• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Shouting out to all NHL fans!

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
Years
  • How much of a hockey fan are you?
    What's your favorite team?
    Favorite player?
    What are you hoping to see in this year's playoffs?

I haven't been into hockey for that long, maybe about a year or so.
    Since then however, I've become a diehard Chicago Blackhawks fan.

I know a lot of people don't like him that much, considering what happened with the Bruins and Redwings ...
    but my favorite player is Marian Hossa without a doubt.

I haven't gotten much of a reason to worry about the Hawks NOT making it to the Playoffs this year,
    considering they are the second in the league behind the Caps (last I checked),
    though with Patrick Sharp making a good impression with Dallas, I'll admit that I'm nervous.. and a little upset.
    I really like Sharpie and I'm still sad that he's on the Stars now, same with Brandon Saad on Columbus.

How about you guys?​

Last edited:
    Years
  • EW, IT'S A BLACKHAWKS FAN.

Nah, most of you guys are alright. Most.

I've been keeping tabs on a Wild season that has been going off the rails. This team has done this every damn season for at least the past 3 seasons and it's annoying. One of these seasons, going on a tear through February and March won't save the team.

Blackhawks fans have nothing to really worry about in comparison.

ZoroStar

Years
  • EW, IT'S A BLACKHAWKS FAN.

Nah, most of you guys are alright. Most.

I've been keeping tabs on a Wild season that has been going off the rails. This team has done this every damn season for at least the past 3 seasons and it's annoying. One of these seasons, going on a tear through February and March won't save the team.

Blackhawks fans have nothing to really worry about in comparison.

Oh, don't worry.
    I understand completely where you're coming from, in terms of terrible fans.
    A friend of mine was working at a gas station by the United Center when they won the cup in 2010,
    let's just say that he doesn't work there after what happened to the place.
    So yeah, you've got a very valid point there.

I can only hope that things have calmed down after the 2013 and 2015 wins, though in Chicago..
    You can't count on that.

ZoroStar

Years
  • I happen to be a fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Course I have been forgetting to keep track of how they are doing this season. As for my favorite player, I really don't know who is my favorite.
    I have an immense respect for the Lightning.
    You guys have a great team, classy and skilled with a lot of firepower.
    You gave us one hell of a series and I enjoyed every second of it.

Years
  • I could probably talk about hockey for hours on end, haha. And not just NHL, but minor league, juniors, and European leagues, too. Granted, I'm not as invested in those as the NHL, but but I'll still watch them nonetheless.

I've always been a New Jersey Devils fan, though these last 5 years have been pretty rough (aside from our surprise run to the Cup final in 2012). Though, considering the fact that we were projected to be one of the worst teams in the league this year, I'm pleasantly surprised that we're in the playoff hunt, mostly thanks to Cory Schneider.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I am from Hockeytown which means it's Red Wings all the way. I haven't been able to watch much of this season because of my odd work schedule. LAME! As for players Chris Osgood was one of my faveorites along with Johan Franzén.

ZoroStar

Years
  • I could probably talk about hockey for hours on end, haha. And not just NHL, but minor league, juniors, and European leagues, too. Granted, I'm not as invested in those as the NHL, but but I'll still watch them nonetheless.

I've always been a New Jersey Devils fan, though these last 5 years have been pretty rough (aside from our surprise run to the Cup final in 2012). Though, considering the fact that we were projected to be one of the worst teams in the league this year, I'm pleasantly surprised that we're in the playoff hunt, mostly thanks to Cory Schneider.

I remember some of my family members watching the Finals in 2012, despite that we got flushed out by the Coyotes in the first round.
    I know it's sort of an unspoken rule to hope that a team from your conference wins the cup,
    but I think all of us were rooting against the Kings, and after the 2014 WFC loss, it kind of continues.

I have my own words to say about LA, but I don't want to disrespect any decent fans.
    It's not holding well on my own sanity though.

Hey, I wish the Devils luck and I hope to see you guys in the Playoffs!​

Last edited:

ZoroStar

Years
  • I am from Hockeytown which means it's Red Wings all the way. I haven't been able to watch much of this season because of my odd work schedule. LAME! As for players Chris Osgood was one of my faveorites along with Johan Franzén.

Original Six!
    Though, that would make us rivals of sorts, wouldn't it?

The only way I can catch Blackhawks games nowadays is if I'm in the same room with my dad,
    who is currently at the hospital.​

Years
  • I remember some of my family members watching the Finals in 2012, despite that we got flushed out by the Coyotes in the first round.
    I know it's sort of an unspoken rule to hope that a team from your conference wins the cup,
    but I think all of us were rooting against the Kings, and after the 2014 WFC loss, it kind of continues.

I have my own words to say about LA, but I don't want to disrespect any decent fans.
    It's not holding well on my own sanity though.

Hey, I wish the Devils luck and I hope to see you guys in the Playoffs!​

I mean, the current Kings aren't exactly likeable if they're not your team, haha.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    How much of a hockey fan are you?
    Hockey is my favourite sport, although growing up in the UK makes it far harder to follow. I've been a fan of hockey since 8 years ago.

What's your favorite team?
    Whilst I've been a fan of the NHL since I was 17, my choice for favourite team didn't happen as quickly (I think this is due to my lack of hometown affinity). About 4 years ago, I decided to choose the Nashville Predators.

Favorite player?
    Pekka Rinne. He was one of the main reasons I chose the Preds as my team.

What are you hoping to see in this year's playoffs?
    I have a soft spot for the Panthers and Luongo, I'd love to see them make a deep run this year.

Years
  • How much of a hockey fan are you?ehh i'm a medium one i guess not that hardcore really
    What's your favorite team?washington capitals
    Favorite player? backstrom and Ovi
    What are you hoping to see in this year's playoffs? i wanna see my caps get past the 2nd round for once.

Years
  • WELP. That's another loss. Wild are 3-11-4 since the calendar turned to 2016. FIRE EVERYONE! TRADE GM CHUCK FLETCHER FIRE PARISE TRADE YEO!

This team is altogether too streaky for its own sake because of the way it's constructed, which is that they've got past their prime veterans mixed with young guys who aren't in their primes yet and don't seem to be panning out the way the team had hoped.

Years
  • i don't think getting rid of everyone will help anything you lost to the top team in the league nothing to be ashamed of.

It's not that. It's the ridiculously bad slumps this team has gone through each of the last 3 seasons during the season. SOMETHING has to change. They're not going to get lucky every season and go on an insane hot streak.

Years
  • It's not that. It's the ridiculously bad slumps this team has gone through each of the last 3 seasons during the season. SOMETHING has to change. They're not going to get lucky every season and go on an insane hot streak.
    oh yeah then maybe a house cleaning is in order maybe a new coach with a different system.

Years
  • Wtaching the Flyers lose every shootout ever is absolutely excruciating. It doesn't help that we have a bunch of choke artists on the team. At least goaltending is no longer an issue!

Years
  • oh yeah then maybe a house cleaning is in order maybe a new coach with a different system.

Guess what happened?

https://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/698880803946831872

Rumors are floating around that Suter's close relationship with the team's owner, Craig Leipold, caused Yeo to have far less teeth with the team because Suter could complain about anything he didn't like and make changes happen. Which, of course, seems to have led to the team quitting on Yeo and getting him fired.

Years
  • Guess what happened?

https://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/698880803946831872

Rumors are floating around that Suter's close relationship with the team's owner, Craig Leipold, caused Yeo to have far less teeth with the team because Suter could complain about anything he didn't like and make changes happen. Which, of course, seems to have led to the team quitting on Yeo and getting him fired.
    yeah you all might need a semi-rebuild now but not sure tho things are a mess

Back