• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Full edit text box not working

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I had to switch to Google Chrome because Firefox died on me (long story). Anyway, when I started posting on PC, I noticed the WYSIWYG editor wasn't working. It doesn't work anywhere I try to post either. It's also turned on as well. I've tried everything to get it back on, and I've never had this problem with Firefox. I do use Adblocker Plus on Google Chrome, so that might be the reason... but I don't know how to get it working again. I can't save Firefox because even when I reinstalled it and what not... it still wouldn't work. This is so frustrating. ;____;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I know this is a few days late, but have you been able to get it to work again?

I don't see how adblock has anything to do with the text editor, since they are both completely different things. Check your Dashboard > Edit Options and double check your WYSIWYG options and see if you accidentally unchecked/checked an option you may have seen. Let me know if you still need help.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • to fix Firefox, delete your profile (google it for how to) and reinstall the latest version. should fix your firefox issue,

As for the WYSIWYG editor, not sure it it ever worked correctly in Chrome (its a Chrome issue/glitch) though we are working on a replacement in the new code, coming soon.

test_account

for all that is broken, I am the test.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2019
    test.. testing test

well it says its the WYSIWYG editor but it's the middle, enhanced one when actually used.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I know this is a few days late, but have you been able to get it to work again?

I don't see how adblock has anything to do with the text editor, since they are both completely different things. Check your Dashboard > Edit Options and double check your WYSIWYG options and see if you accidentally unchecked/checked an option you may have seen. Let me know if you still need help.

Nope. It works perfectly fine. I've checked a dozen times, and it's still not showing. I don't have this problem on other forums, so it's probably not an adblock type thing.

Here's what I have set:

Spoiler:

Though, like Steve said below... it's a issue with Chrome. Seeing how a couple others have said it does the same for them leads me to believe that Steve might actually be right.

to fix Firefox, delete your profile (google it for how to) and reinstall the latest version. should fix your firefox issue,

As for the WYSIWYG editor, not sure it it ever worked correctly in Chrome (its a Chrome issue/glitch) though we are working on a replacement in the new code, coming soon.

Honestly? I kind of like using Chrome. Firefox was giving me a lot of trouble with lag and script errors (even with noscript on).

Oh, I should have figured it had to do with Chrome. It just seems strange how it works on other forums I go on, yet it doesn't seem to work here on PC is all. O_o

Last edited:
    Back