• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Weekly Puzzles and/or Challenges

Years
  • I'm not sure whether these are the sort of things Daily would be interested in as they're not articles but thought I wouldn't find out unless I pitched them!

Puzzles

These would be Pokémon related and could be a nice, quick and fun thing for people to do at the end of a busy week, like Twitter Trivia.

The types of puzzles would include jigsaws, sliding puzzles, word searches, crosswords, word scrambles, join the dots, that sort of thing, and wherever possible be embedded in the article and able to be completed online.

Reader Challenges

A series where one Pokémon related challenge is published per week for fellow readers to strive towards or even compete for top spot. Readers could be encouraged to submit challenges for publication.

Challenges could be for any part of the franchise but I imagine gaming would be the most accessible. Such things as surpassing a high score, completing a task below a certain time, completing a task with particular requirements etc.

For example:

Exceeding a certain amount of points in the Pikachu's Beach mini game in Yellow.

Completing the Mach Bike challenge in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire under a certain time.

Achieving a certain amount of combos in Puzzle Challenge.

Defeating Elite Four/Champion using certain Pokémon or restricted items.

Possible solo or combined series name; Game Corner :)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I like the name of game corner.

One qualm is that I wouldn't want this to be stated to be a weekly thing. It's always hard to stick to a routine and get stuff up on time, so while it can be unofficially be meant as a weekly article, we shouldn't state that in said article so if a delay happens all is well.

As for the idea itself I like it. Seems to have some potential integration into the forums as well. Needs some thought on who makes up the challenges, some plan on rotation (so e.g. it's not five ORAS challenges in a row; rather having a mix of old and new and different sort of challenges). Making stuff like connect the dots of etc may be fairly timely on that note - is this somethin just you want to do are do you want to recruit others for that? Embedding into articles is a question better suited for Jake but not everything just works (e.g. youtube, twitter, etc have support within WordPress, but stuff like say Showdown battle replays do not.)

Years
  • I like the name of game corner.

One qualm is that I wouldn't want this to be stated to be a weekly thing. It's always hard to stick to a routine and get stuff up on time, so while it can be unofficially be meant as a weekly article, we shouldn't state that in said article so if a delay happens all is well.

As for the idea itself I like it. Seems to have some potential integration into the forums as well. Needs some thought on who makes up the challenges, some plan on rotation (so e.g. it's not five ORAS challenges in a row; rather having a mix of old and new and different sort of challenges). Making stuff like connect the dots of etc may be fairly timely on that note - is this somethin just you want to do are do you want to recruit others for that? Embedding into articles is a question better suited for Jake but not everything just works (e.g. youtube, twitter, etc have support within WordPress, but stuff like say Showdown battle replays do not.)

We could have a store of various challenges ready to go and add to it over time. I have many ideas but I'd like preference to go to reader submissions whenever possible.

For the puzzles I'd like to do as much as I can myself but there may be stuff other people can do that I can't so contributions are welcome!

For puzzles that can be completed online here are some of the sites that I've used already or may try out:

ProProfs Brain Games

Jigsaw Planet

My Word Search (This one's good for themes as the the grid can be changed to look like a sun, moon, lightning bolt, flower and more!)

Crossword Hobbyist

Just Word Search

Crossword Puzzle Games

PuzzleFast

Back