achieve Mega Evolution!"

Hecate rolled her eyes and sighed, exasperated. Gemi seemed to also be of the same opinion – she knew what the Key Stone was and what it did. Mini however, seemed absolutely caught up in the moment, and Ankou was as patient as ever. After checking that Loki was holding the Sablenite, Blair yelled to the sky, with a huge grin on her face.

"Loki! Mega Evo-" Her smile froze where it was, and she watched as the Key Stone fell out of her hand in slow motion, into the long grass that she was standing in. For a moment, Blair stood there, with the stupid grin stuck on her face, before letting out a stream of words she really shouldn't speak, and falling to her knees, eyes frantically scanning the grass for any hint of the rainbow coloured stone.

"OhmygodIdroppedtheKeyStonetheProfessorwillkillmeifIloseth-" Her stream of panicked words was cut off by Loki, who pressed one finger to her lips. He then inhaled sharply, smelling the air, and used his ability to sniff out rare stones to assist him. Only a moment later, the Sableye pulled out the Key Stone from the grass, giving it back to his trainer. Blair exhaled in relief, and thanked her Pokemon for finding it. She stood back up again, and this time, making sure that she had a tight grip on the Key Stone, commanded Loki to Mega Evolve.

Nothing happened the first time, but after many frustrated attempts (and Hecate getting so bored that she wandered off somewhere), the stone Blair held grew hot. Loki started to glow white, and it quickly intensified as beams of purple were thrown out of the key stone. In an intense flash, the Sableye's form changed. His eye gems changed from their usual blue into a blood red, his fur and claws grew sharper, and a chesire cat grin split his face. However, the most notable difference was the sudden appearance of a giant red stone, about as large as Loki, which he carried. Blair crouched down and wrapped her Pokemon up in a big hug, a feeling of delight and a sense of accomplishment spreading through her body like wildfire. Loki had Mega Evolved for the first time.

Miscellaneous | N/A

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • Assistant's Application

Name: Kenneth Brayland
    Birth Date: June 20th 2002, 17 years of age
    Hometown: Ambrette Town, Kalos

Appearance |
    Kenneth is a dark-skinned male standing at five feet eight with a slim build. His hair is cut short but maintains a dark shade. The edges are sharp around his angular features. While not the typical image of average, he tends to see himself as nothing else. His chocolate brown eyes are often accentuated with a warm smile. The occasional bout of stress acne can arise but those are usually gone in the next few days or so. When he's too preoccupied with his work to care, stubble may fall along his jaw line and fuzz may grow on his chin.

He is often seen wearing a pair of stylish black sweats pants, the legs often slimming down to his calves and ankles but parachuting out near the thighs. A stormy gray colored shirt is covered by a maroon jacket. Although unnecessary he finds it bonds him and his Saga together by wearing a sash of black and gray sharpened stones around his waist; which is usually only partially visual from beneath his jacket. His keystone lays in between four dark stones looped through black string and hung around his neck.​

History |
    As dedicated as he is to being a trainer and his studies, Kenneth's success is most likely due to luck than anything else. Starting from a young age, he often helped his father at the lab in Ambrette Town. Though the things he did were ultimately small, he found a certain gratification in helping his father complete his work. He wasn't sure if it was witnessing the ancient birth of long-dead fossils or if it was the joy he saw on his father's face as he worked. Something that was scarce and rare.

While he had never known his mother, Kenneth always dreamed of what she would look like. He wondered if she was dark-skin like him? was her skin smooth or wrinkled? Did she have a sense of fashion? Did she love Pokemon the way his father and he did? Those thoughts circled constantly but he always found time to adventure around the fossil town – especially in and around the Aquarium.

He was ten when he watched his father revive a Pokemon from a Jaw Fossil. Amazed and utterly stunned by the Pokemon's unusual color; Kenneth took to visiting it often. His father saw the potential in the pair and though a bit reluctant allowed the Tyrunt to bond with his son. It was an experiment as well as a sorta present for his son. The two of them climbed, hiked, and explored like crazy for three years; going through the coastal region of Kalos as was his father's restrictions.

A year after his return from his adventures, and his father found his young boy a rather daring teen. He plowed through challenges with a Tyrantrum-like rampage, vivacious smile, and royal heart. Kenneth was spending a fine afternoon on the coast with Bang Bang when Professor Sycamore, along with his father approached him. Apparently, they both saw so much potential in him that they wanted him to work along side the Poke Professor.

This deal of sorts came along with the opportunity to receive a rare Pokemon from the Kanto region and a Pokedex. How could he even think to pass up such a opportunity. He received a recently obtained Aerodactyl from the Professor, confessing that he felt they'd be a good fit. Excited to have a new friend, he agreed almost immediately and after returning to the professor's lab and receiving a keystone, met Alain.

Kenneth quickly begin to see Alain as his rival. After witnessing his strength, along with his Charizard's; Kenneth made it his goal to become as strong as possible. He worked for months with Prof. Sycamore and when he could on small errands took the time to adventure and battle. He caught Pokemon that he felt a connection with and earned a slowly brewing reputation in the process. Bang Bang eventually became a Tyrantrum, he rescued a newly revived Amaura from bandits that stole from his father's lab, and his most recent capture was a Helioptile. It became rather evident that he held a prehistoric party after awhile.

Bonding with Saga came harder than he had imagined. In a few short weeks, he found himself drooling over her strength and skills but often irritated with her attitude. When he returned to the lab from a rather expansive errand, he was given a shard of Aerodactylite as a gift. Mega Evolution was not as easy on him as he believed it would be. His bond with Saga was strong enough to achieve the evolution but often caused some form of problem afterwards.​

Pokémon Partner
    142.gif
    142-mega.gif

Species: Aerodactyl
    Name: Saga
    Moveset: Fly – Iron Head – Ice Fang – Thunder Fang – Hyper Beam – Crunch – Supersonic – Aqua Tail – Dragon Pulse – Sky Attack

Other Pokemon
    697.gif

Species: Tyrantrum
    Name: Bang Bang
    Moveset: Head Smash – Rock Polish – Dragon Tail – Crunch – Sandstorm – Rock Slide – Earthquake – Dragon Pulse – Hyper Voice – Zen Headbutt

698.gif

Species: Amaura
    Name: Cherish
    Moveset: Powder Snow – Water Pulse – Mist – Take Down – Mirror Coat - Ice Beam

694.gif

Species: Helioptile
    Name: Tang
    Moveset: Electric Terrain – Thunderbolt – Quick Attack – Parabolic Charge – Volt Tackle – Thunder Wave – Surf – Agility - Flash - Light Screen

Writing Sample |
    "We ended up with a prehistoric group of friends didn't we, Tang?" He scooped up a spoonful of rice and beef stew before placing it in his mouth. The world around him seemed so ancient, and if it hadn't he'd believe something was extremely off.

Bang Bang the Tyrantrum, stomped around with a careless presence, glancing off towards the setting sun. He was the rock of his party, the one they all seemed to look up to for strength and leadership. Kenneth smirked before taking part of his dinner again. He wasn't sure if he could handle all of them alone. Amaura was looking for parental affection now.

Not to mention Saga, she's getting more and more rowdy everyday, He noted to himself. The gentle yet alien snores of his Amaura had become a certain background noise to his usual life and with Helioptile's new arrival to the team, so had the warmth on his side.

But neither of those, nor the overpowering giant Bang Bang had become the center of his team, the newly mega-evolved Aerodactyl -soaring through the sky at speeds that left streams of air behind its back- was. She screeched something fierce as she delved into the lake they had decided to take a break at and snatched up a fish-like Pokemon from its lurking surface.

Kenneth raised up quickly, waking Cherish the Amaura, and bothering Tang the Helioptile. "Don't do that Saga, put it down!" he yelled. Sighing, he shook his head as it flew out of sight. One of the many problems of having to deal with Prehistoric Pokemon; getting them to adapt to the Pokemon food.​

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Placeholder yay!

Cedric Killiane

Male
    August 26th, 1997
    Mossdeep City

Appearance |
    pokemon_trainer_denny_by_tsunami_dono-d36cgr5.png

Credit to tsunami-dojo on DeviantArt for making this.

History |
    Spoiler:

Team Cedric
    salamence-mega.gif

salamence.gif
    Species: Salamence
    Name: Comet
    Moveset: Outrage ~ Dragon Tail ~ Fly ~ Hone Claws ~ Fire Fang ~ Thunder Fang ~ Zen Headbutt ~ Protect ~ Draco Meteor ~ Roar

delphox.gif
    Species: Delphox
    Name: Fennel
    Moveset: Psychic ~ Shadow Ball ~ Flamethrower ~ Mystical Fire ~ Future Sight ~ Howl ~ Sunny Day ~ Fire Blast ~ Magic Room ~ Lucky Chant

jolteon.gif
    Species: Jolteon
    Name: Bolt
    Movesets: Thunder ~ Discharge ~ Thunder Wave ~ Agility ~ Pin Missle ~ Swagger ~ Protect ~ Roar ~ Double Kick ~ Rain Dance

weavile.gif
    Species: Weavile
    Name: Wind
    Movesets: Dark Pulse ~ Punishment ~ Icy Wind ~ Fury Swipes ~ Nasty Plot ~ Fling ~ Ice Punch ~ Spite ~ Shadow Ball ~ Retaliate

Writing Sample |
    Spoiler:

Miscellaneous | Cedric's Key Stone is located in an ancient necklace, basses down from one generation of the family to the next.

Last edited:

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
    Years
  • I'm finished with my SU. Apparently faster than I thought. Hopefully it's okay.

"Just because I like flames doesn't mean I'll burn you."

Name: Victor R. Piroca
    Birth Date: March 17th, 1999 - Aged 19
    Hometown: Ambrette Town, Kalos

Appearance | Victor is rather plain in terms of how he physically looks. He has a medium build with some muscle to it, but not quite muscular, if you can get what I mean. Standing at five feet abd seven inches, he usually is in a relaxed but straight posture, with his hands in the pockets of his brown khaki pants. He has a bit of a round face with smooth tan skin while his eyes are a fierce red. The only thing that's rather extravagant about his physical appearance is his hair, which can be simply described as "a giant black fire" with a glossy edge, making the egde look white.

As for attire, they're plain too. His hands have black fingerless gloves (like Ash's) and he wears black plain shoes with white soles. And by plain shoes, I mean it only has a hole and doesn't have straps or shoelaces, but they are plain in appearance as well. His brown khaki pants are held up by a darker brown leather belt. On the left side of his belt is a small brown pouch where he keeps some supplies, like a water bottle and dried berries. He has a long sleeved emerald shirt with a white line running along the middle of his sleeves (like Ash's shirt), around the collar, and then down the front of middle of his shirt.

History | Victor's life was a pretty uneventful one compared to a few others he knows. His parents, Adréas M. Piroca and Emelia R. Piroca, were retired breeders that decided to live in Ambrette Town, which is how he came to have Sterops, who was a Deerling at the time. Through his young life, Victor lived like many other kids, going to school and playing with Pokémon, and came to want to train Pokémon fron watching the many tournaments showed on television as well as several live ones in and out of town. Through that time, he came to like Fire-type Pokémon, particularly liking Blaine's odd liking of riddles which translated somewhat into how he fought, and Chili's and Flannery's firey battling style.

When he came to the age of 10 years old, he, along with many of his classmates in school, went off to Lumiose City to get a starter Pokémon and travel the Kalos region, except his reason to travel was to become a Gym Leader. True, Victor knew he already had a Pokémon fron his parents, but he wanted a Fire-type so he left Sterops at home. When he arrived at Professor Sycamore's laboratory, he received a Fennekin, named her Anthea, and got a Pokédex. As he left Lumiose, he found Sterops had followed him and just decided to keep him, seeing as he went this far without getting captured.

Quickly after that, his adventure became much more eventful when his new best friends, Marissa Sciété and Max Ourobonka, decided to tag along with him. Many things happened as he and his friends went around, studying Pokémon and battling Gym Leaders, like Max mistaking a Slurpuff as cotton candy, and being burnt by the midget Charmander named Zelda. After a few years, Victor became a bit of a mentor to Max, even though he only managed to get about 3 badges while Max got 8. Seeing as Max got all the needed badges to challenge the League, he went to challenge it, after saying their good-bye's, of course.

Victor continued to train to be a Gym Leader, during which his now-girlfriend Marissa became an aide to Professor Sycamore. He then went to challenge another Gym Leader but not before his girlfriend called, asking if he could help Professor Sycamore with Mega Evolution, seeing as his best Pokémon, Zelda the midget Charizard, could Mega Evolve, and it was Marissa asking, he accepted and came back to Lumiose City to help out.

Pokémon Partner(s)
    006.png

006-mega-x.gif

Species: Charizard (Mega Evolves into Mega Charizard X)
    Name: Zelda
    Moveset: Primary: Rock Smash, Iron Tail, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw
    Secondary: Wing Attack, Strength, Flare Blitz, Dragon Pulse
    Least Used in Battle: Fly, Roar

586.png

Species: Sawsbuck
    Name: Sterops
    Moveset: Primary: Horn Leech, Bounce, Agility, Jump Kick
    Secondary: Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Synthesis, Grass Whistle
    Least Used in Battle: Double-Edge, Thunder Wave

Writing Sample |

Victor R. Piroca
    Outside Professor Sycamore's Lab
    Affected RPer(s): None

"O, come on Zelda! It's not like there will be anyone wearing a hood or a cloak inside the lab," Victor said, standing on the laboratory grounds while Zelda, his midget Charizard, sat just in front of the open gates, arms crossed and eyes closed.

The stubborn Charizard made several whining noises, as well as grunts, as if it was saying something.

"You know I can't understand whatever you're saying Zelda," the young trainer pointed out.

The comment made the little dragon face him with an enraged expression, arms ready to punch and wings flared open. The orange lizard made more whining and grunting noises as she stomped with her feet. Sterops, Victor's Sawsbuck, who was standing behind Victor, rolled his eyes at Zelda's childish behavior.

"Okay, okay. I get what you mean. I'm just reminding you that I technically can't understand you," Victor replied.

Zelda crossed her arms and looked to her right as she pouted her face somewhat, making a few more growls and dog-like noises.

Victor sighed. "Look, you don't have to stay in your Luxury Ball. You can just walk around with me, but you gotta behave, and that means following me and what I say," Victor explained, getting Zelda's attention. "So which is it? Inside or outside?"

Zelda looked to him, then she put a finger under her chin (well, as close to her chin as she could) and looked up in thought. Victor, along with Sterops, waited for her patiently. After a few minutes of Zelda grumbling to herself, she nodded and made purr-like noise, sounding like, "Okay, outside."

Victor sighed in relief before looking at his Charizard with a smile. "All right then." He grabbed a Pokéball on his belt and enlarged its size. He then turned to Sterops, saying, "Return!" He put the Pokéballs back on his belt and looked back at Zelda. "Okay, let's go Zelda!"

Zelda roared happily before following her trainer into the lab. But before they entered, she made a few whines again, sounding close to, "That doesn't mean I'll trust people with cloaks." That made Victor let out an exasperated sigh.

Miscellaneous |
    -Zelda is a midget Charizard, and I really mean midget. She only stands at 4 feet and 6 inches, much shorter than Victor.
    -Victor has other Pokémon, but, thinking it'll be a simple assignment, he only brought the above three.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I've been out of the game too long! I want in!

Assistant's Application

Name: Hugh Dexter
    Birth Date: January 17th, 1998 (20 Years Old)
    Hometown: Azalea Town, Johto

Appearance|
    wvdhiazzkx3bypbdinif.jpg

Hugh is a rather tall man, standing at about 6'4 and weighing in at around 180 pounds. He isn't a bulky fellow, but he's not quite skinny. Average, as one would say. He isn't the most coordinated fellow, being just as awkward and clumsy as one might suggest by looking at him. His brown eyes are framed by black, thick-rimmed glasses. His medium length blonde hair fits quite well with his fair skin. In terms of apparel, Hugh prefers to stick to a more casual appearance, usually wearing jeans of varying shades, button-up shirts, sneakers, and t-shirts.

History |
    "A moment of pain is worth a lifetime of glory." -Louis Zamperini

Hugh was born into a middle class family, his mother a trainer at the local bug type gym, his father one of the charcoal man's higher workers. They raised him well, instilling a love of Pokémon, ambition, and the ability to work hard. Hugh had your average childhood. He did well in school and never got into trouble, and usually preferred take the safe road whenever he could. Hugh's never been one to take chances, and his rebellious years were no different. He doesn't like to brag, but he might mention the one time he brushed his teeth BEFORE breakfast instead of after.

Hugh's Pokémon journey began at age ten, as every other kid's did. He didn't necessarily want one of his mother's bug Pokémon. It's not that he was afraid of them. He just wanted a change. His father's Farfetch'd wasn't for him either. No, he wanted something different. He wanted a Slowpoke. His father took him out to Slowpoke Well and caught his Pokémon, the finest Slowpoke that Hugh could see. Meaning the first one that they came across. Hugh was ecstatic, as one would expect, and immediately made his way to New Bark Town.

The journey was off to a great start. He had made a stop or two to train his handy-dandy partner, officially dubbed Titus. He stomped Falkner's flying team with relative ease, seeing as his ranged attacks managed to keep the birds away. Learning the advantage special attacks had over physical ones. The thought remained with him as he conquered the Sprout Tower using Titus' psychic capabilities. He made his way to Azalea Town, eager to see his parents. Upon his arrival, he was greeted by a small welcoming committee. The unnatural amount attention, although concerning at first, was welcomed. He had a grand time regaling his friends and family of his journey, but soon grew restless. Once given the taste of adventure, one has a hard time staying put. He went to the gym and suffered a grievous defeat, his first lesson in type advantage and speed. He discovered that one couldn't survive based solely off of range. This prompted him to head out and catch another Pokémon. What place would be more suitable than his favorite childhood playground, the Ilex Forest?

The first Pokémon he came across was an Aipom, who's agility and speed would perfectly counter Iggy's lightning-fast Scyther. Titus and the Aipom engaged in heavy battle, and for a while it seemed they were evenly matched. Eventually, however, Titus won out, and Hugh captured the Aipom, naming it Atlas. With his new partner in hand, he beat Iggy's gym easily.

This victory led to many others, and before he knew it he and his companions, now a Slowbro and Ambipom, had made it to Victory Road, one of two obstacles left. The other was a Snorlax. The Snorlax was small...for Snorlax standards. He also seemed to be more energetic than the others, however. Hugh knew there was only one option. The Snorlax's bulk protected itself from the majority of Titus' attacks, and Atlas couldn't hit quite hard enough to knock the 'Mon over. Eventually the Snorlax tired out, unable to defend himself from both attackers. Of course, Hugh caught him and named it Konzu.

Our story's heroes made it through the Victory Road after a good deal of battling and hardship, and stepped confidently onto the Indigo Plateau. Eager to take on a new challenge, Hugh trained tirelessly until the annual conference tournament was held. He easily made his way through the qualifying rounds using his extreme use of strategy. Hugh advanced through the preliminaries, catching a snag here or there when confronted with a tough trainer, and he almost lost a couple times, but he kept his head held high. Things were going quite well, up until the top twenty. The grew to be almost impossible instantaneously. Before Hugh new it, it was his turn to battle for the last spot in the top sixteen. The trainer he faced, however, was far stronger than he had anticipated by watching and studying his battles. He was defeated after a brief, but good fight.

As Hugh walked out of the Plateau with his head hung low, he was approached by a man wearing a lab coat. He was offered an opportunity to aid Professor Sycamore of the Kalos region in the research of mega evolution. Always the one to partake in adventure, Hugh agreed and made way for the Kalos region.

Pokémon Partner
    080.png

Species: Slowbro
    Name: Titus
    Moveset: Psychic, Blizzard, Calm Mind, Light Screen, Reflect, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, Earthquake

Species: Snorlax
    Name: Konzu
    Moveset: Return, Giga Impact, Crunch, Zen Headbutt, Focus Punch, Rollout, Chip Away, Double Team, Rock Slide

Species: Ambipom
    Name: Atlas
    Moveset: Double Hit, Fling, Acrobatics, Fake Out, Thief, Payback, Retaliate, Rock Smash, Giga Impact, Shadow Claw
    Writing Sample |
    "Alrighty, Titus. Here we go." Hugh grinned as he popped the rainbow-colored keystone into the bracelet on his wrist. He handed the Slowbro a pale pink stone with a darker pink stripe entwined with a pale yellow stripe. Although it appeared that there was no thought going on within the 'Mon's head, the Slowbro was almost shaking with excitement. Hugh looked across the forest clearing to the trainer facing them. "You wanted a battle, you'll get one!" He raised his hand and pressed in the keystone (I think that's how that works?). All that could be seen for a brief moment was a giant flash of rainbow light emitting from Titus. After the light faded, the Slowbro was replaced by something a little different.

Titus, in his mega evolved form, was completely swallowed by the Shellder that normally resided on his tail except for his head, arms, and a tiny bit of his tail. The Pokémon was nimbly balancing on his tail, the same vacant grin on his face.

The trainer's eyes went wide as the Pokémon underwent his change, but he quickly regained his composure and grinned. "Alright! Fair enough. Let's do this!" He removed his own Pokeball from his belt and threw it out. It popped open and, with a red flash, released a Gengar. The ghost Pokémon gave a nasty grin as it looked back at its trainer. "Go, Gengar! Use Shadow Ball!" The Gengar leaped forward and gathered a ball of dark, shimmering energy in its hand. It let forth a might, "Gen...GAR!" As it shot it towards the precariously-perched Titus.

Hugh couldn't help but stifle a grin as he shouted out, "Use Light Screen, Titus!" As sluggish and weak as the Pokémon seemed, the Slowbro's psychic capabilities were phenomenal. In the blink of an eye, an almost translucent barrier appeared in front of him, absorbing the dark ball of energy. Hugh laughed a bit. Before he had mega evolved, that blow would have shattered the screen, and them some. The extra evolution gave Titus a substantial power boost. "Now, give him your own Shadow Ball!" With limited arm reach, the Slowbro mentally conjured the ball behind the barrier. It levitated in front of his mouth for a moment before the Light Screen faded, and was sent flying off.

Propelled by powerful psychic energy, the ball flew much faster than the Gengar's. The Gengar didn't have nearly enough time to react as Titus did, and was struck almost instantaneously. The attack sent it soaring through the air, but it managed to land successfully on its hands and knees. The trainer grimaced and shouted, "Go for a Dark Pulse, then follow it up with a Shadow Ball!" The Gengar nodded and shot forth a dark energy ball, then quickly followed it with the deep purple ball.

Titus watched the evil projectiles with a faint hint of fear in his eyes. Hugh shouted out, "Don't worry, Titus! We got this!" He cleared his mind, quickly thinking about what to do...And then it hit him. "Use Calm Mind!" The Slowbro's eyes closed, and for a moment it seemed that he was levitating. The attacks struck Titus with an almost catastrophic force, and sent up a large cloud of smoke. "Titus!" Hugh cried out in anguish as his companion appeared to be decimated. As the smoke cleared, a brief flash of purple energy was seen, and the Gengar was smashed into the ground a few times as if by psychic energy. The Mega Slowbro emerged from the smoke, bouncing lightly on his tail, the vacant grim replaced by a slight grimace of pain. If it had not been for the new armored shell and special stats boost, he would have been pulverized. Hugh grinned as his companion let out, what he understood to be, a triumphant, "Slooowwwwwbroooo."

The trainer across the field cried out as his own companion fell. "No! Gengar!" He approached the ghost Pokémon and sighed. The X marks in his eyes signified that he wouldn't be battling until they visited a Pokémon Center. "Return." The Gengar disappeared back into the pokeball with a red flash. He looked to Hugh and gave a remorseful smile. "You're tough. Not many people are able to take attacks like that and live to tell the tale." He walked up to the clumsy man and held out his hand for, well, a handshake.

Hugh smiled and shook his hand politely. "Thank you. This is my first time trying out this whole mega evolution things." He returned Titus into his pokeball and grinned. "I think it seemed to work."

The trainer raised an eyebrow thoughtfully and asked, "Where do you get one of those stones? And that bracelet you're wearing?"

A panicked look came across Hugh's face as he looked at his other wrist, adorned with a watch. "Oh no! The time! I'm going to be late for Professor Sycamore's meeting!" He raised his hands apologetically and groaned. "No time to wait! I have to go! Sorry!" With that, he sprinted off as fast as he could, obviously heading for the lab.

Miscellaneous | THEME SONGS TIME! (Couldn't decide on just one)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMl8cQjBfqk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWydN6_JAWs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqTLw-GKG5A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECHJd2Q63P8

Last edited:
    Back