• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Forum overhaul

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • I've bounced around my fair share of forums and seen all different formats and layouts and bases from which greatness is made. They've all had their own ups and their downs.

I recently hopped over to the forums of PixelTail games and was blown away by the style, functionality and just how much of a pleasure it felt to use.

Now I am not saying "Make this look like that". My suggestion is simply that I believe it may be time for an overhaul of the site, a major redesign..

Now I of course see this isn't very likely since it would be VERY time consuming and most likely a bit expensive, but I believe it would be a great improvement to the site.

Edit: If anyone is interested, Discourse is the forum software I was "Blown away" by. Not worth bumping the thread but it's there if anyone is curious.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • A redesign/overhaul is in the works, actually. But Ausaudriel or Hiroshi Sotomura could probably tell you more about it than I can since they're the ones doing the coding, haha. But there is something that will be done, so just sit tight. :)

Arsenic

Years
  • Huh. And I'd have thought I was the only one interested in a redesign. Well I do recommend PixelTail's forum as inspiration, personally, but I have no doubts that whatever you put out will be outstanding!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I love the colorful design they have going. :) As Alli said, we've got plans in place and our coders/designers are doing what they can in their spare time to work on it. Maybe we can prod 'em for a sneak preview soon.

Arsenic

Years
  • I love the colorful design they have going. :) As Alli said, we've got plans in place and our coders/designers are doing what they can in their spare time to work on it. Maybe we can prod 'em for a sneak preview soon.

If you're talking about PTG's forum that I linked, the best thing they have going in my opinion is when you click on a user's avatar, a pop-up thing happens that gives you a bunch of basic info, as well as displaying the avatar larger and shows a background image completely chosen by the user (and if you have a avatar with a transparent background, it actually is transparent on the whole site) which is completely separate from the profile background. Give it a try to see what I'm attempting to describe :D

And I'm sure the ultra powerful klippy can make that preview happen!

Back